PDA

View Full Version : Australia to England

dhavillandpilot
26th Sep 2007, 06:59
For those of you that fly in nice new shiny A330's and the soon A380 on the Australian United kingdom route, spare a thought for the crew of VH-OZA, a Fairchild Metro 3, they have a load of fare payibng passengers doing the route over 25 days - arriving in Biggin Hill on the 2nd October around 1500.

The only decent part for the crew is the hotels, they seem to have snagged Raffles - Singapore, The Orient - Bancock, The Strand - Rangoon and in London the Ritz.

If any of you are around on the 2nd, the two pilots are captain Steve myles and captain Sandy Antal.

To see their route go to www.heronairlines.com.au (http://www.heronairlines.com.au) and then follow the International tour prompts for the details:ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Sep 2007, 18:07
Nah... it's not a real plane!! I met a young couple once who took an Auster from the UK to Australia!

Might still drive over to see it though...

WHBM
27th Sep 2007, 11:38
Looks like a re-run of "Beyond the Blue Horizon" by Alexander Frater :)

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
27th Sep 2007, 20:08
Good luck with the stop in Rangoon(!)

Lovely place to be at the moment.

MURLOW
27th Sep 2007, 21:09
Sounds like the windging pom is still alive and well!!!!!!
Good luck boys and girls have a fantastic trip:D

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
28th Sep 2007, 21:38
I know a positive post would be nice but...

x hours per day in a noisy slim metal tube 1 metre wide on a mammoth trip strikes me as being crazy.

At least the classic aircraft had a bit more space and class to their cabins, even if the engines were more likely to fail.

merlinxx
29th Sep 2007, 16:53
Shame 'tis not a real DH114 though, Metro has more room. Great fun, I'm envious. I looked after two UK - OZ Tiger flts by Brian Edwards & John Fisher.
Had great fun planning & running flt watch. Both made/broke records.

Good luck folks and gave a safe trip.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
2nd Oct 2007, 07:21
Any updates please? I don't fancy driving over there in poor wx and M25 traffic jams and not seeing anything.

GBALU53
2nd Oct 2007, 14:15
The aircraft arrive in Jersey on time and was due to leave at 1330 Utc she was servicable so on that she should be landing at Biggin Hill in about the next twenty minutes at a guess.
Both the pilots are nice guys I was haveing a chat this morning with Steve and he was telling me the story of this charter.
The bunch on the leg inbound to biggin are no sping chickeds to have flown all that way in a Metroliner is a feet on it own but no sector has been more than two hours thirty minutes Steve told me.
The aircraft will stay at Biggin untill saturday morning an will depart for Jersey again they know where that is now at about 0830ish UTC for the lunch stopover in jersey before heading for cannes on the second leg of there voyage back down under good luck it was nice to meet the crew and have a chat to Steve.:ok: