PDA

View Full Version : The L-1011 today

MKA742
27th Sep 2007, 07:23
I'm a huge fan of the L-1011.
Is there any way of knowing where the portugese + globe jet aircraft are flying to and/or who they have contracts with at the moment?
Also any other L-1011 that is flying around (sky gate, air charter express, etc..) is interesting ofcaurse.
Im guessing they will start to have a lot of work now with the HAJJ season, would love to catch one in Europe somewhere!!!

Any info is greatly appreciated!

BYALPHAINDIA
28th Sep 2007, 00:59
Sadly very rare these days - anywhere!:sad:

CS TEB the Euro Atlantic is due to/ Or has being retired in Lisbon?

ATA have 1 left, I think on Trooping flights into Hungary?:D

There are a handful 'floating' around, But the last time I saw an L1011 was in 2005 - CS TEB @ MAN.

Z Air had a nice ex - Caledonian L1011 in the old Cal Colours a few years ago.:cool:

I should think you could see an L1011 at Ostend more than likely?

Regards.:ok:

OldCessna
28th Sep 2007, 01:07
Suggest you take a peek in the Freight Dogs forum.

Look at new freight operator in Cyprus!

Lots of L1011 activity, comments, vids & pictures from a lot of L1011 experts & the like!

mutt
28th Sep 2007, 03:09
Sadly very rare these days - anywhere!

Rare, are they? Come visit us in about 6 weeks as this place becomes the L1011 mecca of the world :)

Mutt

Wycombe
28th Sep 2007, 08:39
There is still a certain rural location to the west of Oxford, UK where the L1011 can be seen sitting on the ground and sometimes flying, and will be for quite a few years yet :ok:

MKA742
28th Sep 2007, 08:53
'1011 mekka of the world', and where would that be? :O

MKA742
28th Sep 2007, 09:02
Well the last Tristar in Ostend was a really sad story, it basically flew from the desert to Ostend, and then back a few years later (sometimes on 1 engine :D). Since then only 1 L-1011 came to Ostend, EX-044. I'm hoping to see it again this Hajj season.
Btw, can anywone tell me when the Hajj season starts and ends? And wht is the closest airport to Mekka/Medina?

And referring to my original post, I know what aircraft are operational as there are good sites for that like aerotransport.org. There are quite a few Tristars in service actually, not counting the UK AF, and the number is growing. :}:ok:
What I really want to know is their flying activities, contracts with whom, the period of the lease, the destinations etc... I was hoping to find some kind of international 1011 spotters group. :8

mutt
28th Sep 2007, 11:04
Guess you just worked it out...

And wht is the closest airport to Mekka/Medina?

Jeddah :):) or Madinah.

BTW, plane spotting isnt allowed, dont try it as you could find yourself in jail or shot!

Mutt

MKA742
28th Sep 2007, 13:16
Lol thx for the tip but I wasn't planning on spotting over there but on locations in Europe where they come to pick up the muslim's :p
And ofcaurse on regular locations like this summer with OD-MIR @ EPWA. I'dd like to know stuff like that before it happens :p

The AvgasDinosaur
28th Sep 2007, 22:00
Best place to look in Europe is Lisbon, a few based there. Or Poland where Globejet from Jordan do regular flights.
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David

av8boy
28th Sep 2007, 22:27
ATA have 1 left, I think on Trooping flights into Hungary?:D
And beyond. Both ways.

BYALPHAINDIA
28th Sep 2007, 23:51
Mutt Is ME now a 'Tristar' Recycling plant??:rolleyes:

mutt
29th Sep 2007, 05:38
Every year around this time you will hear of new start-up airlines obtaining the cheapest heaps of junk available, they will get these into flying condition and then chase Hajj contracts. Then the fun begins, if the aircraft keeps flying they may make enough money to survive the 3 month period and pay their crews, if not, then the crews will get dumped somewhere.

History repeats itself every year, L1011's, B747 Classics, DC10s and some Russian aircraft are usually used.

So yep, i would say that the ME is the L1011 recycling plant :)

Mutt

The AvgasDinosaur
29th Sep 2007, 11:07
Quote from MKA742
What I really want to know is their flying activities, contracts with whom, the period of the lease, the destinations etc... I was hoping to find some kind of international 1011 spotters group.
As far as I can work out currently active and flying
are TT-DWE c/n 1093 TT-DAE c/n 1101 from Tchad to wherever they can find loads.
9G-BSM c/n 1221 possibly for this years Hadj flights is in passenger configuration.
LUZAIR CS-TMX c/n 1206 CS-TMP c/n 1248 CS-TEB c/n 1240 all operational from Lisbon but also sub chartering for European Holiday Flight companies (Flyjet and Monarch recently) Plus CS-TMR was stored Amsterdam for 3 years is now on deep maintenance at Victorville for return to service c/n 1241.
GLOBEJET OD-MIR c/n 1246 OD-JOE c/n 1243 and OD-ZEE c/n 1239. Doing a lot of flights Gerona and Faro from Warsaw plus OD-HEO c/n 1103 stored.
LINEJET new operator just ferried N194AT c/n 1230 from Miami to Amman via Lisbon for Hadj operations.
ATA Airlines are still flying at least one of theirs N162AT c/n 1220 it flew as AMTRAN8900 across the pond on a reach flight Gander-Budapest
Plus the grandest :ok::D news of all PH-RST is reserved for c/n 1189 for World International Airways. Further news on this would be much appreciated.
Have a look on here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OldJets/?yguid=106321067
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283504
http://www.l1011.de/
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David

MKA742
29th Sep 2007, 12:36
Yes that helps! That's the spirit hehe :D

Few remarks though.
I understand ATA still flies 161 through 164AT (-500 variants).
Are the globejet chrters in Poland still going on?
Can someone give me the reach flights' routings? I know they pass through Budapest but where do they come from and go to?
What location is 'ME'? Manchester?
You said N194AT is from Linejet? Isn't it Bourtequilah Air?
I read the thread on the Cyprus outfit thing trying to get more on PH-RST, but I still can't make up if they are going to go through with it. Where will it fly from (AMS?) and for what, only Hadj or also charters like Luzair?

Thx for replies!

