PDA

View Full Version : Forget Fantasy Football, how about Fantasy F6000?

Al R
15th Sep 2007, 06:55
I thought that instead of fantasy football, it'd be nice to be able to write the 6000's for Des, Broone, Torpy et al and the rest of the shower of sh'te at the top.

Personnel in Confidence, of course, or whatever its called now.

I'm a bit ropy at this, so I've forgotten the headings.

'D#s is an avuncular and jolly chap, respected by those who tell him he is. A superb multi tasker, Des combines managing Scotland and National Security with seemingly effortless ease. His ability to prioritise does him much credit too, and as a result, he is careful to ensure that he religiously spends at least 20 minutes each day on Defence. His mind is tidy (see his empty 'to do' trays), and his attitude to fitness is beyond compare. His ability to sprint out of the office, leaving others in his wake when problems arise, leads this author to think that his reaction to effective enemy fire would be similarly impressive. His stamina too, speaks volumes.. er, so to speak. He is able to communicate for ages yet say nothing.'

Pontius Navigator
15th Sep 2007, 07:38
1RO, I have amended your draft as you got some salient point wrong but good first effort.

'D#s is an avuncular and jolly chap, who respects those who tell him he is. It is the Minister's view he isa superb multi tasker; Des combines managing Scotland and National Security with seemingly effortless ease. His ability to prioritise does him much credit too, and as a result, he is careful to ensure that he religiously spends at least 20 minutes each day on Defence which is twice as much as he spends on the rest of his portfolio. His mind is tidy (see his empty 'to do' trays), and his attitude to fitness is beyond compare. His ability to sprint out of the office, leaving others in his wake when problems arise, leads this author to think that his reaction to effective enemy fire would be similarly impressive. His stamina too, speaks volumes.. er, so to speak. He is able to communicate for ages yet say nothing. I recommend that he be promoted forthwith'

Al R
15th Sep 2007, 08:33
Righto. :ok:

It still needs some work though, please have a provisional version on my desk by 1400, at which point I'll be leaving for a round of golf. CAS is proving more difficult.

"This officer is a compact, well housed and astute fellow, who fits into most cockpits with subliminal ease."

Being a fat bastaard, by contrast, I get stuck at that point.

HILF
16th Sep 2007, 06:50
Defence of the Realm as a secondary duty for Des then?

:*

Almost_done
17th Sep 2007, 07:13
Defence of the Realm as a secondary duty for Des then?

Quite possibly!

Pontius Navigator
17th Sep 2007, 08:05
No, I believe the modern term is ancilliary duty, ie jobs unrelated to the main job. Secndary duties, OTOH, are jobs that are asociated with the main job.

In small terms OC Stn Audit Board would be a secondary duty for OC SSS but PMC would be an ancilliary duty.

In the present context Scotland would be a scondary duty with Defence as Ancilliary, given the vital defence/industrial infrastrure there. These both fit well with his primary duty.

Kitbag
17th Sep 2007, 14:03
PN, term is 'Associated Duty'

Pontius Navigator
17th Sep 2007, 15:01
KB, thank you.

picky picky, it was very early

Al R
17th Sep 2007, 15:04
Are we in agreement though; 'Unlikely to become fit'?

Or has that changed to summat more PC.. 'lashings of untapped potential still' maybe.