PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question: a310 or ATR-72

vinayak
8th Oct 2007, 15:13
Hello,
what do u think is better?

1.> ATR in deccan/kingfisher with upgrade to a320 after 3 years.
2.> a310 in air india?

I don't see any problem with either one. will be more than happy in both. but folks tell me a310 is a old generation/obsolete technology bla bla bla... making me wonder if its really wise to go in for a310 for air india....

Reedeye
8th Oct 2007, 15:22
stupid question: which one pays better? :}

hpcock
8th Oct 2007, 15:23
IMO - Jet time always wins - especially wide body

Get it in writing that you will be upgraded to 320 in 3 yrs & its worth a shot. Lets see if the assoc. operators have the balls to put it on paper!!

HPC

RnR
8th Oct 2007, 16:06
come on man,

has to be the maharajah... AI

very stable company,
career move,
once an that's it...:hmm:

MAS Guy
8th Oct 2007, 18:49
Dont accept any promises from airlines. I'm sure a lot of expatriated in MAS can testify to that. If in writing then it might be ok. Most of airlines management only know how to "sweet talk" before you sign on with them, but after you sign, they will forget you.

vinayak
8th Oct 2007, 20:02
that is something that am wondering too. pay package wise both are more or less the same. air india gives perks which private carriers don't. so wondering what to do...

Reedeye
8th Oct 2007, 23:08
If you think you need more "stick" time, experience and more takeoff and landings, then the ATR to A320 route would be the best choice. But if not, nothing beats a widebody jet experience. But then again, will going the route of Air Deccan (ATR72 and A320) eventually bring you to KingFisher 380s? If yes, then go for it!

You're in such an enviable position now, having to choose which is which. Anyway you decide, just give it your best. Good luck!