PDA

View Full Version : Cameron's address to the faithful.

Al R
3rd Oct 2007, 14:08
As you might expect, nicely bigging up the troops. :D

"Mr Brown, you have broken the military covenant"

A good delivery so far, and lots of stuff about the military.

Hirsutesme
3rd Oct 2007, 14:11
Most of it total b*ll*cks

Al R
3rd Oct 2007, 14:17
Are you watching or listening to it?

(.. possibly running a little too long and over egging the pud in places mind)

Duncano
3rd Oct 2007, 15:15
Of course its a load of b*ll*cks - he's a politician and his lips were moving. So how do you decide which one to vote for?? :ugh:

SaddamsLoveChild
3rd Oct 2007, 17:26
as my first wife said......'its time for a change and I am getting bored of being F*cked the same way over and over again'.:eek: If we are going to take one in the proverbial lets have a bit of variety.

Apologies for the rudeness but I have had enuff of being used by this Govt when they cant get their foreign policy right, dont have the balls to tell uncle George NO when he jangles the lead, and they use us as a political tool.

plebby 1st tourist
3rd Oct 2007, 18:35
We're all very alert to politicians' word choice these days. He said "more personnel for the ARMY", because obviously the RAF and RN are just fine and there isn't a gaping hole in their manpower/finances.
He also said this would be paid for by axing civil servants in the MoD. I doubt there'll be much quarrel with that on here, but I read it as "no new money for defence". You aren't going to solve the military's problems by sacking a few Sir Humphreys.

Al R
3rd Oct 2007, 19:06
I don't believe him about his drug history, but I thought he spoke this firmly, and with dignity.

"In this world of danger and insecurity, we need to recognise again that the old politics is failing. Yes, we've changed some things since 9/11, but we haven't changed enough. And our prime minister likes to say that nothing in Britain is broken, but I would refer him to a piece of paper which is all about the sacrifices our troops are prepared to make on our behalf - including the ultimate sacrifice - and our duties and obligations to them. It's called the Military Covenant, and Mr Brown, I believe your government has broken it."

plebby 1st tourist
3rd Oct 2007, 19:30
He also commited to sending his kids to state school - gutsy move!

I think whether or not he puffed the magic dragon is the most irrelevant debate ever. I suppose he might have annoyed some of the blue-rinsed Tory faithful if he'd admitted it though.

They've got to be a better bet than Labour, if there's an election! It seems to be gathering momentum, doesn't it?

Al R
3rd Oct 2007, 19:34
I wouldn't mind so much.. if he was honest about it.

BEagle
3rd Oct 2007, 19:58
Please remember the written assurance pledged by David Cameron concerning the Mull of Kintyre Chinook accident:

Dear (BEagle)

Thank you for your further e-mails about the Chinook accident.

You ask whether I would take early action to reinstate the reputations of the pilots if I form the next Government.

As I mentioned in my previous letter to you, I do believe that the reputations of the two pilots deserve to be reinstated, as the Lords Select Committee recommended, and in the absence of any overwhelming argument presented to me as Prime Minister that is what I would do.

Your sincerely,

David Cameron

The time will soon come when he will be asked to honour this promise!

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
4th Oct 2007, 09:51
Should he renege on it, will an appearance by him with "cheeky rose" be requested?

VinRouge
4th Oct 2007, 09:58
Well, as a lifelong Tory, I will be voting Labour next time. Those imbeciles have destroyed this country and its economy and I want them to be in power when it all comes crashing down like a pack of cards. At least that way they wont get voted in for another 30 years!:mad:

Al R
4th Oct 2007, 10:25
Aaah, the slightly longer term view eh? :hmm:

The Helpful Stacker
4th Oct 2007, 10:57
VinRouge - I see you remember how it was all Thatchers fault that years of mis-management by previous Labour governments wrecked the country.

I must say that part of me agrees with your sentiment, keep Labour in power just so they can reap the product of 11 years of spend now worry later government but I don't think I could stand seeing Brown take it as some sort of encouragement to drag this country into a deeper mire.

Al R
4th Oct 2007, 11:09
Not ruddy likely!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n239/thrust_01/bdfab1d5.jpg

8-15fromOdium
4th Oct 2007, 11:13
Remembering the glorious utopia that reigned between 1979 & 1997 and the massive expansion of the defence budget during this time, may I suggest signing the following:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/protestvotes/

Al R
4th Oct 2007, 13:00
Remember the military cuts before then?

There is a great cartoon of Harold Wilson at No10, handing the Bakelite receiver to the Secretary of State for Defence and saying; 'Its the Commandant General. If you want to disband the Royal Marines Dennis, you tell him.'.

lokiukuk
4th Oct 2007, 13:48
Easy. Who wants a scottish blerk running the country? Not me that's for sure!