PDA

View Full Version : Chinook makes precautionary landing in Hampshire yesterday?

Razor61
25th Sep 2007, 13:21
A Lynx was apparently orbiting the Chinook saying the crew were outside the aircraft waving for help.
Anyone with anymore information on what happened with the Chinook?

airborne_artist
25th Sep 2007, 14:28
As I heard it, the Chinook had landed in the grounds of a fine hotel, and the loadie had been sent off with all the bags to check in.

The Lynx flew by and was given the two-fingered salute by the rest of the crew, pointing the Lynx in the direction of a local campsite.

ShyTorque
25th Sep 2007, 17:45
Nice, like it! :ok:

chinook240
25th Sep 2007, 17:46
Birdstrike - simple as that!

Fg Off Max Stout
25th Sep 2007, 18:43
Top Tip: Do not use phrases such as 'Chinook Down' in thread titles lest you cause unnecessary momentary distress. Consider 'precautionary landing' or 'landed in field' instead.

Never Alert
25th Sep 2007, 18:49
Well said Stout,

I nearly crapped myself reading that.

PPRuNe Pop
25th Sep 2007, 19:25
So did I, now changed. :=

Razor61
25th Sep 2007, 19:31
Thanks Chinook240

Sorry to cause any distress by the header!

Airborne Aircrew
25th Sep 2007, 21:00
So I suppose the "headline":-

Beautiful Blond goes down in Hampshire

Should now read:-

Beautiful Blond makes precautionary landing in Hampshire.

I don't know... It lacks something... :E

25th Sep 2007, 21:01
Birdstrike eh.....How hard did it hit the rear ramp ? :)

Airborne Aircrew
25th Sep 2007, 21:10
Birdstrike eh.....How hard did it hit the rear ramp ?Ooooouuuchhhh!!!!!

You, Sir, are a Bitch.... :ok::ok:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

talk_shy_tall_knight
25th Sep 2007, 22:57
That'll be the rear ramp as opposed to...?

Airborne Aircrew
25th Sep 2007, 23:02
That'll be the rear ramp as opposed to...?

I detect just the slightest hint of "peeved"... Too funny...:D

No Vote Joe
26th Sep 2007, 13:00
A Lynx was apparently orbiting the Chinook saying the crew were outside the aircraft waving for help.
Anyone with anymore information on what happened with the Chinook?

Chinook crews never need any excuse to blah for blighty on the radios, so why did they need to wave for help?! ;)

whowhenwhy
26th Sep 2007, 18:32
They weren't waving for help! Due to the slow forward velocity of the twin-rotored monster, the bird easily caught up with our proud heroes and decided to alight on the fuselage for a quick rest. The loadie was slightly concerned lest the bird enter the fueslage and attempt to make off with his huge supply of food stored down the back for the long (hour and a half) sortie. Consequently, the crew made a precautionary landing in the field and were attempting to shoo the bird away.

The Helpful Stacker
26th Sep 2007, 19:19
Maybe the Chinook crew had ordered a pizza and the Lynx crew were doing what they do best, trying to deliver within a hour.:}

Faithless
26th Sep 2007, 19:58
Hello Vortex this is Army Air,inbound your location 5 minutes with 4 large hot and spicy meat feasts with extra cheese and garlic....send loc stat over!
Vortex roger, my loc stat, exercise field location, SAS Raddison hotel..... over!

Airborne Aircrew
26th Sep 2007, 20:56
Hello Army Air this is Vortex, say again number of spicy meat fests, over.

Army Air. Four, I say again four, over.

Vortex. Err.. There seems to be a mistake. Your order must be for the Puma squadron in the woods... Four would only feed the Loadies... Please advise.

Army Air. Wait.

[shuffling of paper... sighing sound]

Army Air. Errr.. No, this is your order... We will have to go back for the other four or we will exceed Maximum Take-off Weight.

Vortex. Ahhh... Ok, I suppose we can share until you can get back... Do we get extra garlic bread for the delay?

Faithless
26th Sep 2007, 21:27
Roger your extra Garlic bread.... send grid of TLZ, C17 inbound your location 20 mikes......over.

Airborne Aircrew
26th Sep 2007, 21:38
Vortex. The C-17 should be carrying the initial side order of garlic bread... Since you are unable to carry a small snack such a short distance we were expecting some... errr... "consideration"... Either that or a refund... The rugby starts in 40 minutes and we need to put the a/c to bed and get signed in at the hotel before it starts... It's not like putting up a tent you know... advise, over.

Faithless
26th Sep 2007, 21:45
Vortex roger your last ...50 Tech's now enroute to your location to put single aircraft to bed and wipe aircrew arrse......pen to sign in, also on route....over!

Airborne Aircrew
26th Sep 2007, 21:56
Vortex. Please ensure the paper is the "extra soft"... It's awful sitting in these seats all day... and can they bring extra pillows... Hotel _never_ has enough... over...

Excellent. Two pages of complete drivel now.

Amazing really considering that was your first post...:rolleyes:

Airborne Aircrew
26th Sep 2007, 22:06

Hmmm... A Gopher...

Yo, Phil... Get me some pillows you lazy bastige....

Happy now?

Airborne Aircrew
26th Sep 2007, 22:17
Actually Punxsutawney phil is a ground hog not a gopher.

I know... It doesn't change the fact that you act and talk, (type - since you are a pedant), like a rodent and, therefore, I will treat you like one...