PDA

View Full Version : Airbus captain requirement for kingfisher airlines

cl65
24th Sep 2007, 05:16
what are the requirements for captain on an airbus?

lets say that i have 500 hrs as a captain on CRJ, will that be enough to get hired or do they need 500 hrs as a captain on airbus??

if i do not need 500 hrs on airbus, will the airline provide me with a type rating once hired?

thanks for replies

Albotross
24th Sep 2007, 11:14
Its usally time on equipment they fly.

chileno 777
24th Sep 2007, 15:12
Found the following information on http://www.flykingfisher.com/exp_crew.asp?id=26

Expat Pilots -A320
Expat Pilots - A320 - TRE, TRI, TLC,TFO.

Minimum requirement :

TRE (Type Rated Examiner) - 5000 hours of total flying experience including 2000 hours on type as PIC with a minimum of 500 hours instructional experience on type.

TRI (Type Rated Instructor) - 4500 hours of total flying experience including 1000 hours on type as PIC with a minimum of 250 hours instructional experience on type.

TLC (Type Rated Line Captain) - 3500 hours of total flying experience including 2000 PIC hrs & 500 hours on type as PIC.

TFO (Type Rated First Officer) - 2000 of total flying experience including 500 hours on type as FO

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggest to visit their web site: http://www.flykingfisher.com/careers.asp

probably the information would help you.

cl65
24th Sep 2007, 22:38
Does this mean that they will hire an expat with an airbus type rating but zero hrs on airbus if you have 500 hrs PIC on CRJ?

Has anyone gone thru this transition captain?

Captain/ Transition Captain – A320.
AIR BUS - A320

Current PIC endorsement on Airbus – 320 or PIC on any commercial jet (Boeing 737, 727, CRJ e.t.c) with a minimum of 500 hrs or PIC on commercial turboprop ( Hs748, F-27, ATR, Dornier, e.t.c) with a minimum of 1000 hrs. Current medical, ALTP, FRTO, COP/RTR and IR. Pilots with Instructor/Examiner rating on Airbus-320 will be given preference.

chileno 777
24th Sep 2007, 23:27
Captain/ Transition Captain – A320.
AIR BUS - A320

Current PIC endorsement on Airbus – 320 or PIC on any commercial jet (Boeing 737, 727, CRJ e.t.c) with a minimum of 500 hrs or PIC on commercial turboprop ( Hs748, F-27, ATR, Dornier, e.t.c) with a minimum of 1000 hrs. Current medical, ALTP, FRTO, COP/RTR and IR. Pilots with Instructor/Examiner rating on Airbus-320 will be given preference

cl65
I think that those requirements are for local pilots. Try only expat pilot links.

C433
25th Sep 2007, 04:21
Hello I am an expat TRE with Kingfisher on the A320 family. The DGCA requirement for the company to hire expat captains is they require 100 PIC on type and 2000 PIC total. http://dgca.nic.in/rules/aero-ind.htm
Kingfisher requirements are as per what has been stated in a previous thread, 500 hours on type. My understanding is at present Kingfisher can find pilots OK with this type of experience. The issue we have here is that most of the local F/O's when they return from their A320 type rating course in Toulouse have a total flying experience of 200 - 250 hours. This of course places extra demand on the captain, to mitigate against this Kingfisher endeavor to employ captains with over 500 hours on type. As always there will possibly come a time when we can't find or can't entice experienced pilots. And of course next year the introduction of the A340-500 and A330 will place a major drain on pilot resources on the A320 family. I hope this helps? P.S Kingfisher at this stage would not pay for your A320 type rating, you would have to have the A320 on your license with the required experience. The transition captain requirements transferring from another type is for local Indian pilots only.

Whoops
25th Sep 2007, 16:10
C433
Please check your pm's.
Cheers,
Whoops

cl65
25th Sep 2007, 16:53
Well, Does anyone know anything about Overseas citizen of india( OCI ) status?.
will you be considered as an indian and be given preference on the right seat? or be able to do captain transition program.

If you are an OCI, do you have to transfer your license as you will be flying as an indian or will they let you fly on foreign lic?.

Here's my situation.

Not an indian citizen.
Could get an Overseas citizen of india status if it helps.
Flies CRJ.
No hours on Airbus.

thanks for all the replies so far and have a great day. :ok:

Nevrekar
26th Sep 2007, 02:38
We have a few OCI status F/O's here at Spicejet on the B737NG. Here is the deal. If you come here as an F/O then you have to convert your licenses to Indian ones (that could take a while--1 year or more?). Spicejet hires only expat Capt's but no expat F/O's as yet. We have a surplus of Indian F/O's. So much so that a few were sent to Oman Air and now a few are being sent to AirIndiaExpress.
As the Kingfisher TRE rightly stated many of the hiring requirements are based on what the market will bear. Spicejet had the min 500 hrs in type requirement on the NG when I came here as a Capt. Now they are looking at folks on a case-by-case basis. We have hired several B-747-400/757/767 skippers lately with zero time in the 737NG. They obviously have tons of great experience. They had to go get their B737 type rating and NG endorsement (Spice paid for some part of the expense, I'm told). Then when they get here, they get 100 hrs of IOE (initial operating experience) with a check pilot before being signed off.
Some expat/Indian pilots are also looking elsewhere for better terms and conditions. Many other airlines are offering better pay with a more stable roster and also positive space tickets home with 12 days off a month. We are supposed to get 8 days off a month but if you fly 6 days a week, do the math! Some Indian carriers now have to look harder and offer "carrots" to get people to come here. ROSTERING is a big issue here. Spicejet advertises and diligently publishes a monthly roster but your schedule changes daily and it is pointless to look at the monthly schedule b/c you won't be flying what's on it-- you can be sure of it. What you can expect is to fly 6 days a week. Unfortunately the expat Capt here becomes a revolving door process and we always seem short.

metro301
27th Sep 2007, 08:23
What is your total time? Total Jet or Turbo prop PIC? Regardless of the company, to be hired as a direct entry Captain, you generally need A LOT of PIC time.
I would be interested to hear if anyone is taking Captains into an Airbus or a Boeing with 500 hours CRJ PIC as their only transport PIC time.
Please keep us posted.

Slasher
27th Sep 2007, 16:19
Anyone know Kingfisher T&Cs for expat line capts? Choice
of bases? Cant find anything on there site.
Thanks

knma'91
2nd Oct 2007, 05:00
Sorry to stray off the topic a little. I have a question about kingfishers ATR hiring. Are they still hiring, Do they allow expats and what is their outlook? I am looking into their co-pilot/co-pilot trainee ATR hiring. Any information would be great.