PDA

View Full Version : Sim Check Prep- 737

modern monkey
9th Oct 2007, 21:47
Hi all, I need to get some sim preparation on a 737 for an impending sim check, preferably not at an extortionate rate (eg Virtual aviation, 500 quid a flaming hour!)
Any ideas?
Also, is there any real difference between a 737 classic and an NG sim?

Cheers,

monkey.

wingedwilliam
9th Oct 2007, 21:55
Is it with Cityjet or with Aurigny?

Penworth
10th Oct 2007, 10:29
What about Yorkshire Flight Centre (yorkshireflightcentre.co.uk) if you're anywhere near the north of england? They have a 737-200 sim I believe, its about £200-300 for an hour. For the flying you will be doing in a sim check, I don't think it will make much difference whether you are in an NG or classic sim, although having said that, I would go for a classic sim if I were you as it requires a proper scan, and so is better prep for your assessment, whereas on the NG most of the info you need is on one display.

Good luck.

virtualaviation
18th Oct 2007, 11:20
"Hi all, I need to get some sim preparation on a 737 for an impending sim check, preferably not at an extortionate rate (eg Virtual aviation, 500 quid a flaming hour!)"

Err... how much do you think full flight simulators cost to operate??

Our current prices for simulator assessment preparation start at £339.15 plus VAT per hour. That's for a CAA-certified Level-D Airbus or Boeing simulator at LHR/LGW/LTN/MAN. We'll make a simulator booking specially for you, even at very short notice. We'll advise you and help you to prepare for the sim session session - and when you get to the training centre you'll get a pre-flight briefing, a de-briefing, and expert instruction from a pilot who is very familiar with particular airline profile that you'll be flying.

Extortionate? I don't think so.

ford cortina
18th Oct 2007, 16:37
To be honest £400 for a Classic or Ng is not bad. When I paid for my Type any hours over were charged at over £500 Per hour.

FullnFree
18th Oct 2007, 18:55
Ask yourself these questions: how many opportunities are you going to get to do a 'sim check'? How many have you already done? What will the cost be if you don't get the job? If (when) you pass, how many months will it take on your new salary to repay the extra cost of doing the job properly? I could go on, but hopefully you get the message - is this really something you can afford to skimp on ? When I was in your shoes not so very long ago, I reasoned that such opportunities do not come along very often and so to not give myself the very best chance of passing was sheer folly. As it happens, I chose VA and I got the job. Well worth the extra few hundred pounds in my book.

Good Luck

modern monkey
18th Oct 2007, 22:59
ok! so maybe i was a bit hasty to describe Virtual Aviation's rates as "extortionate".

Having recently been in one of the things I can see how they cost so much to run/ hire.

Extortionate or not, 500 quid an hour is a hell of a lot of money to fork out, but as the cliches go what's 500 quid compared to all the money uve spent already, etc etc.

To be honest I cant think of many other things that cost 500 quid an hour.

ford cortina
19th Oct 2007, 08:27
I can think of lots of things that cost £500 or more per hour, however, mrs cortina would kill me if I every sampled the delights of that!!!!!!

IRISHPILOT
21st Oct 2007, 16:59
Probably too far, but the Classic sim in PRG costs 200 Euros / hour with instructor. Less if used without motion. 130 Euro for ATR sim without motion with instructor.
Do a search for the CSA TRTO.
good luck, IP