PDA

View Full Version : brasilians r leavng Jade Cargo

BRASILB744
14th Oct 2007, 00:07
to all those interested in coming to Jade cargo, 12 Brasilian Pilots leaving next month for Korean Airlines, the reason are many but mainly itīs 2 new hire guys from Zimbawe Africa or somehere around there, since the day they got here a couple of month ago they do nothng more than put us down saying things like we are no good pilotsand all kind of prejudice remarks they call us from 3rd world country but where they come from there is only sand and bush and prejudice people like them, and where in the hell were they a year ago if it wasnt for us brslian pilots this company will stop operations, even the 2 brasilian instructors are leaving, the ne ceo have good intentions but if he surround him by this 2 guys everybody else will leave before the end of the year. so if you were thinking about coming ask before you come if they left...send to a friend I already sent to management. And for the nest meeting theyill hear from all of us who are staying and if management decide to keep them making deciions most of us are prepare to walk out...

Capt.Bee
14th Oct 2007, 12:31
Buddy ,I have real problem here. Can you clarify your statement , please. You can help yourself using some of the Mr. Gates' programs. :)

ACMS
14th Oct 2007, 13:51
So 2 guys from Africa come to your outfit and bad mouth 12 Brazilians?

Boy they must have a lot of power/influence in your Airline to run you out of town.

Are they now the Chief Pilot and Chief of Training?

They must be to cause all this fuss?

So what about your past training files? can't the bosses read English? or are your files full of bad reports?

Anyway, I think you would all be much better off in KE anyway.

speedtwoten
14th Oct 2007, 16:14
since VARIG collapse there are a lots Brazillians pilots arround,
to all those interested in coming to Jade cargo, 12 Brasilian Pilots leaving next month for Korean Airlines,and the same will happen if they not leaving only Brasillian will operate in Jade Cargo:{ question is are they already accepted by Korean Airlines:confused:

hamil
15th Oct 2007, 02:59
2 new hire guys from Zimbawe Africa they call us from 3rd world country...
Yeah, actually Zimb has a good reputation as 1st world country in aviation matters. Funny... :mad:
Prejudice
Yeah 2, it's time to move to KAL... it is a perfect place for expats. Really no prejudice at all.:}

fullforward
15th Oct 2007, 03:08
Do not take it personnal, but how did you managed to be accepted with this kind of spelling?
Along with your flying abilities, good command in English is a must on the expat world.
Try hard to improve it, is my good advice.

LindbergB767
15th Oct 2007, 03:19
I d ont understand why the Brazillians are complaining
they knew when they accepted that job that it was a cheap labor job
I am so happy that I turn down that offer in Jan 2006

speedtwoten
15th Oct 2007, 07:17
but how did you managed to be accepted with this kind of spelling?
Along with your flying abilities, good command in English is a must on the expat world.remember the thread about Brazilian in Air Macao, how they call an emergency in Hong Kong in portugese

kratky
15th Oct 2007, 12:02
My Name is Kay Kratky.

I will officially take over Jade Cargo Nov,1st as CEO.

It is true, Jade Cargo is in troubled waters.
Before too many people do speculate about what exactly is going to happen, I would like to give a statement about the facts.

Jade will get back on track. There is a strong committment of our shareholders to give every support needed. Not everything can be changed in one day, but first steps are already taken.

Now there is a competitive travel policy in place which will enable our expats to keep up their social relationship.

Within the next days the new total package will be communicated.
It will be very competitive, too and available for the already employed
pilots as for the new ones.

Pilot management positions will be offered in a transparent way and given
according to the choice of the best.

Neither individual nor group interests among the pilots will govern future decisions. Just transparent and according to agreed profiles documented processes will be accepted.

Jade`s policy from now on will be to convince by facts not promises.

Before you make up your mind feel free to contact me personally.

[email protected]

Always Blue Skies

Cpt Kay Katky
CEO Jade Cargo International

skytrek21
16th Oct 2007, 04:01
FullForward.....you might want to check your english before you correct someone.

