PDA

View Full Version : Raf Dissapointment

ricky-wannabe
20th Sep 2007, 17:50
just heard back from the RAF that i've not been accepted as a pilot due to hayfever symptoms, i applied for a repeate prescription last year for my dad save him going through it all, and now i cant apply for pilot or wso or any air crew till 2010.
so dissappointed, as i havent taken medication for past 4 years but on medical records it looks like i have, and now been told i cant do it!
is there any other routes or plans of actions i can take against or to reduce this?
is it possible to train as a gunner or some thing and then train as pilot at a later date or not?

any help availible here would be much apprichiated!

rix

warty99
20th Sep 2007, 18:15
Ricky - I'm not sure what you mean by "applied for a repeat prescripton for your dad" - if it was a prescription drug, it should be on your dad's record, not yours, and if you don't require hayfever drugs, your doctor will not be prescribing you drugs you haven't been diagnosed for.

If you don't have hayfever on your medical records, your doctor can confirm this for you, and if you talk to them, they should be willing to write a letter of appeal.

If you DO have hayfever on your medical records, why is it there? If you went in and pretended to have hayfever in order to get hold of a prescription for someone else ... well ... I'm sorry, but no matter what the circumstances, that doesn't really smack of honesty, integrity, or even common sense - you could try coming clean with the doctor, throwing yourself on their mercy, and then getting their help with an appeal, although they might not be very amused!

For help with the hayfever problem, talk to your doctor. For help with alternative careers, talk to your AFCO - they can advise what options are open to you, if you haven't considered alternatives already.

BYALPHAINDIA
20th Sep 2007, 18:21
Sounds a 'bit' of a trivial excuse to me!

Anyone can get 'hayfever' Pilot or non-pilot!

Are the 'Gods' in Cranwell immune to Hayfever??

All the best for the future.:ok:

Maxibon
20th Sep 2007, 18:23
If its any consolation and it was some 20 years ago, I was turned down for a 6th form scholarship and declared permanently unfit for Aircrew. Instead I went to the FAA and got a bursary as a pilot. Due to a variety of reasons, I gambled on getting into crabair, gave up my Navy place and went back to Biggin Hill. Unfortunately they rumbled my ruse and despite telling me that it was not RAF policy to let anyone fly with hayfever, and Navy policy wasn't the same as RAF policy, I argued so vociferously that they said they'd send me to CME. I went there two weeks later, told them I was allergic to the cat and a month later was presented with my joining instructions for IOT. That said, i was a s**t pilot and was chopped. That said, again, I was a great nav (in my own eyes), but was the grounded on another medical technicality (hayfever unrelated might I add!).

My point is thus. Never give up, there is always some way round. Its my own little Douglas Bader tale, and I am rather proud of it, but it took a lot of manipulation of the truth and dogged determination to get there.

The problem is now that if any OASC assessor (or filthy crab doc) is reading this, you're going to have to come up with a better story than being allergic to the cat.

Bonne chance.:O

Pontius Navigator
20th Sep 2007, 19:07
I think Warty has the size of it.

"When first we practise to deceive, oh what a tangled web we weave."
Ricky really you are stuffed if you do and stuffed if you don't.

You will now have to come up with a cracking reason why you went for your dad's prescription. Nothing to do with an under 18 getting a free-prescription by chance and saving £6.83?

Having convinced the doc that your first story was a lie you are now asking him to believe the second is the truth.

Then you have to go to the RAF and say that you lied.

Sorry Ricky, but there are so many people out there without hayfever, without asthma, who are not known to have lied etc etc.

Your best bet is to shut up, take it on the chin, and come back in 2010.

PS

I checked the NHS website on repeat prescriptions
<<The expectation is that the arrangements will be best suited to patients with chronic conditions which are considered likely to remain stable for the duration of the repeatable prescription.>>

The key word here is chronic and likely to remain stable

You have convinced the doctor one way now that it does not suit your career plan . . .

