PDA

View Full Version : helicopter logging around Vancouver

nick heli
17th Sep 2007, 17:34
Hello all, I am off to Vancouver at the end of Septemer just wonderd if there is any helicopter logging near the city. I am just interested to see helicopters working hard.

Thanks

Nick Heli

CDME
17th Sep 2007, 19:10
Nick,

There are a couple of operators around Vancouver. You have Black Tusk helicopters in Squamish and also Trans West Helicopters nearby who do logging with 214Bs.

Both companies have websites so check them out.

CDME

Backward Blade
18th Sep 2007, 00:53
Hello Sir,

Spent 8 years on the ground working under those logging machines, 205,212,61,ka32, 107 and even an A-Star all around BC. Even Co-Piloted a 214 for Trans West. I doubt you would find any active logging locations on their website. For the most point these machines, in a logging activity, are working in very remote sites as this is where the wood is. Best advice would be to go to Vertical Mag and ask on the forum. There may be a few "loggers" on site who will give you directions. I know the Crane has been working Vancouver Island a bit just by the pictures posted on that website.

Good Luck

Backward Blade

Dave_Jackson
18th Sep 2007, 01:05
Don't even think about "logging near the city". http://www.unicopter.com/Chairshot.gif

.... but welcome to Vancouver.