PDA

View Full Version : Hiring requiements South American Airlines

jkieczka
28th Sep 2007, 01:12
Hi,

does anyone know if LAN, Aerolineas Argentinas or TACA hires expat pilots and what are their minimum requirements?

Thanks!

BelArgUSA
28th Sep 2007, 21:45
Hola Che -
xxx
At present time Aerolineas still hiring pilots ex-Southern Winds and ex-LAPA...
Argentina nationality preferred, Mercosur nationality acceptable...
737 or MD-80 type rating preferred, or other jet experience.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

jkieczka
29th Sep 2007, 06:05
Hi BelArgUSA

Thanks for the info. I am german- bolivian and fly for AeroSur on the B737-200Adv.

Any idea on how the career profresses at Aerolineas? Guess an applicant would start in B737-200 fleet and then upgrade to newer equipment....is that right?

How about the salaries? Are they good?

So AR accepts mercosur nationals? How are the visas and work permits arranged?

Thanks again!

Glonass
29th Sep 2007, 17:39
LAN does hire expats from time to time, at least in Chile they do. You will need to be fluent in Spanish, which I assume you are, being in Bolivia. All the other, requirements, are subject to confirmation according to the need of the moment. You should hold a Chilean CPL and lot of flying time, ideally multi-crew jet time, is obviously a +.
You should send your resume, in Spanish, with an attached picture, ideally of yourself, to:
Sandra Carrasco
Base Mantenimiento LAN Chile, piso 4
Aeropuerto Arturo Merino Benítez
Santiago
Chile
I guess if handed personally, it could be a plus and thus you make sure it gets where it should.
Regards,

md-100
1st Oct 2007, 00:56
ok, this is fresh from today..

Oferta de trabajo para: Pilotos

Continuando con su plan de negocios, Aerolineas Argentinas seleccionarán Pilotos. Requisitos excluyentes:
Poseer licencias: Piloto Comercial primera Clase, sin restricciones. Radio Operador. Psicofisiológica, sin limitaciones. Estudios Secundarios Completos. Nacionalidad argentina. Idioma Inglés fluido. No superar los 45 años de edad al 31/12/07.

Requisitos que deben cumplir los postulantes:
Educación: Secundario, Graduado
Idioma: Inglés

varigflier
3rd Oct 2007, 02:47
TAM and Gol airlines in Brasil are hiring also. I belive 500 tt is what they are asking for.

jkieczka
4th Oct 2007, 06:19
Hi,

thanks for the info on brasilina airlines. Could you please be more specific? Do they also take foreign pilots? Even without a type rating?

Any more info on this is appreciated.

jkieczka
4th Oct 2007, 06:27
Any body knows if LIAT from Antigua (flying Dash 8 aircraft) takes foreign pilots with or without experience? What about the type rating? Pay?

rmimbe
11th Oct 2007, 17:01
Does this apply as well for Lan Cargo division? Do you know anything about starting salaries? Bases? I am peruvian-american. and hold an FAA ATP do I still need to apply through Chile?.
Best regards.:cool:

varigflier
18th Oct 2007, 23:23
We have a canadian, american and several people from other south american countries flying here so I believe foreigners are allowed to fly here. We sure need pilots down here as the shortage is already showing it's signs.

A Yak From Yemen
19th Oct 2007, 12:07
Hay varigflier Ben Cousins has left West Coast Eagles:{:{:{:{

pithblot
22nd Oct 2007, 14:27
Yak, Varigflier,

SUCHISLIFE

:}

mushr00m
1st Nov 2007, 00:29
Can anybody confirm if AR or Lan Argentina are still hiring?
What kind of experience do they want? Hours/education?
How does the pay-rate compare to North American F/O's?
How long are the upgrades? Is the groundschool and training
conducted in Spanish/English? How fluent do they need their
Spanish(grade level)?

PM me if you don't want to post any info to the public.

Very interested ARG/CAN expat living in Canada,

mushr00m.

P.S. Thanks for any info.

