PDA

View Full Version : Can only post using IE

catfink
14th Sep 2007, 16:55
I'm am forced to dig around and find IE to post any threads.

Using firefox, my preferred browser, the only part of the post window available is the Title bar. The Message area is Greyed out.

Options tried are to disable pop up blocker. It wasn't enabled so I enabled it and put in an exemption for the PPRuNe web site. No good. Another was dump all PPRuNe cookies and start again. No good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

PPRuNe Towers
16th Sep 2007, 22:10
I've had another two people write to me with this problem - new sign up or hadn't visited the site in months. Still waiting for replies to see if they are using Firefox.

I've downloaded it but it's the Mac version and it is working fine. Our mail, or lack of, suggests the vast majority of PC Firefox folks are having no problems with posting.

I still smell ad blocking as being the first port of call - it's the only thing that has ever caused button and box drop outs in the past with i.e. or Firefox.

Regards
Rob

FlyerFoto
17th Sep 2007, 08:06
I use Firefox all the time and haven't found any problems with Pprune.

I don't know if it uses cookies, but I do have cookies enabled.

nic_from_rae
17th Sep 2007, 08:54
I was just going to say the same thing. Cookies being disabled can cause funny things like that too happen. Also, see if you can clear out the cache on Firefox.

green granite
17th Sep 2007, 10:55
Also if you are using the 'NoScript' add on you can get very strange things happening unless you tell it allow PPRuNe.

Saab Dastard
17th Sep 2007, 11:34
I use both Firefox and IE6 without problems.

SD