PDA

View Full Version : Current UK Industry

devolved
7th Oct 2007, 05:06
G'Day ladies and gents,

Im aware that this kind of thread is done over and over again, however without high jacking someone else’s thread coupled with the speed at which this industry changes I’m hoping I can pick ya brains for some info?

The low down is, I’m a current flight instructor in New Zealand & looking at doing a JAA frozen ATPL conversion (inc IR). The big question is; is there much work to be had once I’ve done the conversion (looking towards the kerosene kind).

I've got 700TT, 70multi and the right to work in the UK only. Would i have any luck with that?

Cheers

alphaadrian
7th Oct 2007, 11:43
Devolved,

In my experience you might be lucky..you might not. The market certainly is pretty good at the moment and has been for a while. Lots of people getting jobs (although I do believe the SSTR option is flavour of the month at the moment!) Having said that there are lots of people with your experience who havent got jobs. I myself have 1500hr TT/450ME and nothing concrete as yet (but my age may hinder me). You would get a job instructing very easily..even in one of the commercial schools and you maybe be able to squeeze into an air taxi role but no kerosene there im afraid:(. To sum up my opinion would be MAYBE..BUT NOT GUARANTEED. Whatever u decide good luck in the search:ok:

Alpha

devolved
7th Oct 2007, 21:23
Cheers Alpha,

whats the SSTR?

I guess, its one of those situations whereby if ya want it, you'll do what it takes to get it.

redsnail
7th Oct 2007, 21:26
SSTR = self sponsored type rating.

Have you had a look over the Tasman Sea? A lot cheaper and there appears to be a hiring boom going on.