PDA

View Full Version : Would you date this woman?

GreenKnight121
23rd Sep 2007, 06:51
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/Bager1968/other%20stuff/Personalad.jpg

I would :ok:

Runaway Gun
23rd Sep 2007, 07:42
Is she your sister?

MightyGem
23rd Sep 2007, 08:10
Yes, but I wouldn't want to annoy her!

bad livin'
23rd Sep 2007, 08:12
I think i'm in love.

FATTER GATOR
23rd Sep 2007, 08:45
Something about a belt fed cannon.:ok:

Pontius Navigator
23rd Sep 2007, 10:14
Something about a belt fed cannon.:ok:
She doesn't make you feel inadequate then? :}

aluminium persuader
23rd Sep 2007, 10:19
She's gorgeous! :ok:

zic
23rd Sep 2007, 10:57
Is it me but what is the M-134D in a HH-60G got to do with AC-130s. If you like this try and get the Dillon Calender, heaps better and no pretence with flight suits either.:cool:

228 OCU
23rd Sep 2007, 11:21
Looking at the size of the weapon she is used to, I would have an inferiority complex!

If in doubt BANG OUT.

Navaleye
23rd Sep 2007, 11:35
I'm waiting for the Bikini shots to appear in the tabloids next week ! I'm sure the RAF could come up with something better ! :}:sad::eek:

Airborne Aircrew
23rd Sep 2007, 11:44
She burned the toast... But her eggs were excellent and, fortunately, unfertilized...

charliegolf
23rd Sep 2007, 17:20
Hello VD!;)

Green Flash
23rd Sep 2007, 17:33
Hello Mummy!

buoy15
23rd Sep 2007, 18:16
Bags under the eyes suggest a few sleepless nights - obviously worried about her feed tray stoppage:D
That feed tray stopper is a lucky guy!

Impiger
23rd Sep 2007, 19:09
As that very annoying dog in the car insurance ads might say ..........

Ohhhh Yes :ok:

Faithless
23rd Sep 2007, 19:13
Naaaa:=........She's an ugly old boot :yuk:

P.s She used to fly in Merlins and was called Dave :E

Chukkablade
23rd Sep 2007, 19:14
Thinking of some of the Hippocrockopigs I've shared a duvet in the past, then the answer is a very definate YES:ok:

BEagle
23rd Sep 2007, 19:44
That picture of this delightful young lady was taken about 5 years ago.

Vanessa was the first female aerial gunner in the USAF; unfortunately the photo was used widely across the Internet, together with her name. I sincerely hope that the stone age throwbacks inhabiting goat-crap bespattered caves in god-knows-where-istan aren't on the look out for her.

I just hope that the intervening years haven't exposed her to too many horrors resulting from her President's rash decision to play World Policeman.

Stay safe, Vanessa.

ShyTorque
23rd Sep 2007, 20:09
I don't think I'm the right calibre. Besides, she has the pale blue eyes of a child of the damned. What's more, she's a dead ringer for my daughter. :uhoh:

So I think I'm going to have to turn her down.

What's her mother like? :E

November4
23rd Sep 2007, 20:44
November 2003 Airman (http://www.af.mil/news/airman/1103/gunssb1.html)

A new breed of gunner

As a present day modern aerial gunner, Airman 1st Class Vanessa Dobos has little in common with gunners from World War I. Though Dobos does fire a massive machine gun from the deck of a … well … helicopter, perhaps her greatest distinction is the fact she’s a woman — the Air Force’s first female aerial gunner.

While her job as an enlisted aircrew member on the HH-60 helicopter may be different, Dobos is remarkably similar to her predecessors. She wants to fly.

Unexpected start

Raised in the small town of Valley View, Ohio, her interest in the military was sparked by her father. Described by Dobos as a “history buff,” her dad talked a lot about America’s past heroes while they often watched classic war movies.

“ He instilled in me so much respect for our country’s past heroes,” she said.

Near the end of her senior year in high school, she found herself talking to a recruiter. She told him she wouldn’t consider a job if it wasn’t flying-related.

“ I had no intention of joining,” she said. “I didn’t realize how few enlisted aircrew jobs there were.”

Nothing appealed to Dobos until another recruiter mentioned a career field that had just opened to new recruits — 1A7X1, or aerial gunner.

“ Just the title caught my eye,” she said, and to her parents’ surprise, as well as her own, she signed up that day.

Under pressure

A few months later, Dobos found herself in basic military training and later at the basic aerial gunner course at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M. She was not aware she was on her way to becoming the Air Force’s first female gunner until midway through training.

“ I went from being another airman in the crowd to someone who people would always be watching and analyzing,” she said. “In some ways, I was afraid that people in the helicopter world were already prepared to be disappointed in me. I figured there were some people with hard feelings about a girl in the job. I was determined not to let them down.”

And she didn’t.

As a member of the 66th Rescue Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Dobos “mans” a .50-caliber machine gun aboard an HH-60 Pave Hawk. Her main role is caring for the guns and other defensive systems. However, she’s also responsible for briefing passengers and helping other crewmembers with the weapons, defensive systems, hoist and other equipment.

