PDA

View Full Version : Srilankan Airlines Next Cadet Intake

ab334
2nd Oct 2007, 07:22
Has The November Intake Been Delayed Since 5 Guys Are Still Undergoing Training.
Any Idea When The Next Intake Is Going To Happen??
Cheers.

kbuddhi
27th Oct 2008, 06:19
is this uditha from perth?

captslk
27th Oct 2008, 06:45
Dear ab334

The intakes will definitely be delayed.

The current BOSS OF FLIGHT OPERATIONS is grounded. As he put an airplane off the runway, damaging the airplane and runway lights.

He has to go through the full cadet pilot training course. Specially maintaing centre line after landing. Like the way he instructs. Until he finshes the redress procedure no intake. Also needs some time to cover up this whole issue and for the man to wangle his way out.:E

Just hang in there.
:sad: :sad: :sad:

flyguy70lk
27th Oct 2008, 16:00
Hey CaptSLK, please do check yr facts before running down anyone. After all, we are professionals here ( or profess to be). I don't need to defend anyone here, do I ? Cheers !:=

captslk
28th Oct 2008, 04:28
Hi flyguy70lk.

This is a fact. Have you heard the hussle and bussle behind the walls of ops. So much covering up is going on. So no time to talk about cadets. Gonna be a delay.
Management priority is to get the man in first, until such others can wait.

Since you mentioned professionals.

Are you aware of the missery this man has given people. Treats others like crap. I have seen it. The way he pulled up a senior capt for carrying extra fuel. Talk about the cost for the company.( Management boys favourit topic) Carrying 1000kg extra or aircraft grounded for over 12hrs with four wheels busted, ferrying another aircraft to bring the pax back. You could do the math. By the way the senior capt was a capt when the subject was a pup. If this happend to you and me brother, will be harrased to the max.

Hopefully this might cut him into shape and make him learn to respect others and seniors. And that these things could happend to even people like him.

srilankanpilot
30th Oct 2008, 14:01
well DP out grew his boots.

i guess he is biting the bullet now. what goes around comes around.

MR was a baffoon this fella is now a bigger baffoon.

if he has an atom of self respect which i doubt very much he should resign, not a patch on his father former commander sri lanka army.

anyway for those juniors when there is no runway centerline lights. always beware that in bad weather a pilot will not be able to distinguish the landing point between the runway lights, as a pilot could land off the centrelights and not realise.

this is why the increase in landing minima when center lights inop, in this case VOMM has no centre lights so he should have been appreciative of this fact, obviously he was not hence he landed on the lights as he was unaware of his position in relation to the centerline.

NEVER FEEL SHY TO DO A GO-AROUND AFTER ALL WE ARE HUMAN. WELL WE ALL CAN SEE WHAT THE INHUMANE TYPES END UP DOING.

Wild_Blue
30th Oct 2008, 14:01
To Captslk.....

You choose to come into an International aviation related forum, remain anonymous and insult a man you know next to nothing about and comment on an incident about which you don't have a clue of! :=

Have your parents not taught you better? What is the picture you give to the world of your national airline? You call yourself a professional? Cowards like you are the reason this airline is on it's knees. You choose to string your colleagues out to dry instead of defending them and expect to show the world you deserve a job here? Whether the intake comes out in November this year or November 2050, you my son, will never join the ranks of this cadre. :mad:

I, forever am thankful now, that I left this hell hole for better pastures, purely out of fright of having to one day be sharing the same flight deck with the likes of you! :uhoh:

I have a kept a very watchful eye on this forum for the past few years and have only decided to start replying to some of the threads recently. Not because I had time to spare but to atleast try and show kids like you that your ways are wrong!

With regards to your comment about the incident in Chennai...... I suppose your superior flying skills in a Cessna could have prevented that A330 from Aqua-planing. Maybe the management SHOULD seriously consider recruiting the likes of you. :} Perhaps the perfect safety record of over 20-odd years of this airline could be made better with insolent, arrogant, good for nothing, immature brats like you in the flight deck.:}

To the rest of you guys planning on applying for the next intake, all the very best of luck and keep up the hard work. :D Hope to see atleast some of you in the skies. Just remember to remain humble and follow the right footsteps. Don't be discouraged by rumblings of disgruntled fools like the 'man' (questionable) in question.

Cheers!

411A
30th Oct 2008, 20:06
What ever happened to Capt Puji J.....he was manager flt ops many years ago, when expats were in the majority in the LHS.

Quite a nice fellow, IMO.

Wild_Blue
31st Oct 2008, 11:05
A Gentleman...... Currently in one of the Indian carriers and doing pretty well.

captslk
1st Nov 2008, 06:59
Dear WILD BLUE.

Thank you very much for your reply.

You and many others with so much experience had to leave because of the miss management by this mafia.:cool:

These boys were above all. The so called top flyers. Disregarded every thing in aviation and most of all humanity. Destroyed careers. Don't have enough space to list. But you have been with UL, and you know. And now I am affraid its pay back time.

Why did our senior pilots leave?. It was definitely not for money. But to stay away from these mafia loonies. It was put on paper by the union sometime back that "AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN". Infact these loonies objected to this, I remember as they new it was going to come true one day. And a very good chance it was going to be one of them.

Senior's with experties gone, juniors and loonies remain, the perfect ingridient for an incident/accident for any airline. The mafia has put UL into this situ.

All MR's currupt decissions and actions the past 11 or 13 years. And here we see the results kicking in. A dropping flag.

I know the members of the mafia read these comments in this forum, and sure hope they will change for the better.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

sharuk khan
3rd Nov 2008, 12:33
You pointed Captslk trait very well....it's the usual tantrum he pulls...he is so good at it anyway....bitterness does these things to people, specially pilots.

It's people like the managementof UL from Airlanka days to now, who have kept the sanity of this airline including it's safety record. If we gave people like CAPTSLK we all know where all of us would have ended up....

Hats off to all the Operations managers former and present. Hats off to Sri lankan airlines....we are proud to be part of it and it's professional pilot fraternity.

Captslk definitely isn't part of that caliber.....:D

thiththaaththa
22nd Nov 2008, 10:38
I think we are getting there. This company is ruined with party politics. Once the fathers faught as generals and now the babies are fighting inside. We are heading no where. Its a place dominated by Padarajah's and baby generals.