PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Priority Boarding.

the dean
26th Sep 2007, 13:16
i have been a pilot for many years but in the past few months i have travelled as a passenger on a number of RYR flights ... all excellent and with one tech delay all on time. ..

i say well done RYR....HOWEVER...i have noticed even before the introduction of priority but particularly since ..it seems that some passengers travelling as two are using that as an opportunity to grab three seats ...seated in such a way as to try to ensure they keep the three.

this is a very selfish practice, as anyone will agree ( i am no longer in this situation but i sympathise with those that are )....if they are travelling with kiddies. they will of course want to travel with a relative of family member in the sometimes frightening ( for them ) environment of an aircraft.

i saw people in malaga sit so that they had window and aisle ( very few are going to ask for the one in between ) thus a large family of small children had great difficulty in trying to get at least two ( so one could be with the other ) small children together.

i saw a couple in fuerteventura last week ( it did'nt cause a problem for any children there ) sit so the man took the middle seat and the woman the aisle. no one asked for the window but i expect the couple would have felt obliged begrudgingly ( since they obviously also wanted the window seat...as he was quick to move into it after the door was shut ensuring that they had three seats between them ) to offer to move in.

this practice, apart from making it difficult for large families ( who may not be in a position to afford priority booking ) to get seats near their children, may also prevent ( if it happens at the other side of the aircraft ) even a couple from thaking the two aisle seats.

to those uncaring and selfish morons i say shame on you.:ugh::=

to RYR though this may be difficult to police perhaps cabin crew should be asked to monitor, particularly in the priority boarding situation that couples are asked to move in to the window. verf few people do not like a window seat and if someone has a fear of flying and wants to be seated inboard i am sure they will express this sentiment and be accomodated.

V2 plus 4oo...gear up....:ok:

the dean.