FlyingOW
1st Nov 2007, 02:16
Rmimbe,

Hi, if you are peruvian-american why not apply to LANPERU? We are in need of piltos due to 9 FOs resigning this month. We operate A319s and B763ER and currently recruiting on both, although no DEC on the 767 for the mo. No jet time required for the A319, just pass the Psycho eval (hardest part), ATP and IR style written, interview and english test which should be easy given your background. License conversion locally also easy though time consuming (peruvian burocracy at its best) but they wont give you an ATP unless the company intends on hiring you as a Captain. Good to place to start to build a career and get a decent type,.

Best of luck,

OW

Panama Jack
1st Nov 2007, 06:33
Good to place to start to build a career and get a decent type.

Pretty sad summary of the state of affairs of the major airline industry in Latin America. Is this a sustainable model for a healthy industry, or will the future of Latin American airlines be one of a training ground for pilots to airlines in the Middle East, the Far East and elsewhere?

Saturn
2nd Nov 2007, 08:31
Why don't these companies advertise? If they need crews there are some that will go. Variglog, Lan, Ocean etc... You would never know in cyberspace they need crews.

varigflier
2nd Nov 2007, 13:33
Brazil is a training ground for pilots going abroad and that is if they can go abroad because people who speak fluent english are leaving this hell hole pretty fast and the people who stay are people who can't make it in the international world. All I can say from being here for the past 2 years is that it sucks big time and it's not worth the hassle. My main goal now is to get out of here ASAP. I've had it. I should've listened to my dad, but then again, when do we humans listen to advice?????

happy flying to all,
Varig

rmimbe
2nd Nov 2007, 21:26
The reason I would like to be hired by Lan Cargo is because they have bases in USA as I've heard. Added to the fact that I have a commitment with the company I work at the present time and it goes for a few more month but I am preparing my ground for getting out of here. I know is hard but I am just giving the try of fishing for an airline that will allow me to fly to my country but still live here. Any way, by any chance do you know if the 767 have bases in USA? and how senior those are?

Regards rmimbe.:cool:

varigflier
3rd Nov 2007, 14:12
There is a law that says you must be born in Brazil or a naturalized citizen of Brazil to fly here but in my company there are Canadians, Americans and a few other South American nationalities so apparently this law is not followed like many other laws down here. All of the companies here seem to be hiring, even at the regional level, so if it can be done, now's the time.

FCKNG AIRTAXIMAN
3rd Nov 2007, 20:02
I'm trying to get my
But I didn't send any cv yet becouse of that, Do you think is possible to get a Job in an Airline before that?:confused:.
Could say in wich company are you working for? or if they are hiring pilots.
obrigado

varigflier
3rd Nov 2007, 20:50
They are all hiring now. Send your CV online or have someone walk it in and most likely they'll call you. I met a few people doing interviews this past week so now's the time to get in but a word of caution. If you are moving here because of your wife and kid, that's ok but if you just want to fly here and you are coming from a first world country, you will be very disappointed. Lots of people are leaving because the place sucks. It's a mess flying here and you get treated like crap. If you are employed, I'll happily switch with you. Frankly speaking, I don't know how I lasted 2 years and my main goal now is to get out of here before the end of the year.
Anyways, if you have any more questions, let me know......

VF

FlyingOW
3rd Nov 2007, 22:45
Rmimbe,

Try Florida West, based out of Miami, they operate 767,owned partially by "el Holding LAN", like many other crago companies around the region (MAS Air, ABSA, etc). Best of luck.

Panama Jack,

A very sad state of affairs indeed, although I was really making the comment with reference to our colleague. A year or 2 down south might be worth his while and thus make him more attractive to the majors back home, if that is his goal, which apparently its not.
Ohh and before you think I came here for the type etc, I am peruvian though had lived/trained overseas for a large part of my life. I wish I could say that I could build a career here, but I dont see that happening. I guess its only natural to want the best for oneself and ones family. And for the time being those packages abroad are looking pretty attractive. I believe those who can, will and do leave. Only time will tell exactly how many but as of a few days ago the count was at 30 plus.

Happy landings,

OW

mushr00m
4th Nov 2007, 00:01
How is the situation in Argentina? It sounds like Brazil is somewhat..ahh.."difficult". How is the state of aviation in Arg?
Is it also "difficult?" or slightly better? What are Min. requirements like?
Starting salaries? Bases? I was born there but grew up and work in Canada.
Do they hire expats or only citizens of ARG?

Thanks guys/gals for any info.
PM me if you like,

Mushr00m