The AvgasDinosaur
29th Sep 2007, 13:32
Quotes from MKA742
What location is 'ME'? Manchester? No I think he means Middle East. Manchester is MAN or EGCC.
You said N194AT is from Linejet? Isn't it Bourtequilah Air?As I understand it ( and I may be wrong:eek:) Bourtequilah Air is the Cargo airline planning to start up in Cyprus.
I know they pass through Budapest but where do they come from and go to? They originate in the USA after Budapest they go to Afghanistan They can come from anywhere in America The last one Amtran 8900 started in Biloxi - Gander- Budapest but the start point can vary. I dont think the Americans are too keen on publishing timetables for these flights.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AMT8900
trying to get more on PH-RST, but I still can't make up if they are going to go through with it. Where will it fly from (AMS?) and for what, only Hadj or also charters like Luzair? I haven't got a clue. It is only a reservation at the moment and to the best of my knowledge they have not publicised their plans yet. The only World International Airways I can find on the net is a german airline sim http://fokker.airlinesim.4players.de/action/info/enterprise?id=139 :mad::ugh:
So we will have to be patient on this one.

You can try putting Lisbon (LIS/LPPT ) or Warsaw (WAW/EPWA )in here -: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Home/home.do

Quote from mutt
Jeddah or Madinah.
Try JED or MED or where ever else you want to look at in there too.
For other airport codes try here -:
http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/aptcodesearch.asp
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David

Need to Know Basis
1st Oct 2007, 08:29
Av Gas - your info is fairly up to date. PH-RST is under Interstate`s AOC. The acft should be delivered fairly soon. I understand 2 more will join but I have no idea where from but assume from Amman. Rumour also an additional L1011 Freighter may join next year. The passenger L1011 are planned for a route USA - Europe - India v.v

Thats all I know.

The AvgasDinosaur
1st Oct 2007, 09:09
Quote from Need To Know Basis
Av Gas - your info is fairly up to date.
Why thank you kind sir, :O
It would be good to know which airframes are currently at Amman or Ras al Khaymah. I understand plans are still in hand to repair c/n 1138 N306GB at Miami. That is a full STC freighter conversion and therefore quite a valuable airframe. After N194ATs escape I think the plan is to fly a suitable non F frame down from the desert to supply parts.
It would be good to know which desert aircraft are potentially airworthy and which are not.
Be lucky
David

The AvgasDinosaur
1st Oct 2007, 09:19
Quote from Need to Know Basis
PH-RST is under Interstate`s AOC. The acft should be delivered fairly soon. Do you have a web site for Interstate. I've tried Google without obvious sucess.
http://www.eucomairlines.de/prodlist/n753da_1.jpg
From http://www.l1011.de/
Getting nearer.
Be lucky
David

Need to Know Basis
1st Oct 2007, 09:26
Try www.interstateairlines.com (http://www.interstateairlines.com) its all there. Also 10 mins after entering the 1st thread......I opened Flight International issue 2nd-8th Oct....page 65 with the entire page taken by Interstate Looking for cockpit / engineers / cabin crew for the L1011 and also ATR......ATR they have operated for sometime.

The Freighter I understand is some way off.

NABLAG
2nd Oct 2007, 12:21
The ATA L1011's pass through Shannon on a regular basis. Very hard to plan for, but you could get a cheap RYR flight from the UK and take your chances for a few days.

The AvgasDinosaur
3rd Oct 2007, 12:14
ATA Airlines are still flying at least one of theirs N162AT c/n 1220 it flew as AMTRAN8900 across the pond on a reach flight Gander-Budapest

They appear to have 4 still in service
N161AT c/n 1219
N162AT c/n 1220
N163AT c/n 1229
N164AT c/n 1238
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David

411A
3rd Oct 2007, 21:54
If all goes according to plan, look for scheduled L1011 passenger service into Europe, in the not very distant future.

Funding approved, aircraft being inspected now...

The AvgasDinosaur
4th Oct 2007, 15:16
Quote from flightwatch on another threadFor those of you interested who have mailed me, as of 5am this morning N194AT was still sitting on the north pax apron miles from the hangers with no signs of activity. On the Joramco apron were the old Skygate machine and a pristine white -500 with no registration visible and there were the two scrappers in the dump, a Rich International aircraft and a white -500 with blue tail - this still has the wing engines on it.

The white one is almost certainly N753DA c/n 1189 (PH-RST to be)
http://www.eucomairlines.de/prodlist/n753da_1.jpg
The old Skygate machine is probably JY-SGI c/n 1234
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=276661
Any serious offers on the others?
Many many thanks to flightwatch for finding time to include us in his busy schedule, much appreciated sir.
Be lucky
David

BYALPHAINDIA
6th Oct 2007, 21:42
Cheers Avgas Dinosaur, You have done alot of research on the L1011.:D

The AvgasDinosaur
8th Oct 2007, 15:51
Quote by BYALPHAINDIA
Cheers Avgas Dinosaur, You have done alot of research on the L1011.
One does what one can.:O
Be lucky
David

OldCessna
8th Oct 2007, 19:23
Best place to look in Europe is Lisbon, a few based there. Or Poland where Globejet from Jordan do regular flights.
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David

Hey Avgas
I just heard Globejet has gone or is about to go "Belly Up"
One L1011 seized in Bolivia (Santa Cruz) owes $4m and 2 others grounded with AOC pulled and a 4th stuck in Amman.

Heard anything?

The AvgasDinosaur
8th Oct 2007, 19:28
Quote from OldCessna
Hey Avgas
I just heard Globejet has gone or is about to go "Belly Up"
One L1011 seized in Bolivia (Santa Cruz) owes $4m and 2 others grounded with AOC pulled and a 4th stuck in Amman.
Heard anything?
I haven't heard anything. Be sad if true. They have been very busy this year. OD-MIR was almost Warsaw based through June and July and very busy too.
Be lucky
David

OldCessna
9th Oct 2007, 12:00
411A
Its good to hear things are moving but do I understand that you havn't found an aircraft yet ??

Looking for an L1011 EU (and FAA !) compliant aircraft must be tough
Aircraft that have the Reinforced cockpit door, the TCAS mode 7, the EGPWS, the Enhanced mode S, the 406 ELTs
AD2002-21-01 terminated never mind the engines axial motion, IP5 and HPC3 are pretty thin on the ground.
( and not many in the air either !)

CS-TMX
9th Oct 2007, 15:11
Does anyone confirm OD-ZEE is seized at Viru Viru?:uhoh::sad:

OldCessna
9th Oct 2007, 18:55
Try this from a travel blog!

I dont think it will move anytime soon as the $4m owed is probably more than the aircraft is worth.

Bolivia isn't exactly a capitalist society these days!

Impounded OD-ZEE
Lockheed L-1011 TriStar 500
GlobeJet
Stored Santa Cruz - Viru Viru

http://www.travelblog.org/South-America/Bolivia/blog-204071.html

CS-TMX
9th Oct 2007, 19:21
Thanks for the info OldCessna:ok: It's a pitty since it was the first TAP L-1011:{

I remember to have flown it as a passenger.

