PDA

View Full Version : Article: Caribbean Aviation: 'Moving Forward?'

Panama Jack
9th Oct 2007, 16:44
Read Article here:

http://www.aerlines.nl/issue_38/38_Cannegieter_Caribbean_Aviation-Moving_Forward.pdf

Flyair
2nd Nov 2007, 18:32
When you read this "article", there is an impression of a faken stuff somehow. The so called "article" is missing some text betwen pages 1 and 2.

Moreover, there are plenty of factual mistakes, especially when the "author" tries to classify particular islands in groups.In particular, I always thought that Haiti, although independent since 1804, is rather more related to French speaking world than Spanish, while Jamaica is rather British than Spanish. Their respective ties with Spain were cut about 250-300 years ago. Likewise, the "article" puts some islands into French West Indies that either were never French or again, some long time ago, again more like 250 years ago. However, the "author" fails to mention the still very French Martinique and Guadeloupe island.
Strangely, he quotes Sint Eustatius, St Kitts and Tobago as belonging "partly" to French West Indies (what does it means - partly?), while he omits Saint Martin (or Sint Marteen) that indeed is partly French partly Dutch. On final note, Guyana is not an island, and if he speaks about Guyana, why not Surinam or French Guyana that are neighbors...

By the way, I tried to track down the website that the "author" quotes as his source, but it shows up as inexistant page. Also, the mail to contact the "author" seems not to be correct, as the message comes back with mention "no such mail address"...

What do you think is going on here?
Caribbean Flyair

Flyair
18th Nov 2007, 00:02
Booooooooooooooo:*

CURAviation
27th Nov 2007, 21:01
Flyair,

I was searching for Caribbean aviation related websites and came across this link. I am the "author" of the article discussed here. My only comment to you is: What is your problem? The article is about the Caribbean aviation while you for some reason only focus on the geographical part of the island descriptions. The description indeed has a few errors but that is not the main topic. I don't understand why you keep bragging about it like a 3 year old child. The article is about the Caribbean aviation.

Secondly to make things clear, the email link to me is not updated as it still has me old email, so I don't see the emails people send to me from the website.

Then you send another reply to "rate" my article with a comment like "Boooo". Again, what is your problem? Childish comments like a 3 year old kid just don't get anyone's attention.

Try to give some structured educated comments before actually commenting on any article.

Regards

CURAviation

flufdriver
8th Dec 2007, 20:46
Having been in aviation in the Caribbean for over 30 years and over 28 of those with one of the Carriers mentioned in the article, I congratulate you on the article.

It addresses many important points. We cannot stress enough how important it is for individual Island states to get over their "national pride" issues. Unfortunately, among the state owned carriers it is often the political entity that makes final decisions and they are accountable to the voters! the whole issue of airline ownership (and what paint job) then becomes a flag waving emotive issue instead of decisions being driven by business sense.

Small Caribbean carriers continue to do their own thing to their detriment while the large foreign carriers (especially those operating charters) eat their lunch and supper. Precious national resources are diverted to keep unprofitable carrier operating, while important infrastructure and social programs are delayed.

I have campaigned for many years to start thinking in Regional terms to take control of our regions airtransport situation, so far to no avail!

keep on writing

Hopefully you'll have some readers who can see beyond the fill and grasp the main topic!

fluf

Flyair
9th Dec 2007, 21:46
CURAviation

Instead of being defensive and trying to protect your article like a little boy, you should rather take this text and make the necessary correction.

I tried to get in touch with you over the mail, so that my comments would be "off-forum". It's not my fault that you keep you mail dead...:)

Now, if you feel that you demonstrated a truly correct knowledge, you will not improve and go further ahead. Then, continue to accept your mediocre performance.

The one who did not get the point is really you.

And the point is: The article is very valid and worth dissemination, but it needs a bit of deeper research and corrections.

Hope that you got it this time and am looking forward to see it redone soon.

;)