PDA

View Full Version : Photo resizing - PhotoBucket

old,not bold
20th Sep 2007, 22:30
Can anyone help and explain why when I resize photos in Photobucket, by selecting one of the options offered, and then copy the resized images into a pprune post, some go in in the new size and other do not?

EG, I have two which I have resized downwards to "Avatar" size..one appears as a very small picture, and the other remains far too lareg to post.

Help! Please..................

Saab Dastard
20th Sep 2007, 23:26
There's a sticky here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203154

That may be of use.

SD

old,not bold
21st Sep 2007, 11:28
Thanks SD....with BOAC's help I think I've got all that set up about right...the problem I now have is within Photobucket, in that when I'm resizing downwards to suit pprune, sometimes it files the image in the new size, and sometimes the image just reverts to the original size. I'm sure it's a simple piece of finger trouble, but I cannot see where I'm going wrong.

BTW, of the options offered by Photobucket, which is suitable for pprune?

BOAC
21st Sep 2007, 12:58
The link Saab gave you and I know you have read limits the maximum to 800x600, so anything less is ok.

Looking at the options, I would suggest 'Message Board' (640x480) would be ideal.

green granite
21st Sep 2007, 15:06
I use a separate folder for pictures that are going to be posted on a forum, then just resize the picture to the size I want, then do a "save as" to that folder leaving the original untouched. It also simplifies uploading as it always comes from the same place.

old,not bold
21st Sep 2007, 22:55
Thanks one and all

I've tried putting a couple of pics on the Good Looking aircraft thread in History and Nostalgia..both resized to "Message Board" 640X480, but they seem a bit big to me...

I'll work on GG's tip, for which many thanks..

BOAC
22nd Sep 2007, 07:31
o,nb - it is not 'my' forum, but as far as I am concerned the pics look fine.

old,not bold
22nd Sep 2007, 09:07
Al Hamdu li'LLah

Fareastdriver
29th Sep 2007, 02:28
I've been trying for two days. I've printed all the instructions, joined photobucket and all I get is the link to the picture. It has been resized to 600x800, right clicked, properties URL copied, back to post, selected 'insert image' Copied the URL on to it deleting one of the http// and up comes the link again. Remove the URL both ends and up it comes again, with URL missing.
Other people seem to manage it, why can't I?

green granite
29th Sep 2007, 07:03
Fareastdriver If you left click on the tag that says "IMG Code" underneath the image in photobucket then you can paste directly into here without using the "insert image" button.

Fareastdriver
30th Sep 2007, 11:17
I'm trying it now..
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee224/fareastdriver/DSCF0019-1.jpg
Good Heavens, it works. Thanks

Juud
30th Sep 2007, 13:07
old,not bold, a problem I´ve run across a few times as well

Happened to me recently again. Try as I might, the pic would NOT resize on PPRuNe. After a few tries I git so frustrated that I just left the ´big´picture in the post.
Or so I thought.
When I switched from the desktop PC to the iBook though, there the post was, with my picture in the intended SMALL size. :confused:

After giving it some thought, I figured that maybe this has to do with that ubiquitous, mysterious entity called Your Cache.
The very same thing that in the past caused so many problems for people ppruning from computers other than Macs. So much so that the expression "You gotta empty your cache´ became a bit of a pprune-wide joke in days of yore.
Without being in any way qualified to conclude anything at all about computers, I think that maybe the big version of your pic as stored in yuur computer´s cache, is what it calls up whenever you load the post again.

While in reality, the small pic is what is in your post.

Computer people, is that a possible explanation?

BOAC
30th Sep 2007, 14:19
Remember, Juud - you cannot have your cache and eat it too.....

DaveO'Leary
30th Sep 2007, 16:56
1) Upload pic to photobucket.
2) When loaded select 'edit'
3) Then select 'resize'
4) select 640x481 or there abouts.

Dave

old,not bold
1st Oct 2007, 10:15
Lots to try there, thanks to one and all..................

All I've got to do now is find the pic I want to use...it's the inside of the BOAC tent at LHR, taken at the time the film in the Heathrow thread on
AH&N was made. I know it's somewhere in this mess..................