The AvgasDinosaur
9th Oct 2007, 19:57
Quote from Flightwatch on another thread.
........a Rich International aircraft and a white -500 with blue tail - this still has the wing engines on it..............
Still no clues on the -500 but the ex Rich International one is N300AW c/n 1134 being used for spares recovery.
Still trying to confirm the Skygate one.
Your help and suggestions much appreciated.
Be lucky
David

The AvgasDinosaur
9th Oct 2007, 21:34
Quote from OldCessna
Looking for an L1011 EU (and FAA !) compliant aircraft must be tough
Aircraft that have the Reinforced cockpit door, the TCAS mode 7, the EGPWS, the Enhanced mode S, the 406 ELTs
AD2002-21-01 terminated never mind the engines axial motion, IP5 and HPC3 are pretty thin on the ground.
( and not many in the air either !)
I know it would cost ( but how much ?) but wouldn't Joramco be able to bring an aircraft up to spec? Legally I mean !
Be lucky
David
P.S. Is a reinforced cockpit door on a dedicated freighter aircraft mandatory?
Please Note the query about costs is serious.

411A
10th Oct 2007, 01:29
Specific aircraft already selected, Old Cessna, and as it's an ex-DAL airplane, it already has the reinforced FD door, spar mod, proper TCAS, RVSM, ELT, 8.33 radios.
The outstanding AD's will be addressed after the Hajj, but we have already received an exemption for the axial motion AD as the kit has been ordered from RR.
Quite a nice airplane actually, and it should be added to our AOC by next week.

chornedsnorkack
10th Oct 2007, 12:36
I dont think it will move anytime soon as the $4m owed is probably more than the aircraft is worth.

How long is the aircraft stored before the debtor loses it for good and it is sold for whatever anyone will offer for it?

Taildragger67
10th Oct 2007, 14:42
I seem to recall seeing something resembling a -500 parked off in the distance past the domestic terminal at THR (Mehrabad) early last month. 'twas about 03.00, though, so no idea about markings or rego.

OldCessna
10th Oct 2007, 19:38
Good for you 411!

Is it a -250 or -500?

I see the regular crew are all at AMM awaiting Haaj contracts!

411A
11th Oct 2007, 02:00
Two 1011's are parked at THR, a -100 and a -250, both owned by Air Universal.
One (the -250) is Iranian registered....at the moment.

411A
11th Oct 2007, 02:02
Is it a -250 or -500?

I see the regular crew are all at AMM awaiting Haaj contracts!

A -1 actually, with increased gross weight.

Yes, they're all there, some however have gone on to flying other types.

The AvgasDinosaur
11th Oct 2007, 10:49
The Air Universal at Tehran should be
9L-LDC c/n 1231 with -22 engines
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1040254/L/
and EP-LDE c/n 1244 the former 9L-LDE with -524 engines
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0650567/L/
Sorry cant trace a photo as EP-LDE
Hope it helps
David

GotTheTshirt
12th Oct 2007, 05:43
My source in Amman says that N194AT has moved from QAIA:confused:
The Skygate -250 aircraft there is JY-SGI s/n 1234
The Globe jet 500 is OD-CVD ( But no trace of it on the Lebanese Register web site!) It is Ex Air Transat either s/n 1236 or 1242
:)
411A
It would be interesting to know where you have found an EMRO to do the axial mod on the 22B:} Dont think any have been done yet.
But then after the Haj maybe you are not worried !!;)

411A
12th Oct 2007, 11:44
It would be interesting to know where you have found an EMRO to do the axial mod on the 22B Dont think any have been done yet.
But then after the Haj maybe you are not worried !!
Quite the contrary, after the Hajj, it is important, as the aeroplane will be used in scheduled service, the only one worldwide, so I believe.
The TriStar was chosen because of several factors...low cost of acquisition, large cabin volume (especially business class) and belly cargo volume.
If the project proves successful (and as it's being headed by the original ex-Laker number two, I would fully expect that it will be) a newer aircraft will be substituted at some point...maybe.:}

The AvgasDinosaur
12th Oct 2007, 13:44
Has anyone considered operating the -200F STC conversions in a combi fit? Pallets at the front SLF in the rear.
Just curious.
Be lucky
David

The AvgasDinosaur
12th Oct 2007, 14:27
Quote from GotTheTShirt
The Globe jet 500 is OD-CVD ( But no trace of it on the Lebanese Register web site!) It is Ex Air Transat either s/n 1236 or 1242
c/n 1236 would be ex SX-CVD previously stored at Abu Dhabi (?) or
c/n 1242 would be ex YK-DLC previously stored at Al-Fujairah.
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David
Ahhhh 124.2 Preston Radar. Half a life time ago perhaps :ok:

GotTheTshirt
13th Oct 2007, 05:50
Avgas

Marshall's looked at combi when they were doing the Kallita/Arrow conversions.

The current FAA and EU regulations for mixing pax and freight make it non economic.
Just one requirement ( of many:}) is that you have to have all round acecss to each pallet for fire fighting so that dramically reduces the payload. :*

GotTheTshirt
13th Oct 2007, 05:52
411A
Sounds as though you are serious!
Will the schedules be in EU ?
Where did you say you were getting the axial motion AD accomplished on the 22B ?

mutt
13th Oct 2007, 07:40
Every year around this time you will hear of new start-up airlines obtaining the cheapest heaps of junk available, they will get these into flying condition and then chase Hajj contracts. Then the fun begins, if the aircraft keeps flying they may make enough money to survive the 3 month period and pay their crews, if not, then the crews will get dumped somewhere.
I posted this on page 1.... Judging by the comments posted by 2bad2bsad... it looks like it has happened again..../

I hope that the delivery crew of N194AT got paid before departure :)

Mutt

OldCessna
13th Oct 2007, 17:35
I believe "Earl" was one of the crew! Hopefully he got some payment!
The owner of the aircraft is "MUH" (m.mughrabi)(see my post on Freight Dogs)

This isn't the first time this guy has pulled this!

He made one post to which I sent below message then he disappeared!

Hi Muh (m.mughrabi)
Aren't you the new operator of the L1011 just ferried?
Didn't you used to fly with Star Air?

