PDA

View Full Version : C-17 Blackpool

northernmonkey
4th Oct 2007, 13:56
I've just been wandering around the grounds of castle monkey when a shadow was cast of the west wing, when I looked up it was a C-17 legs down on finals to Blackpool...

Any ideas? my initial thought was a grim one, wondering whether it was bringing back a local soldier in a box, but surely that would have gone to Lyneham?

Thoughts? or do I sound like a bit of a spotter?

FormerFlake
4th Oct 2007, 14:15
Gone to show the Torry conference what they need to buy 10 of when they get back in!!

VinRouge
4th Oct 2007, 14:44
PD Perhaps?

First_In_Last_Out
4th Oct 2007, 15:03
Would definitely have gone to Lyneham if it was a repatriation, must have been a PD

Snakecharmer
4th Oct 2007, 15:51
Any idea what the TriStar was doing parked at Dakar when I arrived there at dark o'clock this morning?! Always good to see some other Brits in this part of the world.. it's usually BMed though!

Echo 5
4th Oct 2007, 17:02
Thoughts? or do I sound like a bit of a spotter?

Saw him myself a couple of weeks ago over M6 Junction 31 then he turned left towards Warton/Blackpool. No idea what he was up to.

northernmonkey
4th Oct 2007, 17:15
I don't think it would be the same one mate, he'd have run out of juice by now :D

Union Jack
4th Oct 2007, 18:08
I don't think it would be the same one mate, he'd have run out of juice by now

So he's got something in common with your girlfriend? Only kidding!:)

Jack

harrogate
4th Oct 2007, 19:12
He had a busy afternoon.

Looks like he did Leuchars, Kinloss, Prestwick, Isle of Man, Blackpool and Donny today. In that order.

This is he at Donny:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/1483492318_016fb9389c.jpg

Aircraft was ZZ171.

wilf_san
7th Oct 2007, 12:27
I spotter this whilst I had the family down at Blackpool for a brief-and-noisey holiday last week...I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me (thousands of Tory MPs swarming all over the Wintergardens, *and* a loose C-17?? I thought it was maybe a mass evac plan to take them all out to Diego Garcia to plan the 'election'....Lady Thatcher could have followed-on as wingman in that Eurocopter air ambulance they had buzzing about the Prom :hmm:)
wilf_san