PDA

View Full Version : Tyrolean Assesment

el_hispano
1st Oct 2007, 21:44
Hi everybody!

I have been selected for the Tyrolean's assesment program and as far as I know I have to do the an Aeronautic knowledge test. Does some body know what I can expect from them? Is it taken from the famous "volare" ATPL questionare, or it's Tyroleans own test?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards.

dartagnan
2nd Oct 2007, 10:22
it s 100 questions, mainly based on US FAA ATPL for turboprop operation.
it will take 2, 2.5 hours to complete the test.

low hour pilots have tendency to fail it, probably due to their their low experience.Nothing wrong with that...
No tricky questions, many graphics to read.Nothing to interpolate and no time pressure.

Knowing the FAA database is a big advantage.I passed it cuz I know the FAA Gleim book.

regrettably you will have to find 27'000 euro if you pass all stages of their top gun' pilot selection.Don't forget your ray-ban and to put lot of gel in your black hair.
I wish you good luck!

btw, their results are YES/NO on a stupid kiddish red piece of paper they will give you, no need to challenge them by asking them your score , they select who they want in the back of their office, and you may feel hurt.
Same thing for the psy test with Dr. NO (No/Yes),
they use tests of 1980 and it seems to be a old fashion minded company.

pilots who recently passed (1-10%),were type rated on their planes, and failed last year(second attempt for them). So, it proves these psy tests don't prove anything as you can train yourself.

Maybe one of these days they will use the tests from the Scientology.What 's the name of this 2 little metallic cans you have to hold, and they can read your electrical flux on a scale...?

(that was my 500th posts).

LOOKUP
2nd Oct 2007, 11:21
It hurts to say but the Theoretical part is just the first part, have a look around pprune and you'll find all that you need, bare in mind that many people have gone through their selection and most don't make it.

As much as it may sound like something you might expect to hear from someone who has not passed, I gotta tell you that something smells wrong with these guys, I done think anyone can tell what heir really looking for, and I'm not sure it has anything to do with your pilot skills.

Point is that if you don't make it, please, DO NOT feel bad about your self, its one of those times in life you better off to say "its not me, its you". . .

I got a better job a month later, so gods speed.

INSIDEVIEW
2nd Oct 2007, 11:55
All i say

Nice People
Very nice Girls
Very good food

The Rest ..forget it ...and DOC M >>Time for you to retire!!!!

Cheers

I fly now higher and faster then all of these Airliners ...and yes i LUV it ..CHEERS

el_hispano
2nd Oct 2007, 21:57
Hello! Thank you very much for your answers! I have been looking on the net and I have found two books Commercial Pilot FAA Written Exam and Instrumental Pilot FAA written Exam (both publicated by Gleim's). Wich one is the correct?

Cheers!

dartagnan
3rd Oct 2007, 15:02
none, the best is the ATPL book.
I will redo these selections in 1 year for the free hotel.

el_hispano
3rd Oct 2007, 20:55
Thank you Dartagnan!

I have already bought the book.

LOOKUP
3rd Oct 2007, 22:23
My friend

Dont buy the book, you can sign in for the online question website, the one where you get both the JAR and the FAA questions.

The questions are taken from there, its all the same anyway.

Its www.aviationexam.com (http://www.aviationexam.com) and it will cost you a few dollars . . . something you will appritiate in the future after the Mguy :-)

All the best for yu but keep your expectations low.

P.S.
The hotel is NOT for free . . I wonder who else is making money off the amount of pilots coming over for selections, again and again...
Never again!!! :-)

All the best!