The AvgasDinosaur
17th Oct 2007, 11:15
As far as I can work out currently active and flying
are TT-DWE c/n 1093 TT-DAE c/n 1101 from Tchad to wherever they can
find loads.
9G-BSM c/n 1221 possibly for this years Hadj flights is in passenger
configuration.
LUZAIR CS-TMX c/n 1206 CS-TMP c/n 1248 CS-TEB c/n 1240 all operational
from Lisbon but also sub chartering for European Holiday Flight
companies (Flyjet and Monarch recently) Plus CS-TMR was stored
Amsterdam for 3 years is now on deep maintenance at Victorville for
return to service c/n 1241.
GLOBEJET (Future uncertain may be in financial trouble) OD-MIR c/n 1246 OD-JOE c/n 1243 and OD-ZEE c/n 1239. Did a
lot of flights Gerona and Faro from Warsaw June July August 07 plus OD-HEO c/n 1103 stored. Plus newcomer OD-CVD ( But no trace of it on the Lebanese Register web site!) It is a former Air Transat -500 either s/n 1236
or 1242
c/n 1236 would be ex SX-CVD previously stored at Abu Dhabi (?) or
c/n 1242 would be ex YK-DLC previously stored at Al-Fujairah.
A new operator Bourtequilah Air? just ferried N194AT c/n 1230 from
Miami to Amman via Lisbon for Hadj operations. Now back at AMM minus crew.
At Tehran should be Air Universal
9L-LDC c/n 1231 with -22 engines
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1040254/L/
and EP-LDE c/n 1244 the former 9L-LDE with -524 engines
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0650567/L/
Sorry cant trace a photo as EP-LDE
Not sure how active these two are at the moment.
ATA Airlines They appear to have 3 still in service
N161AT c/n 1219 recently withdrawn and subsequently destroyed by fire.
N162AT c/n 1220
N163AT c/n 1229
N164AT c/n 1238 at least one of theirs N162AT c/n 1220 flew as
AMTRAN8900 across the pond on a reach flight Gander-Budapest
Plus the grandest news of all PH-RST is reserved for c/n 1189 for
World International Airways.
PH-RST is under Interstate`s AOC. www.interstateairlines.com The acft should be delivered fairly soon. I understand 2 more will join but I
have no idea where from. Rumour also an additional L1011 Freighter may
join next year. The passenger L1011 are planned for a route USA -
Europe - India v.v
Further news on this would be much appreciated.
Any news or sightings much appreciated. Especially helpful would be
accurate and up to date details of which aircraft are stored at
Al-Fujairah, or Ras Al Khaimah. Check Ras al Khaymah on
Google Earth at 55° 56' 20" E,25° 36' 49" N . These Tristars were
reportedly based/stored Ras al Khaymah 1093, 1101,1201,1212, 1237 and
1245 in July 07 confirmation would be very helpful.
Hope it helps
Be lucky
David

CS-TMX
1st Nov 2007, 13:35
Any news about Globejet's situation?

OD-ZEE impounded @ VVI

OD-MIR ?
OD-JOE ?

Thanks in advance!

Clarence Oveur
1st Nov 2007, 14:17
Is there any particular reason why companies and Gentlemen of a certain reputation, seems to have a penchant for the Tristar?

OldCessna
5th Nov 2007, 23:27
Globejet has folded.

Some rumour that a few aircraft may be sold but I should think they will be parked for a while while things get sorted out.

Lots of bills outstanding so I think that will complicate any sale.

411A
6th Nov 2007, 00:00
Shame about GlobeJet, but I'm not totally surprised.
The CEO was approached some time ago by our group about leasing one of their airplanes, initially for 80 hours/month, with a large potential for this to grow to 160-180 hours in a short time.
We were turned down, as this apparently was not enough utilization for GlobeJet.
Their loss, our gain, as it turned out.
We found a better deal elsewhere.
In my considered opinion, GlobeJet was rather foolish:ugh:, as the -500 airplane would have been ideal for planned South American and Caribbean services...already proposed.

AAL
7th Nov 2007, 04:14
The Z Airlines referred to earlier/above in the old Brit Caledonian colours is just one other of the many of Duane Egli guises, based Ras Al Khaimah but more recently possibly seen standing Ndjamena with a Chadian registration.

PH-SCP
7th Nov 2007, 05:53
According sources close to Interstate Airlines, cn 1189 should be ready for delivery towards the end of November. The aircraft will be used to operate for third parties on an ACMI-basis. The same way they operate their ATR-42 PH-ISA. The airline is based at Maastricht (EHBK/MST) in the southern part of the Netherlands but their aircraft appear only sporadically for maintenance and short time storage, in between ACMI-contracts.

Registration PH-RST revers to the owner of Interstate Airlines, Mr. Roberto Stinga, founder of Air Exel, KLM Exel, V-Bird etc....

cn 1189 is reported to be the first of 8 L1011's, owned by a consortium of mainly Scandinavian investors who are convinced there is a niche market for the L1011. Interstate Airlines holds an AOC and will operate these aircraft for this consortium. All aircraft are reportedly stored in the Californian deserts and will be pulled out, one by one, for maintenance in Amman and brought into service as requirements demand. According to my source, Interstate Airlines are having a hard time finding crews for the TriStars....

The AvgasDinosaur
7th Nov 2007, 06:34
Quote AAL
The Z Airlines referred to earlier/above in the old Brit Caledonian colours is just one other of the many of Duane Egli guises, based Ras Al Khaimah but more recently possibly seen standing Ndjamena with a Chadian registration.
Is this an additional Tchadian registered Tristar or one of these two Egli aircraft already registered in Tchad? Both are former Caledonian and still wear their colours minus titles of course. Paper owner/operator is AMW Tchad ( Aircraft Machinery Works).
TT-DWE c/n 1093 TT-DAE c/n 1101 .
Just seeking clarification.
Be lucky
David

Earl
11th Nov 2007, 17:10
Quote:
Lol thx for the tip but I wasn't planning on spotting over there but on locations in Europe where they come to pick up the muslim's
And ofcaurse on regular locations like this summer with OD-MIR @ EPWA. I'dd like to know stuff like that before it happens
Earl:
OD- MIR did a short term ACMI contract in Poland, this past summer.
OD-ZEE is still in VVI, but its the LAB Bolivian company that owes Globejet 4 million USD.
OD-JOE and OD MIR will start operating for a company out of Tripoli soon for Haj.
The Bolivians tried to claim money for fuel, catering etc from Globejet and placed a hold on the aircraft after they could not collect from LAB.
We stopped flying on March 25 2007 because of non payment from LAB.
I don't know what part of ACMI that they dont understand.
The rumor is true Globejet is finished, this was not good news for any of us.
Lots of things going on in Thailand now with the Tristar.
2 freighters are said to fly soon and its rumored that the old Thaisky passenger Tristars are being looked at.
The shortage of wide body aircraft both passenger and freight worldwide is causing a second look at these old birds.
I think we will see quite a few of them back in the air soon.
If we don't some people sure are waisting a lot of money installing EGPWS,upgrading to make them RNAV capable etc. and pulling them out the desert and other places.
One of the biggest problems now is that there is no initial ground school for this aircraft left anywhere in the world.
Crews will be difficult to find as most have gone to the 747 or either retired.
411A: Globejet may have turned you down several weeks ago due to a 2 year contract they had flying for the UN, they needed a backup aircraft and the one stuck in VVI left them a bit short.
After the CAA Lebanese problems they had to back out of this UN contract also.

mutt
11th Nov 2007, 17:38
One of the biggest problems now is that there is no initial ground school for this aircraft left anywhere in the world.

