PDA

View Full Version : Google Cash Machine

19th Sep 2007, 21:40
Would be most grateful for help with automatically deleting emails (as they arrive) from something called 'Google Cash Machine'.

I've tried setting up rules (Microsoft Outlook) but they seem to get past!.

Many thanks

Cron.

Saab Dastard
19th Sep 2007, 23:15
Outlook or Outlook Express?

20th Sep 2007, 09:40
Thanks S, it's Outlook, not Outlook Express.

Regards

Tarq57
20th Sep 2007, 10:37
You could try reporting it as spam to your ISP. I'm guessing you didn't subscribe or in other ways reveal your email address to this scam merchant? (Scam is what google says about it when searched.) (ironic, really.)

Saab Dastard
20th Sep 2007, 17:31
I use OE at home for internet mail, and Outlook (2003) at work.

On my Outlook client, it is configured to use an Exchange Server, so I suspect that there would be some differences in the rules that can be set up.

But Outlook has both client and server-side rules. Assuming that only client-side rules are appropriate in your case, you need to define and configure the rule, then apply it. When I do so, my Inbox is Microsoft Exchange Server - I assume that your inbox points to that associated with your mail account?

You should be able to test by "Running Now" in the appropriate folder.

SD

21st Sep 2007, 20:36
Thanks S, I'm client side rules only. Right clicking and selecting 'add sender to blocked sender list' doesn't work because O'look can't find an email address.

The rule I susequently set up first deleted everything in my inbox and then came up with an error. Looks like they thought of everything. I'll keep trying (somebody send me an email with 'Google Cash Machine' as the title).

Regards

Saab Dastard
21st Sep 2007, 23:11
Surely you can create a rule with "Google Cash Machine" in the subject by yourself?

And I know your name isn't Shirley...

SD

21st Sep 2007, 23:26
Your are Shirley right S.

I should of thought of that. I'll do more experiments and report back.

Regards

Cron.