PDA

View Full Version : Atr/dash 8 T/r

blueskiesup
20th Sep 2007, 16:46
Thinking of doing either the ATR or Dash 8 rating. Despite Flybe prefering intergrated/one-stop modular guys, would they welcome a non one-stop modular(38 year old) guy who's gone and done his own rating, i know ATR operators would be ok with it. Plus, has anyone heard of Scandinavian Aviation Academy (dash TRTO) ?.

Please don't let this decend into a "don't do it" thread.

MIKECR
20th Sep 2007, 20:34
Why dont you phone Flybe head honcho's and ask?

camel toe
21st Sep 2007, 15:42
The impression I got from Flybe was that they preferred low houred pilots to do the bonded type rating with them as that way you are learning their SOP's while doing it.

I don’t think it would hinder you as such, but I also don’t believe you would become more appealing to them.

Give them a quick call though to discuss.

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande?"

blueskiesup
21st Sep 2007, 16:03
I figured i'd get some feedback from anyone who's in the same situation before hand.

blueskiesup
21st Sep 2007, 16:05
cheers camel toe

MVE
24th Sep 2007, 18:46
Flybe would be interested in you with a Dash T/R and lots of hours but a self funded rating with no experience would be of almost no use to you at Flybe, you will have to do our rating and course in order to comply with our sop's etc. As to your comment about 'don't do it' thread, I suggest you spend your money on an instructors rating before the T/R. If you must go for a T/R, there must be better ratings to choose from surely?

blueskiesup
24th Sep 2007, 19:59
Cheers MVE for your input, i've only toyed with the Dash thought, i've figured on doing a t/p rating as it'll leave both jet and t/p doors open. As for the instructor comment, i've had a rating for a while now, and do it part-time. I'm on the waiting list at ATR in toulouse,most ATR operators don't expect you to have done "one of their" courses, so who knows.

MVE
24th Sep 2007, 21:05
Hi blueskiesup, out of interest, I got picked up after 2.5 years of instructing both part and full time and only then after gaining about 400 hours twin teaching.
All the best.....

blueskiesup
25th Sep 2007, 19:32
Hi MVE,

I've been doing instruction for a tad over 2.5 years(in the uk), got 950hrs(mainly SEP). The job i'm doing at the moment pays v.well, enough to pay for most of a rating without the hassle of a loan,so i'm kind of holding out for that,unless a miracle happens and i get picked-up.
Cheers for your meesage.

blueskiesup
26th Sep 2007, 15:59
Hey Camel,

I'm waiting for the nod from ATR at Toulouse(them because i work in toulouse) for my start date. Having the ATR under the belt might open a few doors(Aer Arann, Air contractors, Aurigny etc), i have read the threads about Aurigny also, so i kind of take them all with a bag of salt.

Chees for your input,

Blue

liftman
26th Sep 2007, 16:47
...I have the same problem and looking for the Atr...

any idea where to do transition course at reasonable price?

Tks

blueskiesup
27th Sep 2007, 16:48
Hey Liftman,

If you want the email address of the admin lady at ATR in Toulouse, then i can give it to you.

Blue