MaxThrust
16th Oct 2007, 05:37
So 12 Bazillians have left. Fantastic I guess. Maybe all the problems with Jade will go with them.:O

BRASILB744
16th Oct 2007, 06:22
you must definitely are one of the 2, but that is ok if the Company is willing to have among their staff prejudice people as yourself. But if the new Ceo keeps his word I do not believe there is much of a chance for the 2 of you in the future of this Company and that makes us very glad.

jackbauer
16th Oct 2007, 09:06
Always a bad sign when a Capt is taking over as a CEO and even worse when he feels he has to communicate with his people thru Pprune. Run away as fast as you can guys!!!

LindbergB767
16th Oct 2007, 10:18
Hope the new package will be something similar as Korean Air
This contract should be a commuting contract of at least 10 to 12 days OFF a month as well as 24 days of Hollyday a year
Salary minimum 12000 a month plus overtime after 70 hrs
Ticket paid every month to home base plus insurance ect ect

That what I told them in 2006 otherwise they would become a flying club

May be they will understand this time who knows may be

tsl
16th Oct 2007, 10:18
Sorry Jack, can't agree. I am leaving a company run by politicians. Will be refreshing to work under a CEO who knows that airlines need pilots to operate. At least he knows where the sharp end is.
Looking forward to start asap.:ok:

BRASILB744
16th Oct 2007, 12:49
12000 plus,10 to 12 days consecutive, NO INCOME TAX DEDUCTION, housing allowance additional to the salary, direct ticket every month to go home, this is competitive package anything short this will not stop the lack of or massive exodus of pilots, unfortunate for me is to late for those staying wish you the best

lekkeroujan
16th Oct 2007, 14:28
No Jack, it is a good sign when the CEO actually reads pprune to find out what the feelings of the pilots are. He then uses his real name and makes an anouncement to address all the rumours.

Its like tsl says, you have no idea what its like to work for a company run by incompotent, selfserving goverment types. Last week I was told :"You do the SAME JOB as the cabin crew, so you must get the same benefits!"

Well done Capt Kratky and keep up the good work.

Looking forward to join Jade.

jackbauer
16th Oct 2007, 14:57
I think its a well known fact in aviation that pilots make very poor senior managers and recruiting one as CEO is a sign that nobody else wants the job. I nearly laughed in the guys face when they told me the T&C for 747 drivers in Jade so I can only assume that the boss is getting an equally hysterical pay packet. Monkeys and peanuts, right! Glad I dodged that bullet.

lekkeroujan
16th Oct 2007, 17:10
Managing all the resourses available to you is one of the many requirements of a good commander. If you are a good pilot, you are also a good manager. No difference whether you manage your flight deck, your personal life or a big company , so Jack, your statement is not true.

As far as I know the new CEO was not recruited, he was sent to sort out the great big mess created by the "none-flying-types".

jackbauer
16th Oct 2007, 19:53
It appears this CEO has surrounded himself with like minded people. enough said I suppose.:ugh:

vfenext
18th Oct 2007, 06:03
If the package is as bad as it was in march of this year then Jack is right. It was a comical salary ($5000) and a bond and you pay medical and you pay tax and you live in Schenzhen. You have to be despaerate to work for an outfit like this. The fact that a pilot is CEO means nobody with the right quals wants the job. I agree that historically pilots make rubbish senior managers, running a flight deck is not like running a business. Anyone who feels different should join Jade and find out for themselves. :=

Hunter58
18th Oct 2007, 10:57
I agree that historically pilots make rubbish senior managers, running a flight deck is not like running a business.