Art Field
20th Sep 2007, 19:07
I am sorry, ricky-wannabe that the hay fever apparently ruled you out. From previous experience I might feel that there also may have been other reasons, just read through your forum entry as though you were on the selection board and compare it with the replies you have received, punctuation and spelling OK?, thought gone into layout?. Oh and a little research would tell you there have not been aircrew gunners for many a year.

I may have been a little harsh but the competition is fierce so these things matter. Concentrate on the detail and you will best promote your obvious enthusiasm.

Maxibon
20th Sep 2007, 19:49
Whilst at the risk of sounding controversial, the sanctimonious replies by Warty and Pontious astound me.

Think back - getting in to fulfill the dream of a lifetime was everything, or at least it was for me at the age of 19. If getting through the process involved the odd lie to get through the procedure then it strikes me as showing determination, cunning and initiative. To counter your points:

1. It never ceased to amaze me, the number of aircrew who suddenly developed hayfever during flying training.

2. To criticise the chap's spelling smacks of a sanctimonious view that trandscends the very nature of this website. I would be the first to admit that the majority of my flight, including me, were appalling at service writing in IOT but given we were going GD, this was washed over, by and large. I was there to learn and I still get by, albeit in a different service now.

Cut the guy some slack. As aircrew, we are, or have been, members of a privelidged club. Try and encourage others to achieve the standards we did - none of us were perfect, and as my records used to show, I was far from it.

SirToppamHat
20th Sep 2007, 20:02
Ricky

Sorry chap, I am afraid I agree with most of those who have commented. My advice would be to re-apply as an ATC or FC, and serve the time until you can re-apply for pilot. This would enable the RAF to have a long look at you and see that you remain hayfever free for the required period.

If you qualify as a controller, you will be a better pilot for it. If I were assessing your future application, I would see this as demonstrating your commitment.

I am sure there are those who will argue that if you have to fly you have to fly, and the civvy route may well suit you better - on the other hand, I doubt there is any comparison between fast jet mil flying and 'bus-driving' a 737 from Luton to wherever 4-times a week.

STH

blogger
20th Sep 2007, 20:06
Raf Dissapointment

Happens to us all........

And its all Tony's fault.

Safety_Helmut
20th Sep 2007, 20:16
Raf Dissapointment

This is a joke isn't it ? or should it read:

RAF disappointed at general standard of applicants

At least put it right in the thread heading !

S_H

Pontius Navigator
20th Sep 2007, 20:25
Maxibon, you may have got in by fair means or foul. Ricky failed. Ricky lied. Ricky has been caught out.

Now if Ricky tries to correct the lies then he will reveal himself as a liar. He is on a no-win situation. His best bet is to shut up.

Sorry, if might sound sanctimonius but when I joined the aircrew input exceeded 120 per month. Now it is about than 120 per year. Applicants educational qualifications have never been higher. If follows that only the very best will be accepted.

OK, don't shoot me, just quoting a line.:)

BluntM8
20th Sep 2007, 20:27
Are the 'Gods' in Cranwell immune to Hayfever??

Yes.

We get summer colds....

Edited to add: Maxibon, I'm afraid I agree with PN etc. If he want's to get in then he needs to take the delay on the chin, not try to weedle his way in by a back door or technicality.

Maxibon
20th Sep 2007, 20:35
PN

Ricky's lies are Ricky's lies. If he's stuffed it for himself then that's his problem. My argument is and always has been the RAF's attitude to hayfever and the number that got through. I cocked up initially because I admitted I had it at 16 - I had no advice not to say that I didn't back then. If Ricky can find a way through then he has my full support. There are times and places to adapt the truth and trying to get in by denying such a ridiculous allergy is fully acceptable in my books - there are plenty of pills out there to reduce the effects and as I said before, the number of aircrew who suddenly developed it after OASC always amused me. I withdraw my use of the word sanctimonious as I would hate to cause any ill feeling.

