View Full Version : IR

Rico1903
23rd Sep 2007, 17:37
How long do they take to complete?

Thanks.

manfromuncle
23rd Sep 2007, 17:41
Here we go.

JAA, FAA? Full-time? Part-time? In the UK? Abroad? Conversion from ICAO? Single engine? Multi-engine? With type rating? Bristows? PAS? Sim time? Are you booked into a course? Have you any IR experience? Multi-experience? Fixed wing time? Previous sim time?

etc etc...

Rico1903
23rd Sep 2007, 17:50
Full time, having returned to the UK from USA with a shiney new CPL...

manfromuncle
23rd Sep 2007, 18:07
You're best off talking to one of the IR training providers in the UK and telling them your situation. They can advise.

Either way you're looking at the best part of £35,000 and 2 months of work. I beleive there are long waiting lists for IR courses too.

Also see previous threads about the job opportunties for low-hours+IR. If the North Sea don't take you on... what you gonna do?

Rico1903
23rd Sep 2007, 18:23
Thanks for the help.

120torque
24th Sep 2007, 18:15
Does anyone have names / locations of Non UK JAR/IR training providers as I want to be able to compare costs, etc against the UK providers (Bristow, PAS, Bonds) before investing hard earned cash into the conversion. I am happy to post the results when I get them ...

Martin1234
24th Sep 2007, 21:18
Do you mean non UK or non JAR?

120torque wrote "Non UK JAR/IR", Non should refer to what's immedietly written after it, e.g. "UK". If he (or she?) meant non JAR the word "UK" would have been in excess. Therefore, it's "JAR IR with the exclusion of the UK", or basically "Non UK JAR/IR".

Here's the ones I know of:
Proflight Nordic (Sweden)

Arlanda Helicopter (Sweden)

Billund Air Center (Denmark)

Air Alpha (Denmark). I think that they presently only got a very expensive machine (multi engine) to train on for the IR, e.g. conversions only unless € is no object.

Aviation Academy (Romania). They have a very cheap EC155 for IR training. Although I know nothing about them and their homepage seems to be non existent at the moment.

Martin1234
24th Sep 2007, 21:39
Also check out the threads as of following.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=267753

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253462