PDA

View Full Version : AEF Q.

RBuzzer
14th Oct 2007, 13:00
Just a quick one gents - in general do all AEF holds require you to work weekends? anybody know of any mon-fri AEF holding officers out there? (im guessing no!). And secondly what are the requirements to become an AEF holding officer (im waiting on my OCU at the moment!). Cheers
R.

Hot Charlie
14th Oct 2007, 17:40
Firstly, from my own experience, not necessarily, unless you really want to.

Secondly, I believe you need to have been assessed average or above throughout flying training and be post "wings", which you obviously are. It also needs to be approved by 1EFTS and/or GCFT. At one time I believe it was only post Linton holdees, but I believe it's potentially open to post DHFS and METS too (although I stand to be corrected, and judging by the length of some holds now that may be somewhat futile).:)

Roland Pulfrew
14th Oct 2007, 22:19
AEF holding pilots are required to have their wings (obviously) and can be from ME, FJ or RW. For RW it must be after completion of RW training but can be before OCU. You need to be "accepted" by OC 1 EFTS and ADFT at 22 Gp before approval to fly.

L J R
15th Oct 2007, 05:07
Not all holding pilots who hold at AEFs actually fly as captain with the AEF at which they hold (Others might fly - but they might not necessarily fly with studes). There is no 'typical' AEF holding job, all cases are on a case by case basis.....or so I have been advised.