As to shooting you, I would not dream of doing such a thing - I now have a gunner to see to that side of the business!;)

BluntM8
20th Sep 2007, 20:41
To digress slightly, surely nitpicking spelling, grammar etc is the purest pleasure this site has to offer?
:E

Pontius Navigator
20th Sep 2007, 20:53
My argument is and always has been the RAF's attitude to hayfever and the number that got through. I cocked up initially because I admitted I had it at 16 - I had no advice not to say that I didn't back then.

As to shooting you, I would not dream of doing such a thing - I now have a gunner to see to that side of the business!;)

Just keep the gun pointing down range, there's a good chap.

As for asthma and hayfever, there I agree with you. Mind you I couldn't spell either when I was at school so it was never a problem :}

A few years ago, several tours in, the SMO gave me a ventiline inhaler. I think it was a new toy and he wanted to see what it would do. I consulted my resident medical expert and I think we left it in a drawer. Too many Docs just seem to try things to get the patient throughput.

Maxibon
20th Sep 2007, 21:14
I would be the first to admit that the docs are not my favourite individuals but that was a long time in the past and I hold no grudge.

The rumour perpetuated that docs were always gunning for aircrew and that I do not believe. To do your (and my former) role, one had to be in outstanding physical nick but there are certain factors that can be ignored or treated, low level asthma and hayfever being examples. If I remember rightly, wasn't it the 43 Sqn JP & JN who were given a practice scramble in Gulf '91 in NBC kit and failed to make it to the jet. Fitness for the job is far more important. We allow contacts and glasses to fly, why not anti histamines.

Yawn..even starting to bore myself now.....

Pontius Navigator
20th Sep 2007, 21:21
We allow contacts and glasses to fly, why not anti histamines......

Its the old old story. If you are less than 100% when you start you will reach the knackered old sh1t stage sooner than someone who starts fit.

Once you have acquired alue to the services then they will provide the prosthetics necessary to get their pint of blood, and avoid disablity pension.

Have you seen the new rules on hearing test results?

ricky-wannabe
20th Sep 2007, 21:41
you know what, i cant be F***ing arsed with half you lot.
i guarentee you give me the right training, ill learn it, and fly any plane u put me in, to the standard or better than anyone else in the group.
you dnt give me the oppertunity, then you lose out on a A1 potential pilot, and my commitment as well as destroy a child hood dream.

i dont come on here to take a patronisination, or to seek guidence on my computer literacy skills........ i come on here to SEEK ADVICE AND HELP in my career!

but seems that theres few un-willing to do this!

it was a repeat prescription for me, as i sufferred for a week and thought it would be sensible, however it seemed to die down while my dad was still suffering, so i gave him my medication to help him!

didnt realise taking from the fortunate and giving to the poor was a moral crime!
think you would be quite happy to give your mum your light bulb if hers blew and it was you getting the sun light through your window, wouldnt you?

you know what, dont bother replying anymore to this post, i dont want to know what you got to say!

Pontius Navigator
20th Sep 2007, 21:44
Oooh, you are awful!

1.4G
20th Sep 2007, 21:46
oohhhhhhhh somebodies got their knickers in a twist. Calm down ricky it might set your sneezing off. Can you explain the light bulb thing please?

i dont come on here to take a patronisinationwell you came to the wrong place then ricky.

Maxibon
20th Sep 2007, 21:57
Ricky

Good name 'wannabe', because that's all you ever will be. T**t.

warty99
20th Sep 2007, 22:05
Ricky

I know you're cross, but:

1) You can't guarantee that you'd be the best pilot;

2) your latest post admits you DO have hayfever on your records because you suffered it yourself - so you lied to us initially, which backs up my point about integrity; and

3) It is very wrong to give someone else your prescription drugs - you never know what the side effects might be,and how they might react on someone else. You could argue that hayfever medicine isn't the same as, say, warfarin - but if you aren't a doctor, it is ALWAYS wrong to pass on prescription drugs to soneone else.