It’s the job her predecessors from World Wars I and II performed as they flew in their bombers through the flak-filled skies swarming with enemy fighters. It’s the job she’s prepared to perform in her helicopter during combat rescue missions while receiving enemy ground fire and dodging rocket-propelled grenades. But that’s not a reasonable comparison, according to Dobos.

“ I really love my job,” she said. “I enjoy learning about the history of my career field, but I don’t compare myself to gunners from [World Wars I and II]. Those men deserve a lot more credit than I do.”

— 2nd Lt. Chuck Widener

STATLER
23rd Sep 2007, 20:50
I wonder if she strokes the shooter before it fires?

Runaway Gun
23rd Sep 2007, 21:03
I kinda hopes that she reads this, and tracks down some of the more impolite posters... with her Gatling holstered...

soddim
23rd Sep 2007, 22:53
As a chap who also just 'wanted to fly' from an early age I empathise with this young lady. I got luckier and flew fighters but would have settled for just flying if necessary. Good luck to her - she is also beautiful but that it not a reason to detract from what her enthusiasm should mean to those wanabies who use this forum. There are many ways to a flying career and this young lady should be applauded for her motivation.

cargosales
23rd Sep 2007, 23:20
Ooh, she's kind of sexy, scary and PHWOAR all at the same time..

.. wanders off to the corner of the room for a quiet letch .. err I mean drool .. err I mean appreciation of a professional aviator :}

Brian Abraham
24th Sep 2007, 02:02
If the gunner doesnt do it for you, try a 4v4 with this little lot.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/babraham227/g.jpg

Four F-15 Eagle pilots from the 3rd Wing walk to their respective jets at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, on Wednesday, July 5, for the fini flight of Maj. Andrea Misener (far left). To her right are Capt. Jammie Jamieson, Maj. Carey Jones and Capt. Samantha Weeks. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Keith Brown)

Or you could get tanked with this crew.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m56/babraham227/Cockpit--BoxOffice.jpg

The 376th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron flew an all female KC-135 Stratotanker air refueling mission over Afghanistan.The crew, pictured above, starting from the lower left and moving clockwise, was 1st Lieutenant Alison, navigator, Capt. Heather, pilot and aircraft commander, Capt. Waynetta, co-pilot, and Senior Airman Lyndi, boom operator. Between the four of them, they total almost 4,000 flying hours. The event marked the first all-female crew to fly an air refueling mission into Afghanistan from Ganci. Photo credit: Capt. Elizabeth Ortiz.

Kudos to all the gals.

Robert Cooper
24th Sep 2007, 02:28
I'm getting bit old for this, but if move and breathes I'll date it.

Bob C;)

Phil_R
24th Sep 2007, 04:49
God forbid one day a woman will be able to go to work in some non-domestic role and not have a thousand leering faces and pointing fingers going "lookit girly!"

I can't imagine I, had I been born with one less Y chromosome, would be very interested in posing for a "look at us" shot like that. I think it's all rather cheapening.

Phil

shawtarce
24th Sep 2007, 06:41
with a full female crew, how do air traffic get a word in?????

and, yes, I would, if for no other reason than getting the tick....:ok:

bwfg3
24th Sep 2007, 07:17
without mentioning the obvious on the tanker... box office instead of cockpit etc.. waynetta??? isnt she married to wayne and eats pizza.. harry enfield circa 1995?:}

ZH875
24th Sep 2007, 08:36
A female fighter pilot with PMT........

.....Hide bad guys, hide.

Al R
24th Sep 2007, 09:01
Sod that, imagine this. An AT pilot with PMT and a cargo of.. men. :eek:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
24th Sep 2007, 09:35
There is evidence (eg http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-8915448.html ) that women existing in close proximity with each other begin to synchronise their menstrual cycles. Imagine a flight deck where every member of the aircrew has PMT at the same time! I’d rather not.

Wee Jock McPlop
24th Sep 2007, 10:11
I like puppies too!;)

Hat, coat......

bad livin'
24th Sep 2007, 10:32
payment and membership required.

disappointing.

AR1
24th Sep 2007, 11:24
Speaking of Puppies, if those pups are for sale, I'll have the pair with the pink noses..:8

Cuillin
24th Sep 2007, 14:08
And what is wrong with British girls?

(Warning - in some places might be NSFW)

http://www.kathywest.com/pages/kathy_images/020.htm

Op Tastic
24th Sep 2007, 15:36
Would I date her? I would guess Mon 23rd July 2007 is pretty close.

What's the competition? I'll ask her when she comes round for dinner next week.

Rgds

OT

Mark Nine
24th Sep 2007, 16:05
Would I date her? Need to see the size of her arse first :ouch:

MANTHRUST
24th Sep 2007, 20:47
Says she`s not into premature fixed wing guys, so its out with the big chopper again. (Although I`ve not used it for a few years now)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
25th Sep 2007, 03:31
how about this collection (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=46c_1187848390)?

Would it be considered bad form if I had to fight them to purposely let myself get captured?

BEagle
25th Sep 2007, 06:53
Hmmm - bad luck for truckie Air Engineers. There are no ladies in that IDF video clip low enough for their traditional route standards....;)