PDA

View Full Version : Random Question!!!

Pibby
23rd Sep 2007, 20:50
Hya again this is another one of my random questions that just pop into my mind. i was filling in my aircraft registration book today after a great day at LHR and i thought to myself, what am i going to do when "civil aircraft markings 2008" and other registration books cme out next year. am i going to star a fresh or simply copy them all out. what do you do? for anof you who collect reg's??

thanks alot

Pibby :8

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Sep 2007, 21:18
What I used to do when I was a kid (and many of my age still do) was to go through and underline all the numbers in the new book! That becomes tiresome when you've seen a lot so many spotters now use computer programmes to keep track of what they've seen. Those progs are a bit pricey for a pensioner so I keep all my records in Excel spreadsheets which enable me to sort them as I wish.. It works.

Avman
24th Sep 2007, 18:05
When I was a kid (back in the ice age) I soon discovered that whilst the new CAM was eagerly awaited for all the new regies a good number of older "seen" regies would equally disappear. This led to my effectively making my own CAM which I typed out and diligently updated from various aviation publications. That way I never lost record of what I'd seen but was no longer in the published yearly CAMs. With the arrival of PCs I went the same way as HD and keep everything on Excel. You may find it a good idea to keep a record of where and when seen, c/n, as well as any pertinent notes such as if seen in a hybrid livery or with dual titles etc etc.

Pibby
24th Sep 2007, 20:51
thanks alot guys, ill have a go at doing that and see how i get on. But thanks for the advice !!

Pibby

Groundloop
25th Sep 2007, 08:26
a good number of older "seen" regies would equally disappear.

Yeah, where did all those Britannias, Viscounts and Vanguards go? :\

FlyerFoto
25th Sep 2007, 09:17
Groundloop wrote:

Yeah, where did all those Britannias, Viscounts and Vanguards go?

Time for a new book, I think!

Avman
25th Sep 2007, 15:04
....not to mention the Vikings, Ambassadors and Constellations :{