PN made the point that the RAF can pick and choose as they like - medical problems that have the potential to cause difficulties are an easy way to thin out the field; they're looking for the best applicants they can find - which means perfect health, a perfect application, and, of course, applicants who can demostrate the highest standards of integrity, loyalty, honesty ...

If you'd come on here and said "I had hayfever, but haven't had symptoms for years and years, how can I demonstrate that to the RAF?" we might have had some sympathy - but if you start off by lying to us, please don't expect us to try and help you find ways to hoodwink a system which is in place for good reason.

Airborne Aircrew
20th Sep 2007, 22:07
i come on here to SEEK ADVICE AND HELP!

but seems that theres few un-willing to do this!Without being patronizing, (though probably sounding it), but with the benefit of 30 years adult, (ok, I use that term loosely), experience...

That's life son... Not everyone everywhere has your best interests in mind. There are some who are far too tied up in themselves to give a rats arse about you... and there are those that will wait till you ask for help and give you exactly the thing(s) you don't need... Like petrol when you are lying in the gutter on fire...

it was a repeat prescription for me, as i sufferred for a week and thought it would be sensible, however it seemed to die down while my dad was still suffering, so i gave him my medication to help him!

didnt realise taking from the fortunate and giving to the poor was a moral crime!OK... So, you admit to having taken advantage of a prescription for hay fever, (properly diagnosed or not), and, when it seemed to be ok, you gave it to your father. So, by your own words, you felt you had hay fever. You allowed the RAF to know that. Despite your subsequent good intentions and deeds by giving it to your father, (which could have been a very dangerous thing unless he had previously been prescribed the same medicine), you still made the mistake letting the RAF find out about it. You need to be _very_ careful about the words you use in any and every situation - especially where they are documented... They come back to bite you.

i dont come on here to take a patronisination, or to seek guidence on my computer literacy skills........ i come on here to SEEK ADVICE AND HELP in my career!I'm in two minds on this. Yes, you need to know and practice proper language... But no, these people who consistently pick people like yourself up on spelling and grammar should probably get a life... Having said that, when hiring, if I find a spelling mistake or grammar mistake in your cover letter or CV you won't get an interview - But I manage computer systems and, if you can't work your spell/grammar checker, you can't manage my systems

You made a mistake, it won't be your last... The sign of an adult is that you can make the mistake and accept the consequences...

you know what, dont bother replying anymore to this post, i dont want to know what you got to say!All you need to do now is stamp your little feet and I'll be convinced you are a girl... Grow up!

PS: If you are thinking about picking me up on any spellings please, before you pipe up, make sure it isn't the American spelling I used... I've been here 20 years and I'm fed up of having my English underlined by my American computer... :p

WeeMan18
20th Sep 2007, 22:12
Attitude - Low Average

Stretch182
20th Sep 2007, 22:25
"PS: If you are thinking about picking me up on any spellings please, before you pipe up, make sure it isn't the American spelling I used... I've been here 20 years and I'm fed up of having my English underlined by my American computer... :p"

Agree with all the sentiments expressed, but can't resist this one:
- Should it not read "I'm fed up with having my English..."

Coat, get, etc
Stretch

Airborne Aircrew
20th Sep 2007, 22:29
Agree with all the sentiments expressed, but can't resist this one:
- Should it not read "I'm fed up with having my English..."

I've pre-paid the taxi... :p

craigJ
20th Sep 2007, 23:06
Ricky,

Having very recently gone through the exact same thing, I think I shall add my tupence ;).

Having wanted to be a military pilot since I've been able to comprehend what a job is, I went to apply directly after my A levels... to cut a long story short, I was honest, and despite no medical history of hay fever, I said I had suffered from symptoms (i.e. sneezing, don't know whether it was hay fever or not). Despite sending a doctors note up too Cranwell explaining that my medical records were clean; I too have been declared unfit for aircrew until 2010.

