PDA

View Full Version : Word 2007 Problem

Keef
4th Oct 2007, 19:19
I spent this morning setting up a friend's new home PC.

She works at home quite a lot (saves driving to the office and getting hassled by the traffic wardens), so this computer is busy, and important.

I advised her NOT to get Vista, but to insist on XP Pro - which Dell were happy to do. However, I forgot to say "and Office 2003". So it's come with Office 2007, which is very pretty, but far too "feature rich" for her - although she'd soon learn to cope with that.

However, she uses "AutoText" a lot in drawing up contracts and the like, and as far as she and I can work out, there's no "AutoText" in Word 2007.

We've tried importing the normal.dot from her old machine, but that doesn't do anything. There's a "Help" button which goes to the MS website, but the instructions for enabling AutoText don't match the Word 2007 on her machine, and anyway they don't tell you how to use AutoText once you've done that.

I suggested that she may want to ask Dell to send her a CD of Office 2003, which she's inclined to do. Before we do that...

Does anyone know how to import Word 2000 AutoText settings into Word 2007 and make 'em work?

Keef
4th Oct 2007, 19:25
I found it!

For anyone else with the same problem, look here (http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/ca7d3d97-6970-45c6-9b05-6a64cf1fbe711033.mspx?mfr=true).