PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Integrated Course Alumni, Jobs?

WhyNotFly
14th Sep 2007, 17:17
I just want to know how many people here have completed an integrated ATPL course and have successfully found a job at the end of the course or within a few months of graduation? Or how many integrated ATPL alumni are still looking for jobs?, if so is this because you had difficulties during the course or not? Please could you tell me what schools you attended.

All info will be helpful.

P.s i tried searching.

Thanks.

hh_1015
16th Sep 2007, 08:08
hello, Well im about to graduate from this "money making scandinavian flight school" promised 18month course is about to extend to 21months due the lack of teachers and planes..+bad organisation (not the first course though... our class is one the fastest so far??that tells something... ) okay about the job markets.. i know quite many people from my school and from others whos still "looking" for job.. (sitting home watching TV and waiting someone to call them and offer a job)
but most of them i can tell by they're looks its not because there are no jobs.. (it must be something with the personality / i believe the school is also playing a major part here with they're student selection) as i said.. i havent graduated yet.. i believe, i will around xmas.. and im going to pilot testing next week and this would be my 1st experience and i already have couple other selections waiting.. and i believe the rest is up to me... cant say anymore there are no jobs available? right... so i think the market all around is good, and getting better.. especially in germany...and to get a little boost incase you dont get employed immidietly.. might have to spend another 20grand for a rating.. my opinion.. if u try to save in this part.. u prolly get an instructor rating for 10grand and u get employed from a school like mine and u turn in to an ass that gets tired of instructing and starts a 5year whineng / dreaming (tapeing a posters of a big planes in your office /PC's background images etc) making us, students lifes a living hell...

another risk is to choose a school... not the one that only cares about making money... meaning.. tons of morans graduating 2years late from the schedule.. gets a job.. makes few stupid things, gets fired.. guess how many airlines will accept canditates from these schools ever again?

:ugh:

lebroix
16th Sep 2007, 16:17
Passed back through Oxford (where I trained) recently and found out from the lists they publish near the canteen of what jobs their Alumni get, that everyone in my class, and everyone in the class behind and the class in front all made it in to airline work. There were people in this group of classes who had age and training results issues (one had a 5th series IR pass!) who all found work.

The usual disclaimer applies though about past performance not necesarily reflecting future performance, and we finished at the begining of the job "boom" but I would say there is anecdotal evidence to say that with persistance, just about everybody makes it eventually.

I'm sure I'll be heckled for this view...

WhyNotFly
17th Sep 2007, 10:50
thanks for the replies, when did u graduate from OAT lebroix ad where do you work now?

Please keep the replies coming all info will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

asuweb
17th Sep 2007, 11:41
Graduated from OAT in June, employed within the week. Now line training.

From my course, I think 50% are either employed, or in the middle of selection procedures with various airlines.

GgW
17th Sep 2007, 12:27
(one had a 5th series IR pass!)
Says alot about Oxford's selection process then.
I went modular my mate went integrated, he is now a airline pilot , I am still looking forward just to get a reply from the stack of CV's that I have send out.