PDA

View Full Version : The eternal long haul seat selection question.

Slopey
12th Oct 2007, 09:39
Hi All,

I'm doing CDG - SIN at the weekend on Air France (B777 I believe).

Anyone have any opinions on window/isle/center choice for a 12 hour slog in economy (missed out on Business this time round :( )

Not been futher east than Kazakhstan and if the view is good then I'd go left side, window, 3/4 back. But then on a 3-4-3 that's not ideal for leg stretching/bog trips, and I don't tend to sleep.

But don't necessarily want to be on an isle either and not have a window/have to move for people - I always seem to get put next to the resident gobby fellow pax.

Also - I'm going ABZ - CDG - SIN - if I use the online check in, can I get checked right through and get my bags put directly through, and can I book seats on each leg, or do I have to check in individually on the site by flight number??

Cheers,
S.

garthicus
12th Oct 2007, 10:01
http://www.seatguru.com/ perhaps?

Slopey
12th Oct 2007, 10:46
Ah ha! :)

Cheers,
D.

TSR2
12th Oct 2007, 13:04
You may be pleasantly surprised if the aircraft is a B777. Economy seating is 3-3-3.

Dan Air 87
12th Oct 2007, 21:54
I have flown on AF B777's many times and I rate their economy seating, cabin crew and in flight service to be about the best in the business. Sit back and enjoy!

Slopey
22nd Oct 2007, 13:29
Well, back from my trip :)

The AF out to Sing was ok - comfy enough seats, with earplugs and "blindfold" for sleeping which was nice. However, the crappy earphones meant that virtually all of the video/TV content was unlistenable. :( But aside from that, nice meal, sarnies and noodles at the self-serve area.

Due to the French transport strikes, I copped out and went back KLM via Schipol - again a 777.

The KLM flight pipped AF - much better headphones - and all this month free SMS/Email during the flight - excellent. Also, the same self serve options but they came round with them about 3 times, where as AF left you to it - handy if you're stuck next to 2 sleeping folk at a window. And wine/beer availiable throughout the flight from the galley.

So, next time, KLM for me - if not least because arriving into CDG on a Sunday evening and finding the only cafe shut is crap - and the only bar shut an hour later! T2 is terrible! At least Schipol is properly 24/7.

Had 37A on AF on the way out, and coming back, managed to get 31H (i think) right side middle bulkhead/exit seat with KLM.

Cheers,
S