PDA

View Full Version : Dash-8 Type Rating

AlternativeProcedure
4th Oct 2007, 20:33
Hi Folks,

I need to transfer an ICAO DHC-8 to my UK licence, anyone know a UK DHC-8TRE they can put me in contact with? Thanks for your help.

AP

Mods pls feel free to move this to the appropriate section, if this isnt the place for the thread.

excrab
5th Oct 2007, 13:24
Try getting in touch with FSI at Farnborough, as I believe they have their own TRE, and of course a Q400 sim and access to the 300 sim in Paris if it's a test on a 300 that you want.

AlternativeProcedure
6th Oct 2007, 14:32
excrab,

Thanks for that, I'm actually after the DHC-8-300 sim. I just need the chance to speak to an actual TRE and discuss the finer details of the conversion process that Lassors doesnt quite go into. Thanks

AP

FunFlyin
6th Oct 2007, 17:26
The nearest 300 sim is at Flight safety in Paris

And to my knowledge the only 300 operators left in the UK are Air Southwest

Although maybe some of the FSI guys can still do it and help

AlternativeProcedure
6th Oct 2007, 18:24
cheers FunFlyin,

The fact that the numbers are dwindling in the UK is definitely something to consider, I spoke to someone at FSI in Paris and was quoted 9750 USD for a conversion(groundschool and SIM). By any standards, thats not cheap, considering I already have over 700 hours on the type, I'm just wondering if its all really worth it. Just out of curiousity, what would be the conversion process to the Q400 from the position of someone holding an ICAO type on the 300 series. I know its differences training if I already had my 300 UK licence.

AP

FunFlyin
6th Oct 2007, 21:15
Hmm not too sure

I'm guessing if you are trying to transfer your Icao rating onto the Uk licence that you fancy flying it again back over here.

Have you tried speaking with Air Southwest? They might need pilots and if they are the only operator........seems a good place to try and work :)

wingnut10
7th Oct 2007, 16:36
I fly for a company with DHC8-300 in the UK and we use Augsburg Airways as our training organisation.
http://www.augsburgair.de/training/trainer_e.php
They are a TRTO and approved by the UK CAA. The have a Dash 8-300 FNPT II sim in Augsburg (Germany) and use the full motion sims in Madrid & Oslo. Very helpfully.
Hope this helps.