PDA

View Full Version : CPL- Private Instructors in NZ

opotiki
13th Oct 2007, 00:41
Can anyone recommend a private instructor in NZ? I am willing to go anywhere in NZ. Preferably B Cat, training must be done in an R22. I would like to 'knock out' 80-90 hours in the shortest amount of time possible.

I am currently training at a busy training school in the SI, but I am getting frustrated about the amount of flying I am able to do.

Venison recovery experience would be an advantage, as this is what I would like to do once I obtain my CPL.

Does anyone know if Bruce Harvey is still instructing?

Any help would be appreciated :)

anglechopper
13th Oct 2007, 06:38
Yes Bruce is still instructing and you will not find a better instructor. He has not advertised for some years as he is kept busy doing all the instructing himself. I am an ex student flying off the same airfield (Taupo)
His contact details are +64 7 3769244 or mobile +64 274 572767. He will get you through very quickly.

opotiki
13th Oct 2007, 07:04
Thats great, thank you.

I will give him a call.

#kiwikid#
14th Oct 2007, 00:37
Pete Law in Stratford/Taranaki also does R22 instructing & is a B-Cat aswell.:ok:
He's got lots of O/S & mountain experince.
Message me back if you want his number.

Hughesy
14th Oct 2007, 06:37
I am not sure how much venison recovery is done nowadays, most likely only the odd bit for DOC, and usually done by specific companys.
I hope you haven't watched "The Last Great Adventure" to often.

Dont forget lot's of guys got killed during those years, and it may not be a very suitable job for a newbie. Just take it easy, keep it in the green.

Good luck though.

opotiki
14th Oct 2007, 20:25
Venison recovery is back into full swing, and the venison prices are slowly going up.

I know it's risky but it's what I've always wanted to do.

skidbiter2
14th Oct 2007, 22:11
Also, check out Mark Law in Ohope, think he still has a R22, great guy, plenty of experience and close to home.
Have a chat to Alex L, he may point you in the right direction.