PDA

View Full Version : SA-330J Stored at Kemble Airfield

jonnyloove
3rd Oct 2007, 13:51
Does anyone have info about 3 strored Puma 330J at Kemble? One is an Ex Indonesian machine and the other two are Former Chilean machines. I saw there pics while I was going throught airliners.net. It says there are in private hands now does anyone know anyhting about them or there fate?:)

chopper2004
3rd Oct 2007, 21:55
They're ex Chilean Army SA330J Pumas, which four or five were acquired by a South African guy called Grant Williams who owns a company called Askari Airparts which is run by a guy called Mike Perle. Grant and Mike own a N reg Jetranger.

The Pumas were shipped to UK, and one that wasnt shipped to UK ended up in Sierra Leone (I have a pic) working for contractors to the government. This was back in 2003.

The Pumas were over here possibly to be refurbished or used as avionics testbeds for SMiths (some rumour in Helicopter International)

I recall back in 2005, late 2005, I know some engineers went up to Liverpool Docks to unload another Puma (Askari related ) that happen to look whiter than white...UN and had GPMG mounts. The police kind of impounded it then once the paperwork was sorted than all was ok.Kind of suspicious.

They may be cannabalised but I recall a picture on Airliners net taken in 2005 at Goodwood airshow, of one of the Pumas on static.

jonnyloove
4th Oct 2007, 06:03
Thanks chopper2004 its all very intresting. It would be cool to see that pic. Cheers again

jonnyloove
9th Sep 2008, 18:11
Does anyone know if these cabs still in storage ?

Regards

Mr Loove