PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brown, Breighton Airfield

VeeAny
19th Sep 2007, 17:52
Sorry if this is seen as doubling up on a thread, but as someone who rarely wanders out of Rotorheads when visiting PPrune, I just thought it appropriate to post on Rotorheads a link to the thread about the Hurricane crash at the Shoreham Airshow 2007.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=292247

The pilot Brian Brown, was well known to quite a few of us as the airfield manager at Breighton in Yorkshire.

As I am sure you will see he was always very accommodating to us helicopter types.

GS

FlyerFoto
19th Sep 2007, 18:44
Very sorry to hear this, having met Brian on a few occasions.

I must admit, I hadn't really been following the Hurricane thread, so hadn't realised which machine it was.

I'm sure he will be sadly missed at Breighton, one of my favourite local airfields before I moved away from civilisation!

Curtis E Carr
19th Sep 2007, 21:09
Spent many days based at Breighton whilst carrying out survey work. Brian was always very accomodating and showed me round the hangars with some wonderful aircraft.

Breighton, for the time being at least, will be a colder place.

md 600 driver
20th Sep 2007, 06:17
Brian was also a helicopter pilot he flew r22,206,allouette 11,alouette 111 and my Hiller 12c , MD600 ,Enstrom 480, and Gazelles

and maybe others !

you could not wish to find a better man. he will me missed by all

steve

EESDL
20th Sep 2007, 07:01
A great loss!
Who else is going to tell me to;
"get that bloody ****ty vest (dayglo) off my airfield!"

He had managed to see a corner hanging out of my flight bag - ready to wave at someone if required..........

Condolences...........

FlyerFoto
20th Sep 2007, 07:34
"get that bloody ****ty vest (dayglo) off my airfield!"

That sounds about right - I remember putting mine away very quickly the first time I went there taking pics!

md 600 driver
20th Sep 2007, 17:14
the funeral is on wednesday the 26th