PDA

View Full Version : A-26 Invader in UK

Shackman
22nd Sep 2007, 13:44
Sorry if this has been aired before, but is there an A-26 wandering around the UK (or possibly en-route Southport) this afternoon? Many years since I last saw one (actually lots at once) but strange engine noise brought me away from painting the ceiling to see a poss. one heading north over Ternhill way.

treadigraph
22nd Sep 2007, 17:24
Most likely the Norwegian one (N167B?) which is over here quite a lot. No others around so far as I know, unless the mythical Cadman Brothers A-26 (it's 20 years since I heard a report of this rebuild!) has at last put in appearance.

One of my absolute favourite types. Such a shame that the Euroworld example was lost so quickly...

BigDan
22nd Sep 2007, 19:34
She took off from Kemble early afternoon. Sorry I don't know where she was headed for.

Simtech
22nd Sep 2007, 19:37
I was on holiday last week. Sitting on the cliffs at Lulworth Cove, I heard the sound of big radial engines and saw what I took to be an Invader flying northbound over the cliffs to the east of the cove. She appeared to be silver overall with a horizontal yellow band (possibly edged with a darker colour) across the fin and rudder.

crap pilot
22nd Sep 2007, 19:38
Its over at Blackpool for the airshow at southport. I dont think that it made it to the show today as i was on frequncy and heared the pilot abandon the take off run due to bad nose wheel shimmy.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
23rd Sep 2007, 07:39
I'd sure love to see it.. Used to work with two out in Tripoli many years ago.. Here's one (sorry for poor quality):
http://www.brendan-mccartney.fotopic.net/p28288344.html

keddzs
23rd Sep 2007, 17:07
I saw this go right over my house going exactly North.
My house would ne about the right distance from kemble for the takeoff and right turn to heading. It was about 2000 feet ASL.
Beautiful sight - never seen one in the air before.:)

Cheers

Dufo
24th Sep 2007, 14:01
http://vanzanten-studios.wehid.com/frr/a26.jpg
this one? shot taken yesterday in Blackfool.

The AvgasDinosaur
24th Sep 2007, 16:07
Quote from treadigraph
Such a shame that the Euroworld example was lost so quickly...
I have never been able to trace a report on that. Not on UK AAIB or US NTSB anyone got any clues please?
Be lucky
David

Shackman
26th Sep 2007, 18:05
Just to say thanks folks - that was what went over and started this thread in the first place.

* * Pertama * *

Germstone
26th Sep 2007, 19:10
this is still stuck at Blackpool with snags if anyone was wanting to get a look

T J Johansen
30th Mar 2008, 02:53
Quote from treadigraph

Quote:
Such a shame that the Euroworld example was lost so quickly...
I have never been able to trace a report on that. Not on UK AAIB or US NTSB anyone got any clues please?
Be lucky
David

I just read on another forum the following about the A-26 report.
The AAIB report is EW/C717 Feb 1981

T J Johansen

JEM60
30th Mar 2008, 06:13
Hi, Treadigraph. Not Norwegian. It belongs to the Swedish Historic Flight.

GBALU53
30th Mar 2008, 07:18
JEM60
The correct tittle is SCANDINAVIAN HISTORIC FLIGHT not Swedish Historic Flight.
The main person behind the Flight is Norwedgian, so someone could get upset if the title was oncorect?:ok:

JEM60
30th Mar 2008, 16:36
Right. Apologies. Shouldnt believe what friends tell me!!