PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Booking seats on EK

Egerton Flyer
30th Sep 2007, 19:18
Hi All.
Just a quick question is it possible to pre-book seats on EK over the net?:confused:
We are flying to KL with them in the new year with two elderly parents and it really would help.
Thanks, Gaz.....

682ft AMSL
30th Sep 2007, 20:00
have just booked BHX-DXB and it allowed to select seats on both outbound and inbound legs prior to taking payment. Exit row not available

Flygulfair
1st Oct 2007, 11:51
Booked seats on emirates once, One thing you have to remeber yu dont get you booked seats :confused: Which is s:mad:. There is no point of the seat bookng online. Many other peaple have experianced this to on skytrax. Emirates is s:mad:
And Dont expect the seats to be nice for ederey ppl, :ugh: they have the worst layout in ecomany, And it is so cramped := And the food and service is even worse.

booked them on Gulf air once and the process was falutless :ok:

Emirates is a := for old ppl.

pwalhx
1st Oct 2007, 15:48
I have flown EK several times this year and each time pre booked seats online and had no problem.

Islander Jock
2nd Oct 2007, 12:23
Mrs IJ went PER-LHR / LGW-PER via DXB and got all the seats booked online so I guess it does work.

Flygulfair, being 195cm tall I agree with your comments about being cramped in cattle class. Especially on those damn Airbuses. Don't know it the B777 was any different in seat pitch or whether it was just a perception but it certainly seemed a little better.

Certainly can't agree with your comment about food or service which I found over 2 years of flying back and forth between PER - DXB to be pretty good.

Flygulfair
2nd Oct 2007, 15:04
Yes them seats are a horrid. Only if emirates would relax on the Seats, and stop utting them in that order! I think all there arcraft have the same layout :ugh: so no diffrence in cattle class.
Well i am very fussy with food :} and only find 1 in 100 meals nice :ooh:

Fly gulf air (thats my name :})

Monkeytoo
2nd Oct 2007, 19:18
I also have had enough of Emirates :( Been a very frequent flyer on them for the past 5 years and the time has now come for us to sever our relationship with them and sort out another carrier..............they don't care because they have good loadings but personally I think they should be worrying abut their repeat business. Their service has been steadily declining, since we first started using them, whilst their prices have kept getting higher. Has anyone ever been able to find the email address to send a complaint to on their webpage??? There are much better Middle Eastern carriers out there :)

TSR2
2nd Oct 2007, 23:33
Emirates B777 economy seating is 3-4-3. All other carriers seem to be 3-3-3 and the difference is noticable.