PDA

View Full Version : unidentified aircraft at Bristol, wed 12th

crackling jet
19th Sep 2007, 07:21
A white DC9, possibly a C9 Nightingale landed at 01.30 hrs and departed later in the morning, it was parked on the far side of western apron. as i say it was all white with a narrow black cheatline the same thickness as the cabin windows running the length of the a/c, with a thin gold/yellow band at the bottom of the cheatline.

There no national ID marks, the only things on the a/c were the numbers 9119 on the verticle stabiliser and 119 on the nose below cockpit windows, anyone know what it is/was or should i not ask

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Sep 2007, 07:46
Don't see why you shouldn't ask. Whether you get a sensible reply is questionable!
I immediately went to Plane Pictures and found this:
http://www.planepictures.net/netsearch4.cgi?stype=reg&srng=4&srch=9119&offset=0&range=25

All I can say is I'm dead envious!!

clifftop
19th Sep 2007, 09:23
Oh dear, that is worrying isn't it!:eek:

I mean, if a simple ATCO can do THAT with Photoshop, where will it end?

John Prescot could be made handsome and 6 stones lighter... No, no, silly me, not even an ATCO could do that!:p;)

FlyerFoto
19th Sep 2007, 10:20
John Prescot could be made handsome and 6 stones lighter

Theoretically possible in Photoshop, but you'd need a helluva lot of RAM to process that amount of information! :eek:

redfield
19th Sep 2007, 20:49
US Navy C9 159119 overnight stop with twenty-odd pax from and to Brize Norton. made for an interesting sight on the W apron, it was parked right behind the Yak42 RA42424 that brought in some oil people.