We still have the facilities, you could always come back :):):):)

Mutt

Earl
11th Nov 2007, 17:50
Quote:
We still have the facilities, you could always come back
Mutt
Today 21:10
Earl:
Last I was in that Tristar simulator in Jeddah 18 months ago it needed a lot of work.
But it would make sense to get it back on line as the only operating sim is in the UK now.
I do hear rumors that the Delta sim is in operation from time to time but no initial ground school.

avia777
15th Nov 2007, 19:56
Does anyone know if Globejets aircraft are parked in Lebanon. We sent them a deposit of $475,000.00 USD and they did not charter nor did they send our monies bank. I hear they had their license revoked. Is Joe Atallah still the owner?

avia777
15th Nov 2007, 22:55
I don't know who would feel sorry for these guys. We sent Globejet a deposit for a charter of $475,000.00 USD they did not position aircraft and did not do the charter and did NOT return our monies. Never received call backs from them, they changed their number, they changed their address in Canada. Left several (100's) of messages and never got a call back.

OldCessna
16th Nov 2007, 01:59
He (Joe) recently sold 2 aircraft to a Libyan outfit. Although as several vendors have not been paid I'm sure they are candidates to be seized once they start operating.
Another is impounded in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Another is in AMM with monies owed.
Joe seems to have left a trail of debris wherever he went!
The only people he seems to have paid were the crews which he needed.

FYI: here's a link to the company that bought 2 of the Globejet aircraft.

http://www.k-saker.com/CONTCAT%20USE.htm

The AvgasDinosaur
26th Nov 2007, 15:09
Hello all,
I have just received this link from a well trusted source
http://www.skygate-int.com/hajj.pdf
In it Skygate claim to have 4 Tristar-250s on this years Hadj operation.
I can only find two that are active (airworthy ??) EX-044 c/n 1245 and EX-056 c/n 1237.
They have JY-SGI stored at Amman but not flown in a long long time ( dates anyone ??) and I think they have connections to a Krygistan registered one that is safely tucked away in Victorville.
Any comments observations from our learned Tristar artisans out there much appreciated.
Though not Tristar related any ideas which 747-300s they are after ( Not the ex Travel City Direct aircraft??)
Thanks in anticipation
Be lucky
David

411A
27th Nov 2007, 02:14
Last I heard Skygate did not have an AOC that was acceptable to the Saudi authorities for Hajj ops.

The AvgasDinosaur
27th Nov 2007, 10:10
Page 7 of their pdf file states The Saudi PCA has granted the FOC on every Hajj season and for every SGIA operated aircraft
Perhaps they are being economical with the truth:eek:
They also claim their 2 or more 747-300s will be on a European AOC.:eek::eek:
Comments and observations appreciated as ever.
Be lucky
David

411A
27th Nov 2007, 16:11
The Saudi PCA has granted the FOC on every Hajj season and for every SGIA operated aircraft

How very odd, considering the fact that they were not seen in JED during the last Hajj movement.:rolleyes:

Need to Know Basis
28th Nov 2007, 08:07
411A - have been asked to look into 20,000 pilgrims BGW-JED to start immediatley - Hajj flights. I was thinking of Skygate but now i`ve read your comments - I am not so sure. Difficulty also of carriers wishing to operate in / out.......any ideas ?

411A
29th Nov 2007, 03:25
BGW, where is this? Not on our database.
Send a PM with complete details although the time frame is rather short.

mutt
29th Nov 2007, 05:25
They also claim their 2 or more 747-300s will be on a European AOC.

These might be the Hellenic (sp?) aircraft out of Athens.

Mutt

Need to Know Basis
29th Nov 2007, 08:18
I have sent a PM to you. BGW being Baghdad.

Thanks

GotTheTshirt
29th Nov 2007, 23:26
411A
You need to ditch your expensive database and use Google:)

Type in BGW airport and voila Bagdad :D

BOAC
30th Nov 2007, 07:30
OK - that's 411A's education progressed and now he knows where Baghdad is. I detect something 'commercial' coming along here, so be warned - it will not be tolerated on the open forum, but feel free to wheel and deal off the forum.

OldCessna
30th Nov 2007, 13:50
Hey 411A!

Did you get your L1011 up & running yet?

There's a whole lot of them sitting in AMM ready to roll!

camilo1
30th Nov 2007, 20:26
Hi everyone!.

Have some of questions regarding the Private Tristars out there, any
answers would be very much appreciated:

The two that belonged to the Saudi Royal Family (msn 293A-1249, msn
193G-1250), and are now property of a Vegas Casino (Las Vegas
Sands), why are they parked at Ardmore?.

I heard that they are to be used in a Las Vegas -Macau operation,
does the Tristar have the range both ways?.

A Saudi prince has two, (Abdul Aziz Al-Ibrahim) one parked in the
middle east (msn 193Y-1195), and another one parked at Marseille(msn
193G-1250) . Why are both grounded?.

Is it because of a lack of spares?.

How much would it cost to purchase one of them?. (The Saudi Royal
Flight ones were sold not too long ago)

How much approximately would it cost to keep this machines grounded,
and how much would it cost to keep them operating?.

Has anyone seen any of these machines inside?. Does anyone have
recent pictures of them?.

And another question:

There is a company called Dragonfly Brazil that supposedly has private tristars for charter service.

They advertise a "royal l-1011". But if I`m not mistaken this is one
of the machines that belong to the Saudi Prince (msn 193H-1247),
does the Prince rent it?. They also claim to have other Tristars
(250 variant) for charter service, what airframes are they (serial
number, registration number))?.

Is it a scam?.

I saw from a message board a rumour that msn 193H-1247, would be
sold to the U.S. goverment, is it true?.

All the best :ok:

Camilo

411A
1st Dec 2007, 12:08
The two that belonged to the Saudi Royal Family (msn 293A-1249, msn
193G-1250), and are now property of a Vegas Casino (Las Vegas
Sands), why are they parked at Ardmore?.

Interior mods, I'm told.
....and another one parked at Marseille. Why are both grounded?.

Severe birdstrike for the one parked in France.
I saw from a message board a rumour that msn 193H-1247, would be
sold to the U.S. goverment, is it true?.

Quite possibly.
Did you get your L1011 up & running yet?
Waiting for marketing and on-going maintenance.

glhcarl
1st Dec 2007, 15:57
The L-1011 parked in Marseille is a -500 s/n 193H-1247, ex-Jordanian Royal family.

