View Full Version : KLM, Lufthansa...Fly Academy

Markos.
30th Sep 2007, 17:49
Hello to the forum,

My name is Marcos, I'm spanish but I've been living in the States.
After a lot of research I'm finally with Orlando Flight Training to obtain the JAA licenses and frozen ATPL but before confirming with the school I want to get some information about KLM, Lufthansa, SAS flight academy... I mean fly academies of big airlines, I thought that it was only possible to study in one of those academies if you passed a test, interview or sponsorship selection but I've recently seen that it's possible to study in one of those paying your own and that's what I want to do.

Do you have any opiniones about what should I do? Is what I'm talking about possible? Is OFT a god school?

Thank you very much,
Marcos

Edinburgh
30th Sep 2007, 18:24
Hmmm. OK then..

Well the Internet is quite a usefull tool in your situation. Actually I am sure you can find most of the information you need with a few searches on google.

Here is a link to KLM Flight Academy. Just hope you speak Dutch, since that is a requirement to attend and work for them.

http://www.pilootworden.nl/index2.html

If you want to work for SAS then you need to speak one of the Scandinavian languages, such as Danish, Norwegian or Swedish.

This forum is usually quite rough on people who are not doing their homework before asking questions. So some friendly advise is to use google and the search function of PPRUNE. Otherwise people will start to ignore your requests.

All the best with your flying experience.

Stay cool, Don't freeze:cool:

homerg88
30th Sep 2007, 23:17
I think SAS gives you language lessons if you get accepted.

Markos.
1st Oct 2007, 19:55
Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies, much appreciated!

Has anybody else an opinion about Lufthansa or Orlando Flight Training?

Best Regards

Surferboy
2nd Oct 2007, 12:09
For LFT (Lufthansa Flight Training) you have to speak fluent German.....