PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Tax

modtinbasher
24th Sep 2007, 13:12
This is a funny one really! Flew out to Tenerife a couple of weeks ago. Cabin staff stands waving her arms about showing the emergency exits etc whilst one of her colleagues is doing the chat, and then we get to the bit about the oxygen masks

......."and these will fall from the panel over your head, you fit them like this.... and oxygen will be released automatically, free of charge"....

What? Free oxygen? Do Ryanair know about this? Surely that could be an earner alongside the baggage and check-in taxes, what an idea!

Just imagine in a few months to come, you sit in your seat, buy your own oxygen mask, along with your blanket and headphones ("which you can of course take with you when leaving the aircraft") plug in your mask and then insert the appropriate amount of coins in the little slot in your seat for enough oxygen to complete your flight!

MTB

PAXboy
24th Sep 2007, 13:19
Save Money!
As we charge for using our seats, bring your own chair and secure to the floor with chains. But, to save weight, please use only plastic chains.

slim_slag
24th Sep 2007, 15:22
What? Free oxygen? Do Ryanair know about this? Surely that could be an earner alongside the baggage and check-in taxes, what an idea!Funnily enough, if you want an O2 bottle for medical reasons they will charge. And it's not cheap. But BA charges too, so not a valid loco bash this time. Sorry to disappoint :)

PAXboy
24th Sep 2007, 16:06
s_s Just my impression but it sounded as if modtinbasher was not 'bashing' but just making a light hearted moment out of the words he heard. The reference to RYR was tongue in cheek. At least, it sounded that way to me, which is why I responded as I did in 'JB' style. :)

slim_slag
24th Sep 2007, 16:33
You just put that smiley in. Very good, now there are two of them :)

ooops, sorry three :)

modtinbasher
24th Sep 2007, 19:00
PAXboy, yes absolutely spot on! But I :)was:) quite amused to hear what the crew said and there were one or 2 other PAX laughing as well, but not many. No doubt the others thought they didn't need to listen to a saftey briefing, but unfortunately that's the case with a lot of folks.

MTB