The L-1011 parked in Lyon is a -150 s/n 193M-1019, ex-Air Transat, Air Canada, Eastern & Haas Turner.

The AvgasDinosaur
1st Dec 2007, 17:07
Quote from OldCessna
There's a whole lot of them sitting in AMM ready to roll!
Care to update us, please
Be lucky
David

GotTheTshirt
2nd Dec 2007, 16:44
1247 is the Al Anwah aircraft in MRS with birdstrike.
It is on Saudi reg but they would not let them 2 engine ferry.
Bad engine currently in Jalco being repaired.

411A 3 Oct !
If all goes according to plan, look for scheduled L1011 passenger service into Europe, in the not very distant future.
Funding approved, aircraft being inspected now...

Well getting the aircraft up and running for EU is not quite a 3 week wonder is it :}
PS Got Enhanced Mode S yet:)

alexmcfire
3rd Dec 2007, 21:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

411A - have been asked to look into 20,000 pilgrims BGW-JED to start immediatley - Hajj flights. I was thinking of Skygate but now i`ve read your comments - I am not so sure. Difficulty also of carriers wishing to operate in / out.......any ideas ?
[Quote]
Didnīt Iraqi Airways lease a Deathstar-10 in SA, for the Hadjj season?

Eagle45
4th Dec 2007, 22:14
03 DEC 2007
XT-BRK & XT-RAD - Kallat Elsaker Air (ex Globe Jet)
http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=4265

Eagle45
5th Dec 2007, 16:36
Didn't Iraqi Airways lease a Deathstar-10 in SA, for the Hadjj season?A DC-10, S9-GAS (ex G-TAOS) flew on 1st Dec from JNB to BGW via Djibouti, call sign IAW 1111 and was seen in JED on the 3rd. White color with tail and engines blue.
http://www2.airliners.net/open.file/1070781/M/

camilo1
5th Dec 2007, 19:35
Hi

Just read from a german l-1011 site that the Stargazer machine will be updated with 524 engines at Victorville, anyone know anymore about it?

Mr Grim reaper
5th Dec 2007, 21:47
Hi I was speaking with a crew member from OSC and he tells me the aircraft will have it's -524's installed by Marshall Aerospace in Feb/Mar 2008

glhcarl
7th Dec 2007, 01:11
According to a mate of mine that still works in Lockheed product support, the work on the Orbital Science aircraft will be accomplished in Victorville. This make sense because Orbital has bought an old Delta aircraft, currently stored in Victorville, to get the engines, ducts, instruments and other bits and pieces required to fit RB-211-524 on a -22 airframe.

camilo1
10th Dec 2007, 15:21
Hi

According to this source the first RAF TRISTAR is starting the avionics upgrade by Marshall Aerospace.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2007/12/05/220088/picture-first-raf-tristar-arrives-for-avionics-upgrade.html

This will include according to the Marshall site:

"The Navigation system consists of a triple Flight Management System (FMS), Triple Inertial Reference Systems, Dual Nav 4000 VOR/ILS/ADF, DME 4000 and the GPS provides the source information for the Lateral Navigation modes.

The Flight Deck Display System (FDS) uses five 6x8 inch Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Displays (AMLCD). The Engine Instruments and Engine Pressure Ratio Indicator are displayed on the centrally mounted display.

An AMLCD Integrated Standby Instrument System provides attitude, altitude, speed and heading information.

Dual VHF 4000 radios provide communications and ACARS Datalink capability. Dual RTU 4200 radio tuning systems control the navigation and communications systems in parallel with the FMS.

Finally, with the recently installed IFF, TCAS and EGPWS, the system complies with CNS/ATM regulations and provides RNP1 capability."

My question is, will it be possible for a civilian or private Tristar to get this same upgrade?.

Cheerio

Camilo

Canīt wait to see a picture of the new instrument panel.

411A
11th Dec 2007, 08:37
Dual (or triple) Honeywell HT9100 GPS units will provide RNP1, full GPS steering, and can, with a software upgrade, be compatable for RNP0.3...at considerably less cost.
No fancy glass, of course, I suspect however that this would not work for the RAF, as the Brits have an adversion to stand alone GPS units.
It's called the ...'not invented here' syndrome.:rolleyes:

Their loss, civil operators gain:}

Mr Grim reaper
11th Dec 2007, 09:02
Hi
Marshall Aerospace are just about to start the installation of this upgrade.
there is no reason why this upgrade could not be installed on any Tristar.

I have a artist pic of it but am unable to paste it on to the site.

GotTheTshirt
13th Dec 2007, 06:20

It could be that we just don't like being dependant on a system that one one person ( without beating about the Bush:}) has the ability to switch the whole system off:=

CVTDog
15th Dec 2007, 20:20
For all those "Lost" fans out there.... did you know the production team bought the ex Delta L.1011, N783DL for use in the series.

How sad am I to have stumbled across this . . . . .

HZ123
16th Dec 2007, 13:41
As fond i my be of this aircraft type i am disapointed that once again as with the Nimrod our Air Force must put up with 70,s aircraft. I fail to see if the type had trouble operating profitably 25 years ago that they can do so now. Once again the taxpayer picks up the bill for Ministry and government actions or lack of them.

GotTheTshirt
16th Dec 2007, 15:23
HZ 123
Comparing the Nimrod to the L1011 is a bit of a red herring.
The Nimrod is operating in an everchanging Electronic Environment requiring more equipment more weight more more power more everything.

The L1011 role carrying freight or pax or refuelling is basically the same.
The L1011 because of it pedigree :) has no problem in operating for several more years supposedly until 2012+
When you talk about poor old taxpayer footing the bill how much do you think we would be paying to have a new shiny Airbus or Boeing designed and built :hmm:. an what would it do that the L1011 can't do ?
The MOD are able to buy all the spares they need very cheap so I dont really see the problem:)
For once I think they have got it right !!:D

411A
16th Dec 2007, 17:16
I fail to see if the type had trouble operating profitably 25 years ago that they can do so now.

Really?
Shhhhh, don't tell DAL about this.

They had (IIRC) 69 of these Lockheed three-holers, and according to a senior VP I spoke with just after they retired the last one (his words, exactly)..."The L1011 made us more money than any other airplane, ever."

Not so bad after all...:rolleyes:

Mr Grim reaper
19th Dec 2007, 08:47
Hi
Does anyone know what is happening with Interstate airlines?
Have they got thier L1011 yet? If not does anyone know if/when they are getting it.
Did they get many replies to they ad for Pilots & ground staff?
Who are they going to be flying for ( ACMI)?

The AvgasDinosaur
19th Dec 2007, 15:59
Found this on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SyjP1XnojY
Comments and observations appreciated.
Be lucky
David
P.S. Given the lack of anything to give scale I personally think its an RC model, would love it to be real though.

