PDA

View Full Version : Need info on ADAC

disctilt
12th Oct 2007, 00:48
Hi guys,

I am currently in training for my FAA flight instructor ticket. I have been asked (as part of the course) to present a short talk on the ADAC in Germany. I have to present this next week to all the top guys at the school (i.e. my future employers - fingers crossed).

The problem I cant find any real information on them in English (except the RTH page here (http://www.rth.info/english/english.php))... I had hoped to include such info as

General Company Background
Number of pilots
Number/type of helis
Rosters & typical hours (yearly) flown
Training/sponsorship etc, how long as SIC before you become PIC type of stuff
Salary (if appropriate to ask)

One of the constraints I have been given is that I have been asked not to contact he company directly - so we don't make a nuisance of ourselves. :ugh:

Can anyone throw me a lifeline or point me in the right direction. I would be extremely grateful.

Quichotte
12th Oct 2007, 06:05
Your post makes no sense to me, sorry. Why do you have to present about the ADAC in the US, knowing nothing about this german and have to be undercover informed by a rumours network? :=

As a short hint, you need a JAA CPL, at least 1500h incl. 500h in HEMS and a passed psycho test (90% fail rate with experienced pilots!) to come in initial talks with the ADAC.

Bravo73
12th Oct 2007, 07:58
Why do you have to present about the ADAC in the US?

Because students at HAI/Bristow Academy have to give a presentation about a topic relating to the helicopter industry. I'm guessing that disctilt has been 'assigned' ADAC.

So with that in mind, he's looking for information about the company, rather than the requirements for joining.

HTH

Spunk
12th Oct 2007, 08:36
Good morning Lads and Gents,

some info can be found here:ADAC (http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft_leistungen/Luftrettung/default.asp?id=3956&location=2%5FMitgliedschaft+%26+Leistungen)

If I find time, I'll try to translate some of the stuff for you (maybe tonight)... have to fly right now.

Quichotte
12th Oct 2007, 09:12
Because students at HAI/Bristow Academy have to give a presentation about a topic relating to the helicopter industry. I'm guessing that disctilt has been 'assigned' ADAC.

Is it a cleverness check by HAI to talk about a public company been asked not to contact the company directly? :confused: May be a new kind of psycho test? Let's see how smart our to be employed is :ok:

Ok, let's help

ADAC German automotive club via subsidaries:

45 helicopters (increasing, some orders on the way) Only BK117/EC 145 and EC 135. Last BO 105s sold.

Round about 140 Pilots

33 HEMS bases, mostly day only (7:00 morning until SS, each 3 pilots) and 4 on a 24h duty (5-8 pilots)

divided in 2 flying helicopter AOC holders "ADAC Luftrettungs GmbH" and "Elbe Helicopter GmbH" and 1 plank ambulance company "Aerodienst Nürnberg"

all kinds of ambulance/rescue missions incl. mountain and (small) see rescue with hoists and shorthaul (fixed line)

own FTO

1 temporary employment agency

1 technical branch "ADAC Luftfahrttechnik"

typical pilot hours a year depending from the base between 120-250h

no sponsorship

very few copilots (needing initially 500h and only on the few BK 117 bases, sometimes double used as hoist operators), trying some years to get the needed 1500h experience to get a PIC chance

all pilots (PIC and Co's) need the psycho test

90% (as usual in germany) ex mil

Bravo73
12th Oct 2007, 09:14
Is it a cleverness check by HAI to talk about a public company been asked not to contact the company directly? :confused: May be a new kind of psycho test?

One of the constraints I have been given is that I have been asked not to contact he company directly - so we don't make a nuisance of ourselves.

blah de blah blah

disctilt
12th Oct 2007, 19:38
Thanks guys,

Really appreciate the info and your time. There is some good stuff here that will definitely help.

Bravo hit my situation right on the head :ok:

Now if I could just get the nervousness thing addressed :\

Thanks again!