Nice quote. That of course is also true for the frogs perspective of any pilot who comments on his airline. Given the circumstances I have my doubts that anything will get better at Jade. Are you sure the problem was management?

aberkya
18th Oct 2007, 14:37
Well, it is very hard to believe the story alleged by BarasilB744 is true. The message behind the poorly written statement is vague. Can you elaborate how the two new hired Africans, Zimbabweans could screw up more than 9 senior Brazilians? The odds do not seem to add up.
I sensed that you wrote the message out of hatred to the company and/or the Zimbabweans. Your English suggests either you wrote it hastily in fume or your knowledge of English is limited.

I hope this is not paranoiahttp://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/46.gif that will chase you all the way to Korea.

As of Mr. Kay Kratky,

Good job:ok:. It is always good to listen to the heart bits of pilots. Be it in PPRUNE or the local bar any information is important. I urge you, though, to meet the pilots and look for common ground where everyone can play fairly.

Good Luck

skippnstones
19th Oct 2007, 14:21
A man is judged by his accomplishments, integrity, and work ethic, not his title.

skippnstones
19th Oct 2007, 17:17
I've read many of the postings regarding past and present conditions here at Jade. I have been with this company for nearly a year now, and will offer a perspective as I have experienced it. I cannot speak to the circumstances that some individuals now find themselves, nor their reasons for wanting to leave. Yet, for me, my experiences with this company on whole have been positive on many levels. As previously mentioned in prior postings, Jade, has without exception had a difficult time, and in many ways the operating line pilots were called upon to carry a heavy burden, resulting in hardship for their families. For some of these pilots, as we well know, their employment had become untenable and alternative employment became an imperative. For sure, Jade is not for everyone. Each individual must judge for themselves the obvious and hidden implications of becoming an Expat in China for a start-up airline. Since the start of my employment with Jade, it was obvious to me that Jade was in a continual state of flux and disconnect. Everyone, on every level seemed to be bumping into each other, difficulties and miscommunication were the norm. Trying to comprehend even the simplest of things in their process boggled the mind, and trying to be productive in advancing your own Chinese pilot certification was the equivalent of sitting around watching the grass grow. Yet, with all of the difficulties and hardships experienced, I never once saw any individual responsible for assisting me, ever give less than one-hundred percent effort. Far too often, if ever, has any consideration been given to the office staff working for Jade, and working for us pilots, given credit for their incredible sacrifices. Behind the scene are a lot of people depending on Jade becoming successful and are giving all they have to see this company succeed. In no way, can anyone diminish this company for lack of effort. From the begining, through to flying the line, it has been one very interesting and challenging experience for me and I don't have a single regret. If you are of the type that likes building things, not afraid of hard work and can handle a kalidescope of twists and turns, this is a great place to be. When I was offered employment with Jade, I was presented a contract, I accepted the terms and signed it. I knew full well that Jade was a start-up and there were going to be a lot of difficulties. Anyone with half a brain has to know that Jade would face enourmous hurdles getting off the ground even in a developed western country, complete with a fully functioning reglatory aviation infrastructure. China is being dragged kicking and screeming out of its antiquated and underdeveloped aviation infrastructure into the modern world. Jade management, office staff and pilots are right dead smack in the middle of this mind blowing transformation. I'm fully committed to Jade, determined to be a positive partiscipant and willing to give our new management every consideration as they try to make this a great place to work. I want to be part of that. If you are considering or have been offered employment with Jade and want more information I'll be happy to share with you all that I have learned. Just know that a lot has changed since I started here and I do not know all of the aspects and developments that have recently occured. I've adjusted well to living in China and Shenzhen, and have a wealth of information about what its like living here. Just know too that there are a lot of really great pilots here that are willing to help you when you arrive and make your transition a little easier.

speedtwoten
19th Oct 2007, 18:13
from skippnstones :
I was presented a contract, I accepted the terms and signed it. I knew full well that Jade was a start-up and there were going to be a lot of difficulties. a fair statement from you, and I will do the same, but the problem with brazillians are they are unique they not willing to unite with other expats excepts brazillians:}

wing tip brakes
25th Oct 2007, 15:20
I have been on the receiving end of some of what the Brazilians are going through at Jade, and its not pleasant. The whites in Southern Africa must be the most arrogant people around. So i would tend to believe what they have experienced. Apparently its only said in jest, but not very funny for the people on the receiving end.