I know exactly how you feel, for me it was worse than when I lost a close relative a few years back... I felt destroyed (and incredibly stupid for mentioning it). Pick yourself up from it fella!... currently I'm deciding what to do next. I've been accepted to start a History degree next year, which I may well change to a BEng or BSc in Aeronautical engineering. Alternate to that, I am considering going forward for selection as a Rock officer, and looking at getting a transfer to pilot at a later date. Though I do not know how feasible this is.

You are the same age as me, cut off for RAF pilot is 24 to start IOT, and 26 to start RMAS for AAC. That leaves a fair few years to work with. Looked at Universities? As my boxing coaches say 'take it on the chin and crack on'... what the RAF docs have said, perhaps seems silly to the both of us. However, there's 'nowt' we can do about it other than make sure that we are better prepared and determined when we do get an opportunity to go for it :).

I've deliberately not put this in a PM, any advice or criticism on my post/situation is welcome :}.

RobinXe
21st Sep 2007, 01:39
I know which one I'd rather serve with! :}

Green Flash
21st Sep 2007, 01:47
RobinXe - bang on!
Ricky, compare your post to craigJ's and then go and have a quick personal debrief. Life is a bitch, and then you die.

airborne_artist
21st Sep 2007, 05:45
So you are a wheezy boy who can't spell/write too well, and who gives prescribed drugs to others.

Which part of the RAF do you think will benefit from your talents?

Duckandcover
21st Sep 2007, 07:42
These threads are like a stuck record.

I've lost count of the number of enquiries like these over the time the board has existed and ultimately this has led to the "Joining the RAF" sticky, which is clearly still beyond some people.

If I was a mod on this board I'd be banning Wannabes. This is perhaps a little harsh and would deny some of you the sport of replying, however there are only ever going to be more of them. When I was about 9-years old I cut out the coupon from the sunday magazine and applied to join the Royal Navy :ugh:. Fair play to them, I got a response, but as your average kid becomes even more I.T literate you will find yourselves entertaining wannabe enquiries from ten year olds.

You do your respective services proud in replying, but some of them, FFS, the answers to their questions are all out there and it doesn't matter what they pick up through flirting with their future on here, it won't help. Use your initiative!!!!!

Yours bitter and twisted, rolling out the wrong side of bed.

Duckandcover.

BEagle
21st Sep 2007, 07:57
"is it possible to train as a gunner or some thing and then train as pilot at a later date or not?"

There is no basic reason why, if you join the RAF Regiment in 'the ranks' as a Gunner, you should not eventually apply for commissioning and pilot training. Provided, that is, you pass selection for the Regiment in the first place. See http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/rafregimentgunner.cfm

Arters, actually I think you'll find that there are quite a few door gunners on SH aircraft these days.

heading is good
21st Sep 2007, 08:21
Although I have some sympathy for your situation, it may also help if you spell-checked your initial input as it does not give the impression of someone who concentrates on attention to detail.....useful for aircrew? :=

PingDit
21st Sep 2007, 08:25
CraigJ,

Sorry to hear of your recent disappointment. However, with the sound thought process you appear to demonstrate, I'm sure you will eventually succeed in your quest. Good luck.

Ricky,

Decide what you want to do. Is your major objective to fly, or to fly in the RAF in particular? If it's simply to fly, go civvy. If it's only with the RAF, join the Regiment as a gunner and then re-muster in 2010. Good luck.

Pontius Navigator
21st Sep 2007, 10:26
These threads are like a stuck record.

I've lost count of the number of enquiries like these over the time the board has existed and ultimately this has led to the "Joining the RAF" sticky, which is clearly still beyond some people.

If I was a mod on this board I'd be banning Wannabes. This is perhaps a little harsh and would deny some of you the sport of replying, however there are only ever going to be more of them. When I was about 9-years old I cut out the coupon from the sunday magazine and applied to join the Royal Navy :ugh:. Fair play to them, I got a response, but as your average kid becomes even more I.T literate you will find yourselves entertaining wannabe enquiries from ten year olds.

You do your respective services proud in replying, but some of them, FFS, the answers to their questions are all out there and it doesn't matter what they pick up through flirting with their future on here, it won't help. Use your initiative!!!!!

