PDA

View Full Version : What do the airlines want???

GHB100R
5th Oct 2007, 16:40
Hey,

I've been trying to find out from other pilots about the skills that you are tested on in an airline interview. Things like teamwork i know are tested but does anyone know what else i should scratch up on.

Also, if i'm doing A levels, what should i do to get the best possible chance of getting a job?

If anyone's got any info at all, it would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

GHB100R:hmm:

v6g
5th Oct 2007, 19:04
Visa or Mastercard.

EZYramper
5th Oct 2007, 22:46
Physics and maths and any science are always good for the A-levels. Although I think the grade you get is probably more important then the subject ( to an extent ). So do something that will really interest you and that you can do well at. Don't do all art subjects, one or two should be ok. Avoid subjects like media studies or film studies.

In my opinion it would look better on paper to get say BBB in English lit, psychology and law then it would DDD in physics maths and chemistry.

All the above is just my opinion though.

MrHorgy
6th Oct 2007, 01:13
Listen to EZYRamper.

I made the mistake of choosing subjects based on airline selection and not my ability, and failed miserably. It is MUCH better to have ABB in English, Drama and IT than DDD in Maths Physics and Chemistry. Enjoy your A Levels (to what extent you can) - you'll notice CTC just ask for two passes above C, they don't stipulate a subject.

Horgy

GHB100R
6th Oct 2007, 07:41
Thanks for the comeback guys.

As for a degree, i know its not manditory but what would you suggest. Does the same apply with this as with A-levels?

Best Regards,

GHB100R

;)

redsnail
6th Oct 2007, 10:19
Do a degree in a subject that interests you. That means you'll have more than half a chance in passing it. If you try and figure out what the airlines want, you'll potentially come unstuck.

As you said, it is not mandatory and if you want to be a pilot, I wouldn't bother unless you can afford to fund the degree and flight training.