Peachy coming from the Zimboes, they forget what **** hole they come from.

As for Aberkya do you yanks not refer to the Mexicans as wetbacks. This is no different to what the Brazilians may be experiencing. they last time I looked most of your cities have Hispanic names. go figure

JADECAPT
29th Oct 2007, 19:50
I got so surprised when I heard what somebody wrote about Brazilian and South African guys, that I had to come to PPRuNe and check it.
Well, at first I have to say that I'm Brazilian, I joint Jadecargo about one year ago, brought my family to China and we are very happy and well adapted.
In fact there are some Brazilians - may be 4 or 5 guys - looking for another job, but specialy because they left their families in Brasil and they want to stay closer to the kids. Hopefully the new package will bring conditions for these good guys to commute more often so they can stay with us.

What really surprises me is to read so many lies coming from a professional Pilot, or I should say not really a professional one.
Before writing those stupid things about the 2 Pilots from Namibia (not Zimbabue), the writer of that **** should get to know better those excellent guys. He should know that they are extremely honest, and they are helping the company a lot. He should know that they worked hard to start our upgrade program to make our FOs to become CAPTs and coincidentaly or not, the first FO to start the trainning is a brazilian one.
Many good things they have done to the company and to our pilots.

The writer of that ****, who is NOT a brazilian, should use his time off to do something good for our environment. Instead of trying to cause damage to our company he should realize the importance of being honest and saying the truth.

Happy and safe landings for all of you.

ringer
30th Oct 2007, 00:44
guys it sounds like it may become good at jade... i have sent in my resume and applied online. i have not heard back... any advice?

thanks ahead

Aspen20
30th Oct 2007, 05:33
Takes about 4 days to get a reply from HR.

JadeCapt. Bom Dia. you need to relax and get some blood pressure pills. Tudo bem

bluecrane
30th Oct 2007, 17:22
The new CEO of Jade is actually a very experienced guy from Lufthansa Cargo. I know him personally, and he might well be one of the best things that happened to Jade recently.
He cannot walk on water, but he approaches problems in a very structured way and was successful in making the Lufthansa MD11F operation technically sound and punctual.
It remains to be seen wether he will be able to solve the licensing issue with CAAC.
And Shenzhen airline stewardesses, just like pilots, also get to dine on great Chinese food in the management cafeteria. Join the fun every weekday at 12 noon ...;)

wonderbusdriver
30th Oct 2007, 19:34
Have to concur with bluecrane (we most probably know each other) on the new CEO, in that he is most likely a very positive thing for JI flt-ops.I have had to do with him quite a bit the last few years. Even if we often differed on what it takes to keep flight ops smooth - and pilots content/working - I have to say he has displayed a steep learing curve in LH-Cargo and it has been only for the better for all.
Whatever he writes here is genuinely personal. The ad in FI bears his handwriting as well, as is the way the new contract is presented on the JI website. He has a very "tell it in my face" - "no BS" - approach to things, but he is a tough cookie nevertheless. He will not take cr@p from anyone - whatever continent they come from.
As I have become to know him, his greatest personal driving force will be to establish "reliable airline operations" - within whatever limitations he gets from the owners.
If the T&Cs suit you depends on your personal circumstances - guess they could be much better, but also a whole lot worse. The pay-scheme has been on his agenda for quite a while, because he believes it is the going market rate.
Time will tell.
Good luck to the ones going there.
Gruesse (vor allem an Rol. G.)
(p.s.: I have absolutely nothing to gain with these words, as I have gone back to flying slf within DLH.)

Johny Walker
30th Oct 2007, 19:38
whats the deal about the upgrades? How long does it take to get an upgrade?
Any kind of info appreciated.:ok:

lekkeroujan
31st Oct 2007, 07:19
Jackbauer, are you reading this? I rest my case.