Yours bitter and twisted, rolling out the wrong side of bed.

Duckandcover.

Duck and Cover, harsh but true. Maybe too harsh. Things have moved on. I don't believe there was such a thing as a Sunday magazine when I applied. The sift was simple - Daily Telegraph - officers - Daily Express (broadsheet) - aircrew - Daily Mirror - airmen.

Now we have the internet, Google and instant satisfaction, although Google seems beyond comprehension by many, unless that is how they find pprune in the first place.

deny some of you the sport of replying I would say the majority of replies are in a positive light. To some they may appear cruel, spiteful, and unhelpful but that is the real world. Others seem to learn from the initial harsh (?) banter and become active and useful contributors even.

As for enquires from 10 year olds, it still happens. Dads arrive, 10 year old in tow (or the other way around). The advice is always the same - work hard get your GCSEs. It may be obvious but coming from an RAF officer may just be the spur they need.

BluntM8
21st Sep 2007, 10:53
How many times have we seen a brat come on here to gripe about a medical/recruitment problem, get given advice they didn't want to hear then throw their teddies out of the pram? Ricky-wantsaslap is just the latest example of a sad trend.

Why can't people accept that not every piece of advice they get given will be pleasing to hear? After all, a typical debrief in training isn't exactly a hug-fest...

Rainboe
21st Sep 2007, 11:09
This makes such depressing reading, but not for the obvious reasons. One has to be so politically correct these days. People get offended if contributors here are told by someone they have appalling literacy, and maybe it was not a sensible or honest thing to do to lie about minor savings in prescriptions and then try and lie out of the situation. But that is the way it is now- at least it wasn't 'text speak'! Ricky has been told 'not now, try later'. I would have thought this gave him, if he is as dedicated as he claims, to put down the Playstation and enrol in extra classes in English literacy and perhaps Maths, and rather than expect it all to fall into his lap, do all he can to correct his shortfalls, whether he perceives them now or not, and give himself the best chance next time around. It all depends on dedication. But I have been quite appalled at standards and unreasonable expectations here.

Do people understand at school that eventually semi-literacy will not be acceptable for advancement? That serious advice from your betters should be carefully absorbed, and it might not be an adequate reaction to throw a tantrum and get abusive?

Airborne Aircrew
21st Sep 2007, 12:27
After all, a typical debrief in training isn't exactly a hug-fest...Mine were... But I put that down to having been "debriefed" by Rock SNCO's during my Basic Gunner Course... :p

One has to be so politically correct these days.Actually, one doesn't have to be politically correct. However, so many people, (most of whom don't wish to have to be PC but are too scared not to be), will castigate you if you aren't that many don't have nerve, (or the time to defend themselves against the blind hatred that results from the noisy but stupid few), to go ahead and say what they mean... (I, of course, don't seem to suffer from that disability... :E ).

at least it wasn't 'text speak'!I disagree. Text speak is a deliberate misspelling of the word for the purpose of brevity and to save money in some cases. Consistent misspelling when not for the purpose of brevity is ignorance and does need to be pointed out. In either case, other than the usual abbreviations, a forum such as this is not the place for brevity or text speak. In your own way you just lowered the standards yourself by "allowing" misspelling on the basis that it was not annoying to you, (and others - myself included), rather than condemning both as being inappropriate to the venue.

do all he can to correct his shortfalls, whether he perceives them now or notUnfortunately, the reality of youth is that they have no shortfalls. I clearly recall being a mental giant, with a physique that was the envy of the world, Fabio-like good looks and simply oozing charm... (and that was just last week... I was worse when I was young... :D ). It's also easier to pretend you are learning "vital skills" on that Playstation than to do silly things like study. Come on now, who needs maths to fly? Your instruments tell you all you need to know... :ok:

Do people understand at school that eventually semi-literacy will not be acceptable for advancement?The problem you are missing in that statement is that it is the teachers and the school administrators that are failing to see this... The students will only raise themselves to the standards those above them expect of them.

