PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air, Is better than Emirates

Flygulfair
1st Oct 2007, 12:08
Yes my title is wright and it wasnt a typing error :}

Good Points

Well were do I start?
1) The check in was easy, fast and done in 10 minutes, the staff were polite and very easy going!
2) The wait for boarding the plane was only 30 minutes and then we were in!
3) We were served water before we took off and also colouring books for the kids!
4) We took off 15 minutes later.
5) We were in the air and the sky nanny introduced her self!
6) Around 60 minutes later we were given food.
7) We then dosed off, while the sky nanny took care of the kids.
8) We were given breakfast and then a complimentary ice cream 10 minutes after.
9) We landed in Bahrain!
10) We stayed in Bahrain Airport for only 1 hour and I shopped around to get a good deal!
11) We then went on the next flight, it went really smooth!
12) We were given a dinner which was great! Compared to Emirates and other airline (http://www.reviewcentre.com/products251.html)s!
13) We were given more food, I think this was a snack but it looked like a breakfast.
14) The sky nanny gave the kids a free Gulf Air (http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews118404.html) bag and some other freebies.
15) We were given ice cream again!
16) We landed in Islamabad!

All in all it was a great flight.
Bad Points

I didn't see any bad points! It was a cheap great flight!

General Comments

This was our first flight with Gulf Air and we were presently surprised. I didn't expect anything like Emirates' standards, given the exceptionally low price of the fare but to be honest, they weren't a million miles off and probably better value for what you actually pay.

We had seat-back TVs with a reasonable selection of films etc., the plane was clean, we had more legroom than I've ever had in economy on other airlines and all flight attendants seemed polite. The staff were great, they look after me well the also looked after the kids well, the sky nanny was excellent. Presentation wise, the meals were amazing but the food itself was actually GREAT quality and much better than BA on the same route given the low price. Again, judging by the other reviews, it looks like Gulf Air's service isn't as consistently good in economy as other Gulf-based carriers. There seems to be a lot of luck in what aircraft and crew you get. Everything was great on our flights!

The stop over was only 1 hour, If i went VIA emirates i would of had to stay in dubai for 3 hours.

If you like shopping then the airports they stop in are for you! Everything was super cheap! I got the most leg room in economy ever. You must join the frequent flyer as you get 10 kg baggage extra free! I got 600 miles free, just for choosing the statement email option!

The ticket was super cheap; I paid £410 to go on Gulf Air. The airline was all good. We looked at the prices for Emirates: £610 on the same route but a stop in Dubai, I had to stop in Bahrain, which is wonderful, so I thought it is better to go with the cheap one. I am poor as it is.

The airport was clean, cheap and well kept, Duty Free was cheap, Gucci perfume was £20. Surely they got it wrong! So the airports are kept well and the airline is clean and good. I'd certainly fly Gulf Air again, if they competed so well on price.

I recommend you go with them.

Monkeytoo
2nd Oct 2007, 19:22
I have just replied (about Emirates) on another thread - the only warning I would give about Gulf Air is that they are notorious for not making 'on time' departures - if you are flying with them all the way then that shouldn't be a problem - and the price difference is appreciable :D

Flygulfair
2nd Oct 2007, 22:10
Well they have cleaned up there act,been on 2 flight latley, Left on time :D

Monkeytoo
3rd Oct 2007, 06:55
That is good te hear flygulfair :D