PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Recruitment at TAP

Kemerton
20th Sep 2007, 21:43
I am new to this forum and was wondering if someone has any information with regard's to Pilot recruitment at TAP in portugal such as;

Who to contact in Tap?
Do they have a recruitment department or outsource?
What are there recruitment processes?
What are the entry/minimum requirements?
Pilot Pay Captain/F.O ?P.s Have looked at there website which doesnt seem to have any careers link.

Thanks in advance

trancada
21st Sep 2007, 00:04
Hi Kemerton
TAP is recruting pilots, opened recently a concourse, and will continue to need at least 90 new copilots each year, until 2009.
It will receive the 1st new A330 from factory in November, and an used A320-214, i am not sure if it's from Austrian Airlines.
Next year seems that its going to receive 4 news brand 320 to replace the oldest 320-211's and- 212's.
In the 1st 2 years the copilot salary is around €3700 and €4000, after all taxes, and with extra dutty pay. In the 2nd year they had €500 on the basic salary.
The Captain salary starts around €5500, then depends on the seniority.
You start your carrer allways as copilot, in medium haul, then long haul, then captain in medium haul, then long haul.
In the next , company is planing to expand a lot. Recently, baught PGA-Portugalia Airlines, may be their F100 and EMB145 will be replaced for a better capacity planes.
To apply you must be fluence in portuguese and english. To the foreigners they a portuguese written test.
I believe in Novemver they are going to recruit more pilots, to start on January.
The minimuns are 25 years and 200 h TT maximium 35 years, but 40 years for those with more than 500 FBW airbus, 320,330, 340.
To apply check on TAP web page, www.tap.pt , they have their recruitment department. The recruitment start with an english written test, and an english interview. Then psicometric tests , and some gourp interviews, and individual interview. Then there is a simulator test, if you are type rated, they make some engine failures, and some computer failures ( land in direct law). If you're not experienced on FBW , it 's some IFR flight and some single engine , one is on iddle power. Final interview with with human resources department and flight operations manager.
Good luck

Kemerton
24th Sep 2007, 09:48
Thank you for the above post, with regards to recruitment at TAP.
I am specifically after an email address/contact of someone in flight operations or HR as i have some specific questions.
Thanks in advance :)