PS Rainboe: I'm not picking on you... Your post just gave me some "rant material"... :)

spoff
21st Sep 2007, 12:47
You're all wrong, I reckon the kid has promise. At least he's got some spunk, certainly told you lot where to get off.

When exactly did you need a degree in English to be a Fighter Pilot, some of the best I worked with were as thick as I was. AND if he can lie he might be half decent at spoof!

Give the cub a break...

RobinXe
21st Sep 2007, 15:14
at least it wasn't 'text speak'!

I actually don't see how its necessarily any different or worse than trying to wade through all the TLAs in a JSP, TGO, or FOB.

TTFN! :}

rafmatt
21st Sep 2007, 16:40
hey bruv life is unfair accept it.
I wanted to be a fighter pilot in the RAF since i was little but i had glasses so that was a no go for me.

when i found that out from the AFCO i was to be honest gutted.
from then on fooked around at school didn't really apply myself.
done crap on my exams and basicly fooked things up.

really should have done better i could have been a wsop or a loadie.
but now im a painter in the RAF. Not all that bad currently remustering to squipper.

so just because you couldn't be a pilot now tough luck son there's always 2010 you will be only 20!

so don't come on here moaning about it at least you have a chance of being a pilot! there is plenty of people who would love to be one and can't.
and by the way people who say they can be the best at anything usually fail!

:}

samuraimatt
21st Sep 2007, 16:52
i could have been a wsop or a loadie.

Aren't they the same thing?

Pontius Navigator
21st Sep 2007, 16:55
Aren't they the same thing?

WB Matt, indeed they are, but if you looked to see where rafmatt comes from you would see that loadies will be pretty thin on the ground.

And really is an ALM really a WSOp, if you see what I mean?

Indeed how many AEOps/ALMs have rebadged to WSOp?

rafmatt
21st Sep 2007, 16:55
I dont know
suppose one shoots one boots

need shoes painting £4 a pair
but better hurry painter trade closes soon

Unchecked
21st Sep 2007, 16:57
Loadies pre- Wsop introduction = Loadies

Loadies post-Wsop introduction = WSOp (Crewman) (Fixed Wing)

*phew* ;)

samuraimatt
21st Sep 2007, 16:59
Indeed how many AEOps/ALMs have rebadged to WSOp?

How many Navs have re-badged to WSO?

rafmatt
21st Sep 2007, 17:06
I don't know if its the fumes but i have no idea what you lot are on about
:8
who's a wasp?
:ok:

Rainboe
21st Sep 2007, 17:39
I was thinking they'd all been breathing OPs (Organo-phosphates)! Still as long as they don't start enjoying it, who are we to complain?

I get the feeling that there was a bit of a reaction to the word 'No!' from on high. It seems to be apparent that youngsters never ever hear the word 'No!' and can't handle rejection. Maybe it was an older generation thing where 'No, you cannot have a banana, they're rationed, and no chocolate till Friday!' meant that rejection and no were handled so much better. This was only 'Not yet!' and look at the 'toys throwing, prams out of, for the use of!'! This wasn't even full rejection, but I have no hopes that this gift of extra time will not be wasted on Playstation as opposed to remedial education. It is certainly a case of 'I want it, and I want it now!, and GHY (God Help You) if I don't get it!'

I wish the young man all the luck, next time around, that he can make for himself, after improving English, possibly maths, Ethics and maturity. If there is any advice I would profer, it would be: don't waste time lounging around 'waiting', eating KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) and shooting Playstation- there is no time to be lost- any time spent of self improvement will be like gold to him. I hope the lesson is not lost and the damage permanent- but it's a character thing mostly. He can still come out of this with his ambition satisfied, and as a well educated, honest young man.

1.4G
21st Sep 2007, 18:13
I wish the young man all the luck, next time around

I don't. Lets hope he not only ends up eating KFC's, but actually ends up getting a job cleaning the toilets in his local KFC restaurant. :ok: