PDA

View Full Version : A question for Air Asia Pilots

ACMS
18th Sep 2007, 03:59
Would Air Asia Pilots care to answer why you guys never move up to the holding point line in KL?
Every time I taxi out behind you guys you stop a good 40 feet short of the holding point line and block the taxiway behind you, this might be ok if you were at the full length but it occurs when you use intersection departures and you block the main taxiway.
Please move up to the line, there is no reason not to.
You can stop with your radome 1 inch short of the line and that is OK.
It happens everytime I go through KL and it really annoys me, how's about you start thinking about other people too.
Rant over.

casio man
18th Sep 2007, 04:57
I will second that rant from ACMS. Have been stuck behind an Air Asia aircraft more times then i care to remember.

And never a sorry word...

Left Wing
18th Sep 2007, 05:29
they are worried.... one their own landing aircraft will take em out if they come closer to the holding point line ......

ACMS
18th Sep 2007, 09:21
Sad but probably true.:uhoh:

there was a great line in the famous movie "the Battle of Britain" after a novice Pilot tried to land his Spitfire with the gear up.........."you could teach Monkeys to fly better than that"..........

Something about paying peanuts springs to mind too:ok:

ACMS
19th Sep 2007, 10:47
I guess Air Asia Pilot's are too busy flying to read Pprune? or are they embarrassed at their lack of manners or airmanship?

ACMS
20th Sep 2007, 13:36
Ok so not one Air Asia Pilot would care to explain why they do it.
So, effective immediately:
To: All Air Asia crew on the A320 and 737
You are hereby requested to stop your Aircraft at the holding point line, and not to stop 40 feet behind it.

Thanks

Brianigham
20th Sep 2007, 18:11
:OAmen to that bro.

ACMS
23rd Sep 2007, 12:10
Any Air Asia Pilot's??????????????

Any at all???????????????????

Gee you must be a busy lot.:D

kwaiyai
24th Sep 2007, 16:42
Interesting stuff, Must be something new at KL cos never saw it anywhere else I operate where they also do.
I notice though that recently 2 Thai Air Asia ahead of me seem to start takeoff run while and before the Pilot not Flying had finished reading back the Take Off clearance :=

ACMS
25th Sep 2007, 05:25
I don't seem to bump into Air Asia in any other place but they probably do it everywhere.

I saw a Thai Air Asia in Sing call for Taxi whilst starting number 2 with the ground engineer still connected!! Now that was an interesting minute watching to see if he started to taxi or not:=

He'll get it wrong one day and run over the poor engineer.

tut tut

kwaiyai
25th Sep 2007, 05:58
Seen that too now you remind me. I think they are hoping ATC will hold up everyone for them so they get to the holdin point 1st or something:confused:, Seen it before and got the "Tee Shirt":=

MAS Guy
25th Sep 2007, 14:14
Becoming like SQ

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
27th Sep 2007, 06:54
These airasia JACOONS are always blocking the taxiways and forever conducting non standard track shortening within the TMA that they have become a safety hazard to the rest of us. Now the fools in ATC KLIA think that heavies can join a 7 mile final while making a steep turn. NOW WONDER AIRASIA X failed their safty audit at BNE.

Buck up you airasia jackoons and follow the rules.

Wooblah.

Mat Tongkang
27th Sep 2007, 07:39
Aiya guys, these jacoons make the sikit kampung MAS and SQ blokes look good!

Brianigham
27th Sep 2007, 23:35
mas guy wrote
Becoming like SQ
bro......thats very far from the truth la. maybe can reconsider la....unless its a joke about the kiasu thing la. But operationally hmmm.

Did they fail the audit in BNE ? ( must be a "non pilot" issue )

Hmmn interesting. How bout the audits back here in KUL ?

But then again....I am pushing the envelope here.( mine at least ). No malice to our brothers at the side of them joysticks.

I am sure we would all find each others company quite good with the "right settings" and after a few sips of good brew!

veloo maniam
1st Oct 2007, 08:49
Dear Captain..call me when u r free. I want to bless u with a dinner and pray for your well-being and your family members.

flightleader
1st Oct 2007, 09:55
The line pilots on AAsia is too busy flying,no proper FTL,rest requirements.While on the other hand,AAsia cadets show up at internet cafes in full uniform including epaulettes,wings and ties at the airport town of Nilai usually in a convoy 3~4 cars during lunch break to hit on the online games like "World of Kungfu".It is such a common sight that they draw no attention of the college girls even when 10 or 15 of them walking together.

