PDA

View Full Version : Marine Transfers

Bop
4th Oct 2007, 06:26
Hello,

First time posting on pprune. Was lucky enough to thumb a ride on a marine pilot transfer a few months back and it was a true highlight for me. Was wondering if anyone had some photo's they'd be happy enough to post or perhaps direct me to some galleries of helicopter companies around the world who undertake this type of work. Would love to rekindle the experience albeit from a desk this time. Also herd that sometimes marine pilots are winched onto moving ships...now that would be somthing to see.:D

Thx
Bop

ODEN
4th Oct 2007, 11:35
Bop, try this link
www.badguy.se
klick on "Fotogalleri" and then on "Jobb"
there are a few pics

Bop
6th Oct 2007, 08:11
Cheers Oden,
Thanks for the lead.....any other good shots from outfits that do this kind of work? Love to see some more from the winching side of things as well.
Bop.

Bravo73
6th Oct 2007, 08:20
Bop,

It might take you some time (and you'll want a fastish connection), but have a look through this thread:

ROTORHEADS AROUND THE WORLD (incl 'Views from the Cockpit') (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292051)

IIRC, there are some shots of marine transfers in Rotterdam harbour in an AS365. The company was Shreiner (now part of CHC).

HTH

FlyerFoto
6th Oct 2007, 17:08
All right - I won't put in any of my links....!

If you'd like to post some pictures on the forum (without embedded name/copyright notices) you're very welcome. Thousands of professional and amateur photographers have done so.
Heliport