PDA

View Full Version : New airline

lc_aerobatics
26th Sep 2007, 12:05
Hope you'll find it of some use
http://www.flyforbeans.com/

benhurr
26th Sep 2007, 15:46
I guess someone has too much time on their hands...

AlphaMale
26th Sep 2007, 18:57
Good for us down in South Wales all the same :ok:

Doubt I'll have a fATPL in time, flying a 737-300 from my local airport would be awesome though.

Strange name mind.

modern monkey
26th Sep 2007, 21:14
These lot look like a complete bunch of clowns. Flyforbeans? what a terrible name. Don't fly for peanuts, fly for beans!!
They are I think a genuine airline, they had an advert in flight international a few weeks ago. It would have to be a pretty elaborate piss take.

I will watch the progress of this airline with interest, I garuantee it will be a total shambles and will take aviation to new lows. Which ever fool is putting his money behind this lot must have more money than sense.

152wiseguy
26th Sep 2007, 21:29
For all employment enquiries: [email protected]

hmmm... really tempting, cant imagine a rush of experienced pilots applying :ugh:

Pax on the run
27th Sep 2007, 08:11
A truly hideous name for an airline.

boogie-nicey
27th Sep 2007, 10:50
They seem somewhat amateurish as their initial pay scales were offering Captains somewhere in the region of £35K. Don't think they really expect a captain to turn up for that kind of money. However I note that they've ammended that, probably after the HR/marketing department were informed of that la-la land salaries being offered.

Though they appear to be a genuine company I nevertheless find it difficult to take them seriously when they claim to be 'sourcing 737s'. Why not just phone up AVIS or Hertz and hire one for the day. That kind of caption simply promotes silliness and a lack of professionalsim, their house should ideally be in order before they make themselves public. This company's so silly they are causing Ryanair to state claiming "Flyforbeans is bringing standards down". :E

I really don't know how they'll effectively compete with the likes of Ryanair and EasyJet with their already established business model and matured operations. Oh well best of luck....:ok:

modern monkey
27th Sep 2007, 11:13
Everything about this company makes me laugh! The name is a joke, the website is crap, their many puns on the word bean are terrible and the "bean blog" is rediculous.

the bean blog says:
"I have been in close talks with a uniform supplier and will be meeting with them in the coming weeks to decide on a design that will definitely distinguish us from other ‘low-cost’ operators. Obviously I can’t divulge colours just yet but we feel those lucky crewmembers who are on the first intake will very pleasantly surprised by our look."
I wouldnt be surprised if the cabin crew have to wear some kind of hideous baked bean related costume.

"Onboard catering is also progressing well. A major player in the aviation catering game has approached us and we are keen to use their ‘concept’ onboard which will add a fresh dimension to the onboard service that low fare passengers are used to!"
What's the betting they're in discussions with Heinz?

Their call sign has got to be beans as well,
"beansXXX, abean the airfield...."

Regarding their recruitment, I applied a few weeks ago off of their ad in Flight International, no 737tr so nothing heard thank god. I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to pull in a load of hard done by 737 pilots from places like Indonesia etc as no British pilot in their right mind would work for such a bunch of ametuers.

Pax on the run
27th Sep 2007, 21:59
Sourcing 737s..

Im surprised they havent considered saucing the 7 57 varieties?

Its going to stink on board them flights!

socrates
28th Sep 2007, 09:12
This apparently is a recent image of the owner:

http://users.skynet.be/gagagogo/_private/images/ugly_5/Mr%20Bean.jpg

'Fly For Beans' airline?

:ugh::ugh: