PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Job

3top
9th Oct 2007, 17:38
Hi all,

I recently saw an ad over at the "other place" from a company called Equis Aviation. Looking for pilots for police work in the Caribic.
St. Ann's? Trinidad, Tobago?
Can't really figure it out, ...yet.
Sent an email, but no response, ...yet.
Supposedly flying S-76 and Twin-Stars...

Anyone any info on this company, job?

Mr. Google is very quiet about this one...

Thanx,

3top
"Mr. Curious" :cool:

murdock
9th Oct 2007, 19:41
If memory serves me correctly Equis Aviation is for SAUTT - Special Anti-Crime Unit of Trinidad & Tobago. I had a friend who worked with them for a while and another friend who was called after applying for the position. 76 and Twin-Stars would be correct. The crime rate is pretty high down that area, so this outfit was setup to try and combat some of all that good stuff. Apparently not a bad outfit, I think you had to sign a 1 or 2 year contract and live within a certain distance of the airport where the helicopters where based at. Money was pretty decent alright, depending on experience. Initially I tihnk most people end up flying the twin stars and if you stick around and gather good time with them you could slowly get some 76 time. But they are firm in the beginning to warn you that it aint a 76 hour building job. They had a lot of applications for the position, and I guess if you didnt hear back, either they got their pilots already, or you just didnt have the experience they were looking for.

3top
9th Oct 2007, 20:01
hey murdock,

thanx for the reply.
The add said they had over 400 applicants, but it sounded they are still looking.....
I'd be fine with the Twin-Squirrel :)

3top,:cool:

3top
9th Oct 2007, 21:37
I see,

thought a couple hundred hours in a B3 would do for a quick twin checkout....

3top:(