When they say "Now everyone can fly", they were infact refering to the people in the cockpit!:ugh:

kwaiyai
5th Oct 2007, 15:26
ACMS, I retract my last about KLIA, Thai Asia did the same to us today at a Major Intl Airport, at least 40 feet. I will leave the rest to you to work out which one :*
I allready no this one but who cares to tell me the Min wake sep for a 73 t.off behind a 74/400? :=

Fair.Pilot
5th Oct 2007, 16:43
Well said Mr.Veloo.... you truly deserve my SALUTE!

Have been following this thread, many inputs from fellow pilots... but

"Many Are Officers but None Is Gentleman!"

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
6th Oct 2007, 12:07
Dear Veloo,

I believe that would be commonly referred to as the royal salute.

And Fair pilot which pound did they let you out off.

I reiterate the point in question. airasia do constantly block taxiways, hence the following posts. And, ATC KUL does have a big problem as the left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. The flow control is atrocious as control, approach Nth/Sth to tower are in the dark. They seem to think that they are in a dense traffic environment when in fact the amount of traffic into KLIA is minimal when compared to FRA/AMS/LHR/JFK etc.

Perhaps instead of Teh Tarik experiments in space the government could better spend taxpayers money on sending the controllers overseas for some training and exposure in the real world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooblah

ACMS
6th Oct 2007, 15:25
Wake turb separation should be 2 mins, unless the following a/c uses an intersection then it's 3 mins. ( or at least this is what they used to be )

Why? Did Air Asia not bother to wait? big surprise there!!:=

llchew
7th Oct 2007, 09:59
Wooblah,
I have read your posts and you come across as a “semua tahu” kind of guy. You describe KLIA ATC as “fools”, other pilots as “jackoons” or “brainless twits”.
I am a lowly tin-pusher – been doing this for over 30 years mostly at Subang ACC. Over this period I have had the opportunity to work in a procedural environment, primary radar, back to procedural when the centre and radar station caught fire, back to radar using a military transportable radar operating in the middle of nowhere to the present where the equipment is pretty neat. I have witnessed heavies joining finals at less than 7 miles while doing a visual approach, seen heavies making approaches for Rwy 33 Subang crossing KL beacon at 4000 instead of 2400.
I also have had the good fortune to sit on the jump seat on all the aircraft MAS operates and in a couple of foreign carriers. I was on the jump seat on one of the last flights into Kai Tak doing the checkerboard IGS approach. I have visited a number of ATC outfits outside Malaysia.
Do KLIA controllers think heavies can do a steep turn at 7 miles? It is a moot point as ATC at Subang ACC handling KLIA arrivals will not instruct an aircraft to such a manoeuvre. We will only clear you for a visual approach – you do the rest. If you are under radar vectors for the ILS, we aim for 10 miles not 7 miles and the intercept angle is between 30 – 45 degrees, not too steep – pretty standard.
I do not doubt you have flown all over. So when you say that KLIA is not as busy as the airports you mentioned, I totally agree with you. We are under no illusions that we are or ever going to be as busy as those airports. During the recent single runway operations at KLIA, our busiest hour only saw 36 – 39 movements per hour, nowhere near those busy single runway airports. Hey, that is cool with us. We can only deliver what we can without infringing on the rules, procedures we have in place. Along the way, some of us add in a mile here or there to cover the housing loan or car loan not fully paid yet.
But when you say that the flow into KLIA is atrocious, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, the en-route, approach North and South and KLIA Tower controllers are in the dark and that we should go out and see how the real world operates, I assume you have visited numerous ATC outfits including the ones at Subang and KLIA.
If you had visited us then you would know the following:
- KLIA Twr has a radar monitor that shows all arrivals, complete with callsign, speed and altitude;
- Approach North and South each has a Surface Movement Radar monitor that shows movements on the taxiways and the holding points;
- The FLOW controller sets the landing rate based on a variety of factors and these instructions are transmitted to the en-route controllers. Unfortunately, the FLOW sometimes get screwed up because some pilots think leaving the holding pattern two minutes late has no impact on the flow and yes, controllers adding more than one mile extra. Then there is the weather that causes unplanned for deviations.
We operate “in the dark”? I think not. I think you are the one in the dark but, unfortunately, had the audacity to sweepingly paint us in a bad light in one big bold stroke with uncalled for adjectives (Fair. Pilot – I like your comments about officers and gentlemen) when the subject was really about suspect airmanship blocking the taxiway.
Visit us – this invitation has no expiry date! Veloo will throw in the dinner, I will throw in the drinks.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
7th Oct 2007, 13:02
Dear Chew,

I commend you and your colleagues at KUL ATC on your esprit de corps, tenacity and loyalty to one another. There is no doubt that you have vast experience in the field of Tin Pushing (great movie) but with the modern equipment you have in hand especially the surface movement control radar you guys already know that airasia is blocking the taxiways.

Secondly I take offence that you refer to yourself as a " lowly tin pusher " You are responsible for the safety of us and our passengers. Additionally good flow control saves fuel and ultimately our jobs.

The advent of low cost carriers has seen a change in the way approaches are conducted at KLIA. LCC's have a 25min turnaround time and this usually gets them behind schedule so they are usually rushing around trying to cut corners. They are willing to deploy speed brakes for extended periods of time exposing their guests to a constant buffet. Some airlines place the comfort of their valued passengers at the top of the list. I have seen them diving like JU 87's and joining finals quite close in. In my 30 years of flying I do not consider this an acceptable practise. I also find it rather disconcerting that you feel that your responsibility as a controller is alleviated once you have cleared an aircraft for a visual approach. I do not consider an approach 1600 ft high on a 45deg intercept angle at 7 miles an acceptable practise. Nor do I think a pilot that pulls one off outside the envelope should be considered skillful by controllers. When Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters etc are encapsuled within the fuselage that is in my mind serious business and should be treated with the upmost respect, caution and safety. Hence my reference to Jacoons. (no reference made to brainless twits)

In the trips I have flown into KLIA. I have been told at TOD (Top of descent)to slow to minimum speed. Only to be told to speed up to max upon handover to the next sector. This is quite common hence my reference to the right hand not knowing what the left is doing and being in the dark.

I find the Malaysian controllers to be probably the nicest and most accommodating in the world. But I would also be even more proud of them if the were considered the best and most efficient in the world. All this would take is efficient communication, Strict adherence to ATC speed control (no 1 or 2 miles for a housing loan etc) and 1 rule for all operators.

Lastly I would like to apologise unconditionally to you and your colleagues for the direct nature of my language (My mother always washed my mouth with soap and I haven't learned the lesson yet, sorry Mum) And I would be delighted to accept your offer of dinner and beers. But there is only I condition, I will buy the dinner and beers.

Sincerely,

Wooblah.

DeltaSix
7th Oct 2007, 14:07
Just a suggestion - why dont' you tell the Air Asia aircraft to move his arse a little further into the holding point and tell him he is blocking the taxiway.

MAS Guy
7th Oct 2007, 22:02
Everyone can make mistake, look what happened in BKI recently. A MasWings plane took of from rwy 02 but rwy 20 was in use. That guy almost wipe out an AK on approach rwy 20. We dont know who is at fault and the case is close without investigation.

ACMS
9th Oct 2007, 05:18
Delta six: I have tried to "ask" them to move their butts forward a bit. Trouble is KL ground refused to let me switch to the TWR freq which the Air Asia crew where on. I asked them to tell Air Asia but alas nothing happened.
Maybe next time I'll put the TWR freq on Box 2 and do it myself anyway.
It's very annoying.
that brings me to another question about KLIA ATC, I'll have to ask Veloo on the other thread:ok:

pigflyer
9th Oct 2007, 09:54
Indon Air Asia inbound Medan love the dive onto 05. 2500ft alt over VOR then out and back in to ILS 05 from 6NM. If we want to go visual, we ask early & go down 1500, if a bit high when in sight then speedbrake slow down and go down if need to.
I saw Indon Air Asia dive down 2500 to 05 in 4NM. Now after 2 hard landing where one the plane grounded 2 months repair, visual base to final 05 banned for all.:D
Claim windshear as causing hard landing is getting boring. Too many use that excuse. Unstable approach on idle landing conf, You ask for trouble! Now cannot do in Medan, they do in Jakarta! :ugh:
Many new FO join them recently. Climb on V/S, too high on final fix. On a windy day and poor vis, I think I prefer stopping 30m from holding line. I dont want their wingtip cutting my windscreen on Vref +20. :yuk:
Next time I go KUL, I ask for full length but stop 10m from line, I don't want my cockpit clipped but not hold you guys either :}

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
9th Oct 2007, 11:31
I'd be a bit careful on the MASwings thinghy at BKI. You sure you got the facts right.............

Wooblah.

P.S perhaps the ATC guys on this forum could shed some light.

llchew
10th Oct 2007, 01:07
dca close one eye and pretend nothing happened...you sure or not...or just simply tembak! Tsk tsk!

Wooblah...thanks...investigation is on going.

MAS Guy
10th Oct 2007, 02:37
Usually Pilots will be grounded till investigation finish. This is to protect the pilot and also give him time to relax, so he will be safe (Not having the incident in the back of his mind when flying.) But as far as I knew, they r still flying. Well call it what ever you want, I still will be extra careful when I fly in Sarawak or Sabah. Keep my eyes extra wide to avoid them, cause unlike most Msian I cant close one eye.

Chrome
18th Oct 2007, 16:09
I can't believe the fuss that has been built up over this. And Wooblah you make little sense as always. Always arguing emotionally when what you should do is get that appointment with your counsellor and try getting help on your sick hatred to AK, TH and other outfits not MH once and for all.

But believe it or not I have seen a few MH 737 stop well before the holding point and blocking the taxiway. Yes I have. And I won't make up stories just to put people down or make them look bad. So before the flaming starts I suggest we stop all this accusing and work together as professionals to improve our lives better.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
20th Oct 2007, 18:01
Dear Chrome,

Took your advice and saw a psychiatrist. It cost me an arm and a leg but it was really worth it. He assured me that I do not have a deep rooted or latent hatred toward airasia at all. Infact he declared me rather sane. I asked him to do all the tests again including tests for any chemical imbalances. Again, he assured me that all was fine. Finally he asked me what made me make an appointment to see him. I explained it was some dude called Chrome Dome in a chat room for pilots called Pprune and that that dome fellow was an airasia pilot. Well!! he hit the roof raving and ranting about the incessant delays, the unprofessional attitude both on the ground and in the air and finally the terrible thump that always occurred when landing. But he did like the girls! Guess he summed it up perfectly.

ACMS
21st Oct 2007, 03:14
Chrome I suggest we stop all this accusing and work together as professionals to improve our lives better.

Exactly buddy, that's why I asked nicely for them to not block the taxyway.

reawold
22nd Oct 2007, 03:29
Took your advice and saw a psychiatrist
Looks like he gave you some uppers as well judging from the tone of your post. Guess the rumors are true that the national carrier has a drug problem among its pilots.

Well!! he hit the roof raving and ranting about the incessant delays, the unprofessional attitude both on the ground and in the air and finally the terrible thump that always occurred when landing.

Still ranting and fixated on the LCC. More counselling sessions would be in order.

finally the terrible thump that always occurred when landing.
Are you sure that never occured in your beloved airline?

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
22nd Oct 2007, 09:36
Dear RearWad,

If kissing a$$ was a drug you would be constantly high. You certainly know a lot about drugs! Guess it is your association with the music industry. You know that old saying "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll"

Perhaps you should take your own advice and seek help as you are starting to lose control of your anger management.

Funny though you sound an awful lot like Tony or Harry :rolleyes:

Anyway I have made my point and you may have the last say but I will reserve the last laugh.

Ciao, :D

Wooblah.

Fair.Pilot
22nd Oct 2007, 13:44
Life is really about choices,in this case..... the choice to WRITE.

But please, write it responsibly.......:ok:

Chrome
22nd Oct 2007, 17:34
Dear Woobly,

Your therapist is not that good in what he does if he has to fly a low cost airline. I suggest a second opinion.

29th Oct 2007, 19:33
:Dchrome:D

woobie doo must have switched psych's which explains the 8 day hiatus.

and this time the barter system of giving an arm and leg didnt work unlike the low cost psych,he actually had to pay cash this time and probably surrendered his internet connection. pity:ouch:

Im guessing you are a pilot with lots and lots of experience judging from your enormous ego,and must be an ace too by the way you pick on others mistakes...but it happens in your perfect airline too im sure...wake up and smell the crap my friend. As beautiful as a garden may seem,there will be weeds. thats one thing you dont need experience to tell... its just common sense...somethings pilots THESE DAYS require.

quit picking and start fixing.