OldCessna
20th Dec 2007, 14:50
Interstate airlines
Hi
Does anyone know what is happening with Interstate airlines?
Have they got thier L1011 yet? If not does anyone know if/when they are getting it.
Did they get many replies to they ad for Pilots & ground staff?
Who are they going to be flying for ( ACMI)?

Were they tied in on 411A's aircraft package?

411A
21st Dec 2007, 09:31
Were they tied in on 411A's aircraft package?

Ah...no.
But we are open to co-operation.:)

1970s Spotter
21st Dec 2007, 09:39
Re:
Found this on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SyjP1XnojY
Comments and observations appreciated.
Be lucky
David
P.S. Given the lack of anything to give scale I personally think its an RC model, would love it to be real though.

...TAP pilot by any chance?:)

HZ123
21st Dec 2007, 09:50
Just a point on profit making. The L1011 made most if not all of its profits when the industry could charge what it liked I believe.

411A
21st Dec 2007, 13:40
Just a point on profit making. The L1011 made most if not all of its profits when the industry could charge what it liked I believe

Generally not true.

Cheap fuel. Ask a few retired DAL execs and they will tell you the story.

gazza007
22nd Dec 2007, 12:09
Sure I caught glimpse of Tristar this morning about 08:40 landing on 23R, can anybody confirm?

Ian Brooks
22nd Dec 2007, 12:15
Yes a Brize diversion

Ian

The AvgasDinosaur
22nd Dec 2007, 12:48
RRR 3247 just calling director 121.350 with approximately 25 miles to run for RWY
23R
This is showing as L1011 ZE706 on SBS
Pinched from elsewhere hope it helps
Be lucky
David

gazza007
22nd Dec 2007, 18:09
Excellent, eyesight is better than I thought

camilo1
27th Dec 2007, 19:31
Hi

Just a question, donīt know if it has already been asked. If it has my apologies.

There are a lot of Tristars parked in Saudi Arabia that belonged to Saudia and are now owned by Regency Projects of Pakistan. Being that these machines have -524 engines and they have a lot less hours/cycles than most of the Tristars that are still flying, my question is; why isnīt anyone jumping on these planes, they must at least be good for bulk cargo.

-200 models, decent hours/cycles and plenty of spares...

Doesnīt make sense, maybe anyone in the know would be kind enough to provide an answer.

Thanks

GotTheTshirt
28th Dec 2007, 00:46
Camilo,
The Saudi aircraft have a 524-B2 engine which is only used in the -200.
The -500 has the B4 engines.
The big AD's that are currently due will be needed on all the Saudi aircraft which have been on the ground for several years.
Additionally bringing these aircraft up to date with EU requirements is not cheap as 411 can probably tell you !!

Bulk loading without a cargo door has not proved very successful:)

There are -200 aircraft out there that have cargo doors so they would be a better bet.:ok:

mutt
28th Dec 2007, 18:18
are now owned by Regency Projects of Pakistan

Are you sure? If so this will be the 3rd or 4th company that has placed a deposit on the aircraft but never collected them... Why does this company think they are any different?

Mutt

OldCessna
29th Dec 2007, 00:03
Mutt,

Regency is a real solid background outfit.

Solid plans, are well heeled, and have excellent technical support!

PH-SCP
31st Dec 2007, 11:42
http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=4333

camilo1
24th Jan 2008, 20:28
Hi

This was posted in another forum by the user TZTriStar500 , sad to see those L15īs go.

"Well folks, it is finally coming closer to the end. Two of the three L-1011-500s in the fleet are now officially scheduled for retirement. N162AT will depart in late February and N163AT in April. That will leave only N164AT left which is currently undergoing a C check at Victorville Aerospace and will be completed late Feb. 164 should fly through approx. March of 2009 at most and would then end the L-1011 era at TZ and in 121 ops in the US.

As for what will happen to them, 162 and 163 may placed up for sale, but the engines are certainly needed just to keep 164 going for the next year pending the -524 engine disk life reduction AD".

CS-TMX
20th Apr 2008, 22:20
Hi, here is the situation about TriStars in Portugal:

CS-TMP / LUZair - active, available for ACMIs
CS-TMR / LUZair - C-check, should be returning soon
CS-TEB / euroAtlantic - active, just returned from storage and structural repairs at GAMCO, available for ACMIs
CS-TMX / euroAtlantic - already broken up (you can see photos at tristar500. ******** . com )

CS-TFP should be the next portuguese TriStar. Later I will give you the MSN.

camilo1
21st Apr 2008, 00:41
Hi CS-TMX

Is the new -500 going to Luzair or Euroatlantic?. Is this the Interstate plane recently overhauled at the Middle East?. Ex Delta, maybe?.

And another question for the experts on the thread, If I wanted to start a -500 operation now, approximately how many aircraft would it be possible to get to airworthy condition?. The more I look at pictures of VCV the more those Tristars seem to be more incomplete.

Thanks!.

Skystar320
21st Apr 2008, 01:24
Two -500's are heading to Bangladesh for International ops.

411A
21st Apr 2008, 02:59
http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/view...av2&picid=4333

Ahhh, and a nice one it is, too.:ok:
Everything works as advertised...no small feat with this complicated aeroplane.

glhcarl
21st Apr 2008, 17:40
camilo1,

Realistically the total number of L-1011's that could be put back in service is quite low. They would all have to be RB-211-524 powered versions, the -200's, -250's or -500's. The other models used RB-211-22B's and they are no longer supported.

Less than 70 of these airframe exist and many of them have been in storage for many years and their overall condition has to be suspect. Some of these the 9 RAF airframes, the 3 VIP configured aircraft are not suitable for commerical use.

TheChitterneFlyer
21st Apr 2008, 20:30
What's the deal then 411A? Have Interstate given up on the Trimotor?

TCF

411A
22nd Apr 2008, 00:36
Have Interstate given up on the Trimotor?

I believe so, yes.
However, others have not, and indeed we might need another.:E

camilo1
22nd Apr 2008, 20:37
Thanks for your answer 411A, I really appreciate your input.:D

Say I went to VCV, or Taif and wanted to buy a Tristar, what would it cost to buy a Tristar?, and what would it be for all the ADs, technical upgrades and maintenance to get it to fly again?. I know Rolls Royce still supports the RB 211-524, but do they sell any overhauled engines?.

I guess that the work should be carried out in the Middle East, because of costs, Iīm looking for the cheapest alternative.

Regards

Camilo

By the way, does anyone know if HZ AB1 still belongs to the Saudi Prince?.

