PDA

View Full Version : Links to Pictures

wasdale
26th Sep 2007, 04:35
Quite a few links to pictures have just a square with a red X in it, but I can't get it to show. What am I missing?:confused:

DG101
26th Sep 2007, 08:37
errr .... the big picture.

It depends what you are trying to access. The file may have been deleted, renamed or moved, or some other event may have rendered the file inaccessible.

wasdale
26th Sep 2007, 16:23
Just one example is directly under tony draper's name on all his posts. eg see thread on Jet Blast "Boy survives......" post no. 5

ericlday
26th Sep 2007, 16:33
''Just one example is directly under tony draper's name on all his posts. eg see thread on Jet Blast "Boy survives......" post no. 5 ''

I have similar problem as wasdale so I am interested in any help !!!!
Thanks in advance
ELD

DG101
26th Sep 2007, 17:54
So, I infer this is only a problem with Pprune

The example you cite seems to be Mr. Draper's piggy image. Click here (http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/flyblue1/?action=view&current=Piggy.gif) if you really need to know what you're missing.

I don't have the problem, as I don't use IE, so instead of the little white box containing a red X all I see is a blank. :cool:

Maybe avatars have been disabled by the site owner. := But I don't intend debugging the script any further.

Saab Dastard
26th Sep 2007, 18:51
OK, I can't say I know what the problem is, but here's some observations:

I have looked at 3 such signature pictures - Tony Draper, Juud and ANO.

1) They ALL refer to items hosted on photobucket - so if you can see one...

2) 2 are GIFs, one is JPG - the only one not appearing is TD's GIF.

3) It is possible to view TD's GIF directly in photobucket.

4) The behaviour is identical in both FF and IE6 - although in FF the missing picture is simply not shown, rather than the placeholder x in IE6.

I conclude that there is nothing in PPRuNe or photobucket to prevent such signatures appearing.

However, there may well be something to do with TD's PPRuNe account of which I am unaware.

SD