PDA

View Full Version : Potential UK Flight Dispatcher

richy25uk
19th Sep 2007, 14:17
Hello There
I am seeking the FAA approved dispatches licsence with a view to work in the UK. As I understand the Licsence is legally required in the states but the UK operators just have to train up people themselves. I am willing to do the 6 week course in the states as a training / holiday thing, does anyone know of the best/affordable place? Other than that are there any sponsorship/training dispatch opportunities in the UK? I am really keen on the job but it seems vacancies are much more limited in the UK. 1 already heve a degree in air travel management but no practical experience at an airport.
kind regards
rich

Chopper69
20th Sep 2007, 18:38
Hi Rich

Qualifications not required in the UK, however interview process with most Airlines is fairly intensive covering not only experience, but attitude. An old saying is that you can teach people systems, but you can't teach them attitude and in a lot of cases that is true. There are few Airlines recruiting now and coupled with the combination of First Choice and TUI (I'd rather say Britannia!), the opportunities are becoming less and less. Getting a job in a handling agent traffic environment( I avoid the use of the word 'dispatcher' to save another debate kicking off!) would give you a good grounding in an Aviation environment, which could lead further because some Airlines view that as a positive.

Chopper

kippax
29th Sep 2007, 02:14
Hi Rich

Sheffield School of Aeronautics are the best school to use for your Dispatch Licence

Most airlines are sending their own Ops/Dispatchers to Sheffield, certainly Easyjet, MyTravel, Thomas Cook and TUI use them

Note - airlines are now looking for people with an FAA Licence, so if you have one, this will place you in a better position then someone from Servisair / Swissport etc

Give them a try!

Cheers

KP

JRC
15th Oct 2007, 11:32
hey
Rich,
you can do the Jeppesen dispatch course in Europe, and then you go 10 days to the ?USA for the oral exam.
Cheers