411A
23rd Apr 2008, 00:54
VCV, indeterminate, as specific aircraft vary...quite a lot.
Afterwords, a whole bunch.
However, there is definitely a niche for the big Lockheed tri-motor, finding that is sometimes even harder.

CS-TMX
23rd Apr 2008, 01:04
Ahhh, and a nice one it is, too.
Everything works as advertised...no small feat with this complicated aeroplane.

The last time I saw TL-ADW was 5th March in Fujairah!

Here is a picture of it:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4704/tladwjf0.jpg

And other L10s seen from my own!
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2379/caledonianwr4.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9119/privatemr3.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/882/fujairahai2.jpg

Finally, my workplace also at Fujairah:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/923/luz1011vj5.jpg

;)

411A
23rd Apr 2008, 22:20
The last time I saw TL-ADW was 5th March in Fujairah!

Yes, indeed, while large video screens are installed for pax entertainment, and will soon be flying again on another contract.
TriStar, an oldie but still very profitable, if operated by those who know how.

ZFT
24th Apr 2008, 01:28
411A,

Where do Tristar crews perform their recurrency?

Could the lack of a certified FFS be the downfall of this magnificent a/c (I recall the A300B2 2 man flight deck version was basically scrapped in UK when Garuda got rid of the 2 man A300 sim).

411A
24th Apr 2008, 02:06
Where do Tristar crews perform their recurrency?

DAL in ATL, is one location, although don't know for how much longer.
Also, there is an L10 sim in MIA, but don't know if it is still active.
We are planning to use the actual airplane, if absolutely necessary.
I have done this before at another carrier, with good success some years ago.
Another option is the SVA sim in JED.
It is still there, I'm told, but OTS at the moment.
Don't know if this is viable, however.

HZ123
24th Apr 2008, 08:18
In the UK the RAF had one at Brize, ex BA as part of the deal if my memory serves me well. It would seem logical as they must now by the biggest operator of those old faithful. In fact is it not now a little concerning that they operate too many old types L1011 VC10.

mutt
24th Apr 2008, 12:54
Another option is the SVA sim in JED.
It is still there, I'm told, but OTS at the moment.
Don't know if this is viable, however. Not viable, SVA donated it to a museum! But they didnt have the required resources to move it, so it sits semi dismantled.

Mutt

BAe32EP-Chief
26th Apr 2008, 10:23
MSN: 199 & 225 rumoured to be purchased by a Bangaldesh Company......

Anyone confirmed?

glhcarl
26th Apr 2008, 13:41
BAe32ep-Chief,

You don't have enough numbers in your MSN. L-1011 serial numbers (written s/n not MSN) were 1001 through 1250. Perhaps you mean 1199 and 1225, both of which are ex-Delta, ex-Air Rum, RB-211-22B powered -1's.

BAe32EP-Chief
26th Apr 2008, 13:47
Yes you quite correct, 1199 & 1225.

411A
26th Apr 2008, 15:13
Both mentioned aircraft are owned by Orient Air, Damascus, and were last flown well over a year ago, and I am not the least bit surprised at the announced sale, as negotiations have been going on for sometime.

camilo1
29th Apr 2008, 03:08
Does anyone have an update on the RAF Tristar`s glass cockpit?. I guess they must have completed at least one of the planes. Anyone have a pic?.

Thanks!!:O

OldCessna
4th May 2008, 15:58
MSN: 199 & 225 rumoured to be purchased by a Bangaldesh Company......

Anyone confirmed?

It's a Pakistani company with Dubai connections.

J31 MAN
31st Jul 2008, 07:45
Photos: Lockheed L-1011-385-1-15 TriStar 250 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lockheed-L-1011-385-1-15-TriStar/1374717/L/)

aidey_f
9th Aug 2008, 17:27
Hi folks

a couple of times over the last fortnight, while on my drive to work past EGKK, I've been pleasantly surprised to see a white-tailed tristar sat at the south terminal - normally on gate 18/20 on pier 2.

Anyone know who's operating it, and if it's likely to be around a while?

Newforest2
9th Aug 2008, 20:27
You probably saw Luzair CS-TMP which has been a frequent visitor to the Uk in recent weeks.

AircraftOperations
10th Aug 2008, 00:06
Monarch have had a Tristar covering their schedules from LGW and MAN in the past few weeks, according to a friend who works in Ops at LGW.

Mr A Tis
10th Aug 2008, 19:20
The UK press have reported that two RAF L1011s have been withdrawn for repairs after "cracks found in the wings" Don't know how true that is, but they are pretty old BA machines, aren't they?

glhcarl
10th Aug 2008, 23:58
The UK press have reported that two RAF L1011s have been withdrawn for repairs after "cracks found in the wings" Don't know how true that is, but they are pretty old BA machines, aren't they?

While the RAF TriStars may be old in years, their hours and cycles are quite young: The highest time RAF L-1011 has less than 49,500 hours and 10,500 cycles.

camilo1
23rd Aug 2008, 04:59
Hi

I read King Aersopace in Ardmore are laying off some personnel because of a dispute between two parties over ownership of an L-1011. Being that msn 293A-1249 is currently flying between Vegas and Macau, is this plane MSN 193G-1250?.

Are the Saudis regreting the sale?.
Does anybody have an idea of how much was paid to the Saudis for this ships?.

And on other subject, anyone have an idea if msn msn 193H-1247 is flying?. The owner abandoned it in France for a long time.

Thanks.

:)

OldCessna
30th Aug 2008, 18:58
Quote: I read King Aersopace in Ardmore are laying off some personnel because of a dispute between two parties over ownership of an L-1011.

Dispute was over scheduled payments for work done. Partial interim payments not made.
King couldn't work it out with the owner & he decided to sue the Saudi's. Not a good move as they can & have the money to sit it out!

The a/c should move shortly to another MOD center (centre)

Are the Saudis regreting the sale?.

Doubt it I heard the Macau run is doing really well and they have another L1011 waiting in the wings (excuse the pun)

And on other subject, anyone have an idea if msn msn 193H-1247 is flying?. The owner abandoned it in France for a long time.

Isn't that the ship now in Ardmore?
It blew an engine and sat in France for a long while, Couldn't get a ferry permit out.

camilo1
31st Aug 2008, 00:23
Thanks for your answer OldCessna, you have been very helpful.

So 1250 stays in Ryhadh then?.

Do you know what are the luxuries inside this birds?.

Thanks again
:ok:.

drivez
31st Aug 2008, 20:59
Spotted a nice L-1011 in philidelphia 26th July. All white cargo type even got a nice shot of it.

camilo1
1st Sep 2008, 01:27
Drivez:
Could you post a pic of the freighter?

lukeylad
21st Sep 2008, 14:19
Didn't realise Euroatlantic had got there tristar back into service! I thought they were selling it!