PDA

View Full Version : Turbine astro????

InducedDrag
7th Oct 2007, 01:27
I saw this video in the video gallery and a few things caught my eye...

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Look close at this 44. It is not what it appears to be. it has a different rotor system and different blades. Note the drag links coming from the aft section of the blades.

I think it might even have a turbine??? The air cooling holes are sealed in the back where the fan draws air to cool the engine.

Watch the end when the guy goes to lift off and pulls the collective while the ship is running and nothing happens??? He then adjusts some controls on the other stick.

My head is hurting...... I have no idea

Here is the link

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oq276QUO41Y&mode=related&search=

7th Oct 2007, 03:09
I don't think he'll be going anywhere with the main blade rotation speed as it is.:ugh:
Maybe the sign writing on the helipad (carpark) gives an indication to whats happening. :mad:

toolowtoofast
7th Oct 2007, 03:16
you did read the comments by the video author didn't you?

Drumpump
7th Oct 2007, 06:02
The T/R is not turning

2THEMAX
7th Oct 2007, 08:22
Great Aussie Humour at work. The Helicopter is in a Child Care Centre not far from RAAF Base Williamtown. Centre appears near new and the Chopper must be great fun for the kids. Love the Red and Blue light bar, doubt the blades turn when kids are in it.

Hope this helps.

Max

InducedDrag
7th Oct 2007, 15:36
Thanks guys! You guys were right....It is actually a playhouse that a guy built for his kids! Cool playhouse. Cool Dad..

The blades looking like they were going slow did not jump out at me because often times the shutter speed of cameras gives that effect.

Here is a quote from the guy that posted the video. I missed it the first time.

You take yourself way too seriously my friend..if u knew anything about choppers you would see that this is just a wreck I bought and rebuilt with parts from 5 different choppers..its a cubbyhouse for my kids...fitted with a 5 hp post hole digger engine..sheeesh...My vids..(all 250 of them)...are tongue in cheek..u need to relax mate