PDA

View Full Version : NZ or Canada

bennyjoha
1st Oct 2007, 20:58
I am in doubt whether to go to NZ (Wanaka) or Canada (BCheli) to get my certificate. I am aware that my hours will probably be the most important issue in relation to get a job. However if a future employer would look at where I have been training which school/region would be most favourable to my chances of getting a job?

Whirlygig
1st Oct 2007, 21:04
Depends on where you have a right to work and which licence you are obtaining!

If you have a legal right in work in either country, then go for the one with the better pubs and bars!

Cheers

Whirls

aldee
2nd Oct 2007, 06:44
Dude, if you go to NZ you'll fly with one of the most experienced and respected Robinson heli. instructors in the world at Wanaka (Simon Spencer-Bower) in arguably one of the most scenic and spectacular parts of NZ if not the world.
And as madam whirls has rightly pointed out the need for social requirements;well there are plenty of pubs and bars and mischief to be had here in NZ.

Bottom line is where do the kiwi pilots go after they get their bit of paper ?

Take the short cut and go direct to Canada if Oz is not your scene as there is only so much work to be had in a small country.
Sad but true!

However if the exchange rate works for you, you'll certainly enjoy the hospitality and you can always join the migratory flock later.

